[Inside Government] [Opinion] Europeia Needs Mandatory Recruitment

Lloenflys

Just when I was out, they pull me back in ...
Senator
Associate Justice
Discord Moderator
I think Drecq's point here is one I'm interested in knowing more about (although it would not change me from a no, in any case, I don't think). What is our success rate at recruiting? One every 1000 telegrams? 1 every 500? Do we have any way to determine that?

Also if 50 telegrams are easy to send, tell me again why we can't find a way to staff a Recruitment office with a small number of people who *do* have the time to recruit and don't otherwise have leadership positions? Is it just that this is such a boring job we've decided a ministry can't keep it staffed so we're going to share the load? What's the rationale?

Olde Delaware

Senator
Steward
Deputy Minister
I think Drecq's point here is one I'm interested in knowing more about (although it would not change me from a no, in any case, I don't think). What is our success rate at recruiting? One every 1000 telegrams? 1 every 500? Do we have any way to determine that?
MoI's have been telling us for years that it works but I have no updated numbers to tell you this sorry :/

Lloenflys

Senator
Associate Justice
Discord Moderator
MoI's have been telling us for years that it works but I have no updated numbers to tell you this sorry :/
What if we go back and look at Cit applications (and just assume - to the benefit of the "pro recruiting position" that all applications come from telegrams, just to get a high end number) in a given week, and compare it to the number of telegrams sent? Is there an easy way to pull that number? Probably not because I suppose we're concerned not just with people who become Citizens on here but also people who join the region as a whole - I suppose that number is going to be much better than 1 in 1000 (I was only thinking people who eventually became citizens originally)

Kari

My name is Kari, and I am a Legion of One.
What is our success rate at recruiting? One every 1000 telegrams? 1 every 500? Do we have any way to determine that?
From my own templates:

626 Delivered
3 Recruits (conversion rate: 0.48%)
266 Blocked by Category
470 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

76 Delivered
0 Recruits (conversion rate: 0.00%)
6 Blocked by Category
28 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

168 Delivered
4 Recruits (conversion rate: 2.38%)
41 Blocked by Category
151 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

37 Delivered
13 Blocked by Category
70 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

24 Delivered
1 Recruit (conversion rate: 4.17%)
27 Blocked by Category
68 Previous Recruitment Too Recent
1 Class Member

17 Delivered
1 Recruit (conversion rate: 5.88%)
19 Blocked by Category
84 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

141 Delivered
26 Blocked by Category
71 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

Total: 2,429

1,089 Delivered
9 recruited, 0.8264462809917356% of delivered. 0.37052284890901604% of overall
398 Blocked by Category
942 Previous Recruitment Too Recent
1 Blocked due to being a class member

Last edited:

Aexnidaral

Welcome to the Final Days of Europeia
WA Delegate
Associate Justice
Council of State
Honoured Citizen
Also if 50 telegrams are easy to send, tell me again why we can't find a way to staff a Recruitment office with a small number of people who *do* have the time to recruit and don't otherwise have leadership positions?
Honestly, laziness. lol I could easily spend some of the time I use on Discord or doing other things tangentially related to NS doing a few TGs a day, but I don't because... well, laziness.

Lloenflys

Senator
Associate Justice
Discord Moderator
What is our success rate at recruiting? One every 1000 telegrams? 1 every 500? Do we have any way to determine that?
From my own templates:

626 Delivered
3 Recruits (conversion rate: 0.48%)
266 Blocked by Category
470 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

76 Delivered
6 Blocked by Category
28 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

168 Delivered
4 Recruits (conversion rate: 2.38%)
41 Blocked by Category
151 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

37 Delivered
13 Blocked by Category
70 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

24 Delivered
1 Recruit (conversion rate: 4.17%)
27 Blocked by Category
68 Previous Recruitment Too Recent
1 Class Member

17 Delivered
1 Recruit (conversion rate: 5.88%)
19 Blocked by Category
84 Previous Recruitment Too Recent

141 Delivered
26 Blocked by Category
71 Previous Recruitment Too Recent
Thank you Kari - that is helpful. So we're arguing about something with a success rate of 2-5%, maybe, it looks like. I'll leave that for others to decide whether it changes or informs the argument at all, but it is helpful to have something to go by.

Kari

Thank you Kari - that is helpful. So we're arguing about something with a success rate of 2-5%, maybe, it looks like. I'll leave that for others to decide whether it changes or informs the argument at all, but it is helpful to have something to go by.
Was editing and calculating as you were posting. It comes out to less than 1% success rate of delivered;

Total: 2,429

1,089 Delivered
9 recruited, 0.8264462809917356% of delivered. 0.37052284890901604% of overall
398 Blocked by Category
942 Previous Recruitment Too Recent
1 Blocked due to being a class member

Last edited:

Aexnidaral

WA Delegate
Associate Justice
Council of State
Honoured Citizen
There's a LOT of variables that impact how impactful recruitment (mandatory) is. Timing is a big one. If you don't get the TG's out within like a couple hours of them creating the nation it's unlikely to succeed. Recruitment tends to be most effective early mornings and in the evenings.

I was under the impression Manual TG's get precedence over API/stamp TGs, which is why we push it so much -- it gets there faster. So I think instead of looking at it from the perspective of "wow that is minuscule" it should be "that number would be even smaller if it was just left to stamps" The biggest part of our population probably, without a doubt, comes from API/stamp recruitment, but the most effective in getting to someone first and upping our chances of snagging someone is manual recruitment.

Drecq

Senate Speaker
Vice Chancellor
Senator
Honoured Citizen
Discord Moderator
The mandatory recruitment wont be timed. So the random sample provided by kari leading to just under 1% is as likely as any. And 1% success at 450 messages per week means less than 5 additional nations per week. Fewer with a smaller Senate or executive. It just isnt worth it.

Aexnidaral

WA Delegate
Associate Justice
Council of State
Honoured Citizen
Yes, but those messages would be more effective and have a higher chance of pulling someone in than 450 stamps would.

Drecq

Senate Speaker
Vice Chancellor
Senator
Honoured Citizen
Discord Moderator
A marginally higher chance. In exchange we invite massive manpower problems. The trade-off is the worst since... idk. Someone help me out with a sports metaphor?

Prim

Primorye Oblast
Cabinet
Council of State
When I was MoI, GraV and I had a good discussion about our experience with manual TGs versus auto TGs and success rates.

The rounded figures we agreed on (based on experience) was that auto TGs were pulling about 0.3-0.5% success rate, while manual TGs were doing around 1.0-1.5% success rate.

That was mid-2018, so who knows, but there is a noticeable increase in success rates for manual versus auto.

Aexnidaral

WA Delegate
Associate Justice
Council of State
Honoured Citizen
When I was MoI, GraV and I had a good discussion about our experience with manual TGs versus auto TGs and success rates.

The rounded figures we agreed on (based on experience) was that auto TGs were pulling about 0.3-0.5% success rate, while manual TGs were doing around 1.0-1.5% success rate.

That was mid-2018, so who knows, but there is a noticeable increase in success rates for manual versus auto.
Yeah, that seems to track.

Kari

A marginally higher chance. In exchange we invite massive manpower problems. The trade-off is the worst since... idk. Someone help me out with a sports metaphor?
Since Recombis had to leave to work on the Buttigieg campaign with his Fiance and 3 kidneys.

Drecq

Senate Speaker
Vice Chancellor
Senator
Honoured Citizen
Discord Moderator
Lets assume 1.5%. In the current large Senate and Executive that would mean about 7 to 8 more nations per week. You have had two active Senators tell you that with mandatory recruitment they would not run again. Thats a minimum. It is still a bad trade.

Kaboom

Citizen
Mandatory recruitment previously was a thing because telegram stamps and automated recruitment telegrams didn't exist. They do now. It existed previously even though people didn't like it because there was no other choice. There is a choice now.

Getting a better Recruitment Minister will do a lot more than instituting mandatory recruitment will.

Bowzin

Grand Admiral
Senator
Council of State
Deputy Minister
Let's keep in mind that the 0.8% is from the telegrams delivered, not sent. The 0.3% is from telegrams sent. Referring to Kari's numbers here btw. It is probably better to look at the percentage by telegrams sent, since the requirement is for them to send X telegrams, not make sure X telegrams were delivered.

Astrellan

The first good SM™
Senator
Deputy Minister
Deputy Councilor
  • 1,739 Delivered
  • 359 Read (20.64%)
  • 34 Recruits (conversion rate: 1.96%)
  • 1 No Such Nation
  • 508 Blocked by Category
  • 1,077 Previous Recruitment Too Recent
My own stats fwiw. I've heard 1.5% is average, and 2% is quite good.

Kari

• 1,739 Delivered
  • 359 Read (20.64%)
  • 34 Recruits (conversion rate: 1.96%)
  • 1 No Such Nation
  • 508 Blocked by Category
  • 1,077 Previous Recruitment Too Recent
My own stats fwiw. I've heard 1.5% is average, and 2% is quite good.
1.0225563909774436% of all sent.