Important: update your images

r3naissanc3r

Honoured Citizen
Citizen
For technical reasons related to the conversion to ZB, we had to completely re-do the image repository (I know, it was long overdue): http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/topic/8894214/

If you are using images from the old repository, in your signatures or elsewhere, please update the image links to the new ones listed in the repository.

The previous uploads of images will be maintained for a transition period, approximately 2 weeks. After that, they will be deleted to save forum space. Therefore, it is important that you update the links of images you use before the end of this transition period.

Also note that, with the re-organization, image upload requests should now be submitted in the same thread as the image repository index itself.

Remind me to do this later. :p

I cant recall. Were the Civil Service Awards ever in there?

Drecq said:
I cant recall. Were the Civil Service Awards ever in there?
Drecq, no I do not think they were. If you want them added, please post a request in the image repository thread in this forum.

Charlotte said:
Won't they be replaced? I'm a bit confused about why they are being deleted.
Charlotte, there are two reasons why they are replaced:

1) The way images are uploaded is such that an admin in the future can replace the image but preserve the link, so that all uses of that image are automatically updated. Unfortunately, the IF to ZB change broke that, meaning that it was no longer possible to maintain the old links: the images could only be used in the form they had at the time of the IF->ZB transition and could not be changed. To restore this functionality, I had to remake the image repository.

2) IF forum did not support uploading .png images, meaning that for several of them we had to convert them to .gif (or .jpg when no transparency was involved), for a very noticeable loss in quality. ZB supports .png images without problem, so given that the repository had to be remade for maintainability anyway, it was also a good opportunity for an upgrade of image quality.

As I said in the OP, for now I am going to preserve both the old, no longer maintainable copies, and the copies in the new image repository. In the future, and to reduce server space waste, I will gradually start deleting the old obsolete copies. Less frequently used images will be deleted first, and the most commonly used ones will be deleted later. Some of them (e.g., the banners we use in government announcements) will be never be deleted, as they are used in several different fora and that would be too bad for posterity.

Final warning before I start editing people's signatures to replace the links.

On a related note, I noticed that many people are linking to the Junior Minister awards (there are four levels, this is bronze: [thumb]http://z6.ifrm.com/4812/177/0/p1028071/BronzeJM.png[/thumb]). These were not previously in the image repository, but have now been added. If you are using them, please replace with the repository links.

There are also a few other awards that have been given out and people are linking to, but I have no idea what they are for. One example:

If anyone knows of a comprehensive list of such awards, please let me know.

Our images are gone :O

Back