Germany <3 England

Xecrio

Europeia's Resident Psychic
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
index.png
This is a story of reconnection. Except it's not a story, it's one hundred per cent real, and I am so happy that I can tell you this. Back in 2017, I was 15 and just starting my GCSE's. One of those GCSE's was German, rather than Spanish or French, because I didn't like them. German had more pizzazz. Anyway, around October of that year, my high school engaged in a "pen-pal" exchange program. My girlfriend at the time and I chose this girl to talk to.

Things got off pretty well; we started communicating pretty regularly. We were supposed to be speaking German in the emails, but since she spoke English pretty well anyway, we didn't see the point in saying "Hallo, Wie Geht es dir?" every time we started an email. The regular conversations continued roughly until the new year; we even managed to exchange social media.

I'm not entirely sure what happened. I don't know whether I got bored or whether I simply forgot about the program. Heading into 2018, however, I had lost most, if not all, interest in speaking to my German pen-pal. That was the case until yesterday. I was in a voice chat with some Europeian friends, and Pichto being German, reminded me. It wasn't a direct reminder, but something about his German Auror triggered something in me.

I headed over to my email to try and find hers. I managed to find it, and I sent her an email. I was worried that it might have been her school email, and since she would have left school, she wouldn't see it. Luckily, this afternoon I got an email back from her. Now, we've exchanged phone numbers and social media, and hopefully, we can get talking regularly. I wanted to tell you all this because I'm pretty happy right now. Thanks for reading!

I'm glad I had triggered this!

Update:

This did not work out as I expected. We initiated conversation via email, before shortly moving over to Snapchat. Once there we exchanged an approximate total of 5 messages. I sent her a message about a month ago which has yet to even be read.

I have arrived at the unfortunate conclusion that this did not work out as I hoped it would. We have ceased all forms of communication and I don't expect us to reconnect.

this is really really sad

Yeah, unfortunate. But it's the memory that remains!

Back