Future of Culture?

Future of Culture?​

I have been a Junior Minister of Culture since I first came to the region those incredible... five months ago, having seen the end of one term and the start of JGlenn’s appointment. I have to say that Culture within Europeia seems to have good grounding for the future. In this brief article I am going to comment on some of the Cultural occasions this term and some, possible, ones for the future. Live long and culturally Europeia!

This term has had two Directors of Europeian Broadcasting Corporation and, admittedly, I have had only one single telegram regarding it while being a Junior Minister directly responsible for it. Perhaps this has been one of the biggest issues but, as the President stated at the very start of her term, she wanted to move media, news postings and similar onto the ‘Private Sector’ of Europeia and that has been happing. Intentionally or unintentionally. It will be interesting to see if the Private Sector of Europeia will maintain its position as number 1 to provide the news of Europeia or if the EBC will bite back in the future.

Education within Europeia has also been a disappointment with the University's activity short-term to say the very least with only Senator Skizzy Grey posting an educational article thus far. It remains to be seen if confidence will continue to be held in the current Dean by the Ministry.

As this term has drawn to a close the newest ‘fashion’ has been roleplay and in particular a roleplay of the entire world. Admittedly I find this more than interesting and will be excited to see this prosper, even for this to develop further into other, small, roleplays. We shall see what the future holds for this part of Culture.
Culture also saw to it the successful one-day Festival in recent weeks where communications through instant-messenger services were barred. This was an interesting move and I was glad to be a part of it. Perhaps the future of Culture will be to go down these one-off events?

Also, on the topic of one-off events, it was a shame that the Flash Game Competition quickly ended due to a lack of entries. Although something like that could only grow over time so it is a real shame that is was so quickly dropped. It is in competition that I, personally, see the future of Culture be it poetry, writing, photography or gaming competitions – people will always want to be the best.

That or we take a leaf out of a well known group of defenders and start to watch things together....

I think this direction is misguided. We've failed to develop our cultural activities past the same old contests and such (which are still fun) no matter how hard we've tried. I think media and history are the lifeblood of Europeian culture and building them should become the Ministry's primary focus going forward.

Back