"I Felt My Soul Leave My Body" - A Europeian Horror Story.

Xecrio

Europeia's Resident Psychic
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
As some of you may know, I ran for First Minister back in June this year with Ervald, in a bid to become Europeia’s last First Minister. I lose that race, albeit narrowly. This article is not about that race, no. It is about something far far worse.

Each candidate was required to engage in a debate. All three of us had settled on having the discussion on radio subsequently held via discord. Anyone that has been on a discord call knows that you can either answer the call with or without video. Of course, I would never answer with video, but on this day I did. I pressed “answer with video” by accident. What made matters worse what that I hadn’t noticed and the caller? That was CSP. There I was, sat, sprawled on my chair browsing through my notes before I switched back to discord. Instead of my avatar greeting me, my face did.

I felt my soul leave my body. All sense of being was gone. What if CSP had seen me? I ended the call and redialed, hoping that no-one saw me. To this day, CSP, Peeps, or McEntire have said nothing. Remember folks, always check what button you press or else you might find your face being shown to some Europeians live on camera.

I think it could be fun to do a voice debate with our cameras on.

I think it could be fun to do a voice debate with our cameras on.
You must be crazy. I'm never doing a voice debate with my camera on. Yes, I know that some people know what I look like, but that's not the point.

I can say while I did not see you, I have done this before. I can't remember what call it was but I didn't even answer with video, I called with video. I think I ended it before my video loaded though.

I don't know about yinz, but I'm v cute and have nothing to hide.

I can say while I did not see you, I have done this before. I can't remember what call it was but I didn't even answer with video, I called with video. I think I ended it before my video loaded though.
Probably me when we EVENTUALLY had that dinner together. 😔

Actually out of paranoia I cover my camera every time I join a Discord or Instagram call for this reason

Back