Important: archives and archiving autotools

r3naissanc3r

Honoured Citizen
Citizen
I have implemented two changes with regards to archiving.

1) All forums serving as the archive for other active forums (e.g., Interior Archive, Senate Archive, etc.) have been moved under a special forum inside the large Archives category: http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/forum/4009603/ .

The forums have been replaced in their original locations by re-direct forums.

2) Autotools for archiving have been created. If you need to archive some threads, do not do it by selecting to move them to the respective archive forum. Instead, look for the corresponding Archiving autotool at the bottom of the forum ("Autotools" drop-down menu, next to the "Moderation" drop-down menu).

Using the autotools is both easier for those doing the archiving, and safer as it prevents accidental move of threads to the wrong forum.

----

If you are regularly doing archiving of threads and there is no corresponding autotool, please submit an admin request in the usual thread.

And if you've read this (and it relates to you - i.e. you archive things), please confirm here.

I confirm Ive read this. I usually archive things at the beginning of the term though. So the next Speaker will probably be the next person to actually archive Senate stuff.

Back