Important: deactivation of remote avatars

Is the size correct?
Wouldn't the forum compress them to fit the size? I mean, you've seen how large my current avatar is uncompressed and that was fine.
No, you have to size it at or under the limit (I think its 174 X 245 but I'm not in the Admin CP - this is Leth) yourself. The forums won't compress it for you (that is wonky, though - I've had avatars in the past that it resizes fine, and others that it rejects outright unless I resize it first).

Is the size correct?
Wouldn't the forum compress them to fit the size? I mean, you've seen how large my current avatar is uncompressed and that was fine.
No, you have to size it at or under the limit (I think its 174 X 245 but I'm not in the Admin CP - this is Leth) yourself. The forums won't compress it for you (that is wonky, though - I've had avatars in the past that it resizes fine, and others that it rejects outright unless I resize it first).
It's 175x254 but you're correct, so I'll try and do that when I get home. Thanks, Jesus! :D

Just tried to change my own and it seems to still be exactly the same. Saved in .jpeg format and it is 15KBs, 175 x 269 pxls so fits all the parameters... just hasn't updated it when it has said it has been updated.

Unless I am viewing a cached version of the forum and it has updated for everyone but me :p

^

Ignore. Now updated. Emptied my cache and all is fine again

See that, Gus? Look how easy it was for Vinage. And he's our idiot President.

:wub: Kidding Vinage.

Wait wait wait. I assumed you were sticking with him. You haven't figured out how to upload yet?

Back