GraVandius Boldly Proposes Non-Binding Resolution to Archive States

GraVandius Boldly Proposes Non-Binding Resolution to Archive States
By Writinglegend

(Europeia – November 6, 2017) – The issue of the states program came to a climax today, with former Chair of the Citizens' Assembly (CA), GraVandius, proposing a Non-Binding Resolution (NBR) on governmental archiving of the states.

The states program originated three terms ago as a separate institution where newer members could gain leadership experience without the stress of our professional structure. After the founder of the program, Sopo, left for unforeseen real life reasons, the states fell into inactivity. The states program was one of the many prominent issues in the past presidential election.

Newly elected President Brunhilde has received push-back on her policy proposed with the states, which was to neither devote resources to them or kill them off completely. GraVandius had strong opinions on this policy, calling it a "total cop out" within the CA. XIV would then fiercely defend the new administration, stating that they won on the backbone of not doing anything with the states, and they should not be criticized for following their platform.

The proposed NBR follows the mindset proposed by GraVandius. The resolution boldly proclaims that, "We the People resolve that President Brunhilde should have the states program closed and archived in its entirety."

World Assembly Delegate Aexnidaral Seymour, former Minister of Radio Sopo, Chair of the Citizens' Assembly Vlaska, and Deputy Minister Ervald have all come out in support of the NBR. In contrast, former Minister of Interior XIV has come out against the agreement.

"The government is not wasting resources, it is not taking a course of action that is damaging to the republic," XIV argued, in an effort to defend the goals of the current administration. "Are we planning to start issuing non-binding resolutions every time a forum isn't shuttered in what the assembly sees as a suitable time frame?" He noted that such a path would make the Citizens' Assembly look like a "foolish" body and that the proposal was simply "silly".

XIV received immense push-back for his comments, namely his suggestion that there was similarity between the previous Festival of Marigolds forum and the current forum for the States Project. The Festival of Marigolds was a joint cultural event held between Europeia and Kantrias to celebrate their newfound bilateral relationship. The last administration left it opened for several days beyond its scheduled expiration.

Senator of Europeia and Queen of Kantrias, Kylia, came out against the assertion that there was any similarity between the two forums. "There is a difference between 'The States' and the Marigold Festival forum, XIV."

"I don't contend that there is a difference between the states project and the treaty of marigolds [sic], to do otherwise would be silly," countered XIV, leaving Deepest House visibly confused. "After the states project proved a failure and the festival ended they both became redundant forums that had no real purpose remaining on the main forum."

GraVandius would defend Kylia, commenting that the difference between the States and the former festival was "obvious".

"The states program was created to last a hypothetically indefinite amount of time," he noted, contrasting the states with the festival. "Thus, there is a clear mandate to close the Festival while there not being one with the states program."

GraVandius would continue to contend that the NBR would fill in the open mandate to close the states.

The EBC reached out to the creator of the states program, Sopo, to get his thoughts on the NBR.

"What is the value in leaving a forum to rot when you've outright promised not to make any changes or improvements to the program?" he rhetorically asked, visibly against the current policy by the administration. "I'm a big fan of the idea and still am, but let it die with dignity if you won't save it."

President Brunhilde and Vice President Rach have yet to comment on the Non-Binding Resolution. The administration has not showed any signs of altering their proposed policy for the states.

Seriously, just get it over with and axe the program rather than letting it languish and waste. If it's going to die, let's not waste our time. :p

This is a lot of hullabaloo over a non-binding resolution.

Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Seriously, just get it over with and axe the program rather than letting it languish and waste. If it's going to die, let's not waste our time. :p
Whose time is being wasted?

Kylia Quilor said:
This title feels like you're mocking Grav.
I mean it is a first for the CA but I don't know if boldly is an adjective I would use to describe presenting of an nbr :p

All in all I'm just happy to have a positive article about me in the EBC :smartass:

Kylia Quilor said:
Boldly proposes non binding resolution - there's nothing bold about an NBR.
I can imagine a bold NBR.

I do believe that President Brunhilde should end the States Program. The only way to maybe salvage it is to put a lot of effort into it, but that effort could be better used elsewhere. Don't let it sit and rot. Just put it down.

Festavo said:
I do believe that President Brunhilde should end the States Program. The only way to maybe salvage it is to put a lot of effort into it, but that effort could be better used elsewhere. Don't let it sit and rot. Just put it down.
I agree; I don't think an NBR is a necessary or needed part of the process.

Writinglegend said:
"I don't contend that there is a difference between the states project and the treaty of marigolds [sic], to do otherwise would be silly," countered XIV, leaving Deepest House visibly confused. "
I'm still not sure what this means.

Deepest House said:
Writinglegend said:
"I don't contend that there is a difference between the states project and the treaty of marigolds [sic], to do otherwise would be silly," countered XIV, leaving Deepest House visibly confused. "
"I'm still not sure why this means" DH says visibly confused.

Deepest House said:
Writinglegend said:

Deepest House said:
Writinglegend said:
The states project and the Treaty are two different beasts; but the forums after the festival had ended and the states were agreed to be a dead project aren't any different. They're two forums on the front page that shouldn't have been. One of them was removed yesterday, weeks after the festival ended, and the other has yet to be removed, only days after it was generally agreed that it should be.

So you're saying to contend there is a difference would be silly?

I'm not a smart man, but I had a lot of trouble following that construction.

Deepest House said:
So you're saying to contend there is a difference would be silly?

I'm not a smart man, but I had a lot of trouble following that construction.
No. I'm saying that when both forums had a purpose they were very different, but after their purpose had run it's course that difference was negligible. It was a poorly worded statement.

Back