Interview with Moronist Decisions

EBC reporter Mousebumples recently sat down with outgoing WA Delegate Moronist Decisions for an interview. The transcript follows:

EBC: How and why did you decide to get involved in the World Assembly (WA)?
Moronist Decisions: Hmm ... I started out pretty much being exclusively in the GA/SC (General Assembly/Security Council). I liked that aspect of the game - legislating.

EBC: What is your proudest moment in the WA?
Moronist Decisions: I have to say it's the passage of GAR#194 - Treatment of Inmates. It's the sort of legislating that I like - perfecting legislation over a rather long period of time, leading to something this is rather better in quality than most of the other stuff I've done.

EBC: How do you view Euro's current standing on the international stage of the WA?
Moronist Decisions: With multiple very well known Europeians having authored actively in both branches of the WA, not least yourself (Mousebumples) but also Vinage and now r3n regularly participating in both chambers of the World Assembly, it is clear that Europeia participates actively in the World Assembly. I further note that we've been cited at least a couple of times as being influential in our final vote due to the fast voting and our relatively large number of votes; I shall note that we're currently the second-largest UCR (user-created region) in terms of delegate endorsements.

EBC: What do you feel that you've done, as WA Delegate, to directly impact our standing over the course of your term?
Moronist Decisions: I believe that my biggest achievement as delegate has been to vote in a manner that optimizes our votes; voting early and voting often. In addition - and this is mostly Mousebumples and r3n, but I will admit I'm in on it - we have been TGing, on key votes, WA nations in our region to encourage our region-mates to vote. As such, as admitted by some of the detractors of Europeia, our delegacy has been able to get our way on the NS vote overall fairly frequently ... although not all the time.

EBC: How can we work to improve our standing in the WA, going forward?
Moronist Decisions: Keep doing what we're doing. Hoard endorsements - and if you have a spare WA, be sure to endorse the delegate! Also, I believe that having the delegate and other Europeians be active participants in the WA, both on the NS fora debates and as authors in both chambers, are key parts to improving our standing in the WA.

EBC: Why should players get involved in the WA?
Moronist Decisions: Same reason why players should get involved in NS - it's fun! It's a different type of legislating, but nevertheless it is just "tricky" enough to make the game rather interesting, and the need to make a good compromise between different factions is a safeguard.

EBC: How can players get involved in the WA, even if they're not the WA Delegate?
Moronist Decisions: Most WA play does not require being the WA Delegate. Debating in the NS fora and drafting requires, initially, no WA membership (anyone can do it). You can debate upcoming legislation and participate in drafting discussions on different proposals both in Europeia for pre-drafts and resolutions soon to be at vote. You can also draft proposals both in the Vinage World Assembly Drafting Headquarters (in the Citizen's Assembly) and on the NS fora, and - with WA membership and two endorsements - submit these proposals for approval.

If you want to learn more, I strongly recommend working through WA 101, offered by Mousebumples and Elias Greyjoy through the Citizen's Assembly.
The EBC would like to take this opportunity to thank Moronist Decisions for his time - and for his 8 months of service to Europeia as WA Delegate. Your work has been impeccable, and you've continued the high standard of what's expected out of Europeian WA Delegates as of late.

Best of luck in "retirement" !

Thanks for the comments, guys! I've also posted the interview as a dispatch for anyone that wants to check that out gameside. For those with NS nations (Hint: that should be all citizens, at the least), if you could upvote the dispatch, I'd appreciate it.

(I want to try to get us at or near the top of this list! And upvoting is the only way to do that. :D)

I am not saying we should abuse the system but with puppets, I imagine it would be.. very easy to reach the top of that list, no?

(as in, the idea has been aware to us for ages and surely others have thought of it too, yet as far as I am aware there doesn't seem to be much puppet-spamming)

I'm not sure if there's some IP related tracking or not - I don't know those inside details. I know I've tried upvoting with various puppets, but it doesn't usually make much of an impact. :(

Back