Four-Questions

*Dum Dum Dalalalala Dum - The EBC News Opening Starts before switching to a grey-haired interviewer with West Dhaka, Skizzy Grey and Vinage opposite them on plush leather seats*

Today I'm here with two former Senators and a current Senator who served during the last term and have given up some of their time to be here today with me on the Four-Questions - Senate Edition.

So, guests.

How do you feel your term went and what was your personal highlight?

West Dhaka: To be honest, I didn't feel my term went well. I just felt there was a lack of good ideas and legislation, hence my lack of activity. Although some Senators would like to claim that it was because I didn't feel legislation was important enough, I just wasn't interested I guess.

Skizzy Grey: The Senate got off to a slow start this past term, for reasons that aren't clear to me (because I didn't join until the second by-election). I thought the second half of the term was better, and we really hit our stride toward the end.

Personally, the highlight was the rework of the citizenship laws, but from a substantive standpoint, I think the Treaty of Taunton will be the most enduring achievement. It's great to see an old ally like LKE enjoying a revival. I have heard good things about happenings in Hampshire too -- perhaps, in time, we will reinvigorate those ties also.

Vinage: I have to agree with Skizzy Grey completely here. The Citizenship Laws is a strong candidate. Towards the end of the term we really hit our stride and , I think, we had four pieces of legislation on the floor at the same time as well as the elections.

And your lowest, or least favourite, point?

West Dhaka: I felt my lowest point was the whole vote changing scandal. The reasons behind it are complicated, but it was mainly a political thing, having to align with your base and such.

Skizzy Grey: I wasn't in the Senate at the time, but I thought the Senate's abrupt (and ultimately aborted) effort to override Rachel's EO on the EAAC was an embarrassment to the Senate as an institution. The lack of clear thinking was appalling. Fortunately, I think the Senate got better as the term progressed.

During my time in the Senate, I thought the time we spent debating Euro Time could have been put to better use. We didn't clothe ourselves in glory there.

Vinage: Yes, the effort to override the Executive Order was a strange one. It came so soon into the term that, I admit, I had hardly been able to settle and understand what was even going on. Luckily the Veto did not succeed. Other low points.... probably my own mistake on the Europeia Time Act and this who 'secret forum' issue that cropped up and quickly went quiet.

*The Host, obviously expecting other former Senators present asks regardless*
Why didn't you re-stand for your seat in the General Election?

Vinage & West Dhaka: Well we both stood in the election

Skizzy Grey: I don't love legislative work; it's too much like my Real Life job. And because of my Real Life experience, I'm insufferable to work with in the Senate. I always feel my way is the right way, and even if that's usually true -- *A grinning wink and light laugh it given to the camera* -- I'm sure it's grating for people to have me keep reminding them of that.

What does the future hold for you? Will we be seeing you again in the Senate or another branch of politics soon?

West Dhaka: I hope to do some work in Culture in this wilderness period, as I have a lot of ideas and experience in that area, and get involved in the City Council. A Senate run in the future is not ruled out, and is likely.

Skizzy Grey: I don't anticipate running for Senate again anytime soon. Any other position would require a presidential appointment, and it would be presumptuous of me to speculate about that.

Vinage: Well I've been re-elected into the Senate and hope to keep my seat there for future election. As for other positions... well I've been appointed Minister of Culture as well by the President so I hope you'll see some good work come from there soon.

*The host smiles and nods to each of the guests after they finish*

Well that is all we have time for today. I wish to thank my guests for coming on the show today. Overall it seems its agreed that the Senate got better as people settled down and understood what it was that they were meant to do. As for the future... well lets not rule these three out to pull something out during this term.

Thank you, I've been your host and you've been my audience. Until next time...

*Vice-President JGlenn rushes in, hair dishevelled, and tie slightly ruffled. The Host blinks a few times and starts his questions again for the panting Vice-President*

How do you feel your term went and what was your highlight?

JGlenn: You know, there is this feeling that the previous term was a joke, and that it wasn't successful. I tend to disagree, yeah, did we see some things that weren't all that great get put through? Yes, there were some very very minor formatting things we missed. But these weren't brought to our attention until after they were passed. You know the Public has access to the readings... But when I'm reading the proposed legislation, I'm focusing on the wording and the stuff that actually matters. We let one period go missing, and the Speaker forgot to remove the underlining text. So I'd like to ask, how is that the Senates fault?

I think the highlight was the Treaty we put through towards the end of the term. We needed something good to end the term on, and that was just it.

And your lowest, or least favourite, point?

JGlenn: I'm still disappointing with the Electoral Panel for not acting upon the extended deadline the senate rushed to get them. It feels like a slap in the face to the senate, or at least to myself and Skizzy who wanted to rush this through.

Why didn't you re-stand for your seat in the General Election?

JGlenn: I decided that I wanted to take a break from the Legislative side of the Region. I felt that I could do better else where in the region. I felt that it was best for myself and the region if I take an extended break from the Senate.

What does the future hold for you? Will we be seeing you again in the Senate or another branch of politics soon?

JGlenn: Well, I think its well known that I am the Vice President currently. But I'm not sure what the future holds. I just want to continue serving the Region in whatever aspect I'm allowed to. I'm not sure I'll be in the Senate in the foreseeable future, but who knows.

*The Host, again smiles and nods at the finally-calm Vice-President and returns to face the camera*

So, there we have it! An exclusive right there for you viewers at home. It seems that the last term might have been the last one for the Vice-President! Will we be seeing there again soon? Well... not if this term is a success and he goes for the Presidency next term!

*Dum Dum Dalalalala Dum - The EBC News Opening Starts before switching to the same interviewer this time with President Common-Sense Politics opposite him on a plush leather seat*

Today I am joined by President Common-Sense Politics on the Four-Questions show and our topic will be Foreign Affairs - What's happened?

So, to start us off President - What impact will the recent severed ties with Unknown and the Kodiak Republic have on Europeia?

President Common-Sense Politics: As for the Kodiak Republic, our parting ways will really not affect us at all on a practical level. Our relationship with them was supposed to be based on cultural exchange and the like however with their activity issues, our treaty was not much more than a piece of paper. In truth, we probably should have cancelled it a long time ago regardless of this incident.

Unknown is far more difficult. Though we haven't been working together much lately, it's hard to know how their decision to move on will affect us in both the short and long term.

My guess is the effect will be far more minimal pragmatically than psychologically. I wouldn't put too much stock in it just now.

But do you foresee any change in these relations during your term or will the current situation be permanent?

President Common-Sense Politics: I don't foresee the reversal of our current circumstance in regard to these matters, no. That's not to say we won't listen. We'll always listen.

Who, do you feel, is to blame for the recent Unknown situation?

President Common-Sense Politics: I really don't think pointing fingers is productive at this stage. There are a combination of factors at work here and they don't all originate from one party. I will say that we didn't burn the bridge, though. That was done for us which certainly is regrettable.

Will Europeia be looking to strengthen their alliance to others, such as those in Hampshire?

President Common-Sense Politics: Europeia is always looking to strengthen our alliances and friendships as well as attempt to foster new ones. That will not change.

Okay... and I realise that this is the Four-Questions show but I'm getting a word in my ear-piece about this trending on our Twitter:

Has this been a hit on former-President Rachel's 'broad foreign affairs policy'? Would you say that we have spread ourselves thin and, because of such, some allies feel.... left out?

President Common-Sense Politics: No. Simple as that.

Okay. Thank you for your time President. *The host returns his eyes back to the camera*

And with that, I draw my conclusions here. It would seem that Europeia is not to shut its doors on those who were close to it but instead keep them slightly ajar so that they can return to the warmth beside the fire. The Foreign Policy of Europeia remains to have taken a small hit, but that is it... a small one. Perhaps in the future a report into all of this will go on. Until then, the answer we are getting is we are listening and waiting for the ship to turn back course.

Thank you and goodbye

*Dum Dum Dalalalala Dum - The EBC News Opening Starts before switching to that same-ol' interviewer with 3 leather chairs opposite. In walks, with a round of applause, the three candidates for the Senate By-Electiont*

Hello & Welcome to another issue of Four-Questions - By-Election special. With not much longer until the polls for the By-Election open, I've managed to get an interview with the three candidates today.

So... What makes you the stand out candidate for this election?

McEntire My temperament and my experience. The Senate needs stable activity right now, and I believe I'm the only candidate who can provide exactly what it needs.

Notolecta Well we are all stand out candidates because you have three very unique individuals running for Senate here. Apollo is young and full of potential but rather inexperienced; Mcentire is very experienced and well established but has questionable activity, and I am kinda the middle ground when it comes to experience and how well established I am, with the activity and potential still there. Other things that differ me from the other candidates could be seen as either good or bad depends on who you are. These include: being really opinionated and always speaking my mind, not being afraid to do things others don't agree with, and the type of thought process more often seen in good justices.

Apollo What makes me the stand out candidate? I think I really stand out in the by-election because I'm the "new one". I'm the yougest Europeian running for this Senate seat and I think that stands out in voter's minds. Do I want to vote for the guy who has been here for 2 months? Yes. I may not have been here very long, but I've learned a lot in a short time, I want to be a Senator because I know I can learn more and contribute more as a Senator. If elected, after the election I'll have an entire month of Senate expierence expierence.

Now, the Separation of Powers has been a battleground of a while. What are your views on citizens being both Ministers and Senators?

McEntire More power to 'em, I say! In all cases. If a President thinks they can handle the workload, I say great. I don't think there's any possible Senate-Executive corruption, that's a myth.

Notolecta I'm kinda biased on this, but if one can handle both jobs, he should be allowed to hold both positions. It is up to the voters to decide whether he can handle both positions or not.

Apollo My views on Citizens being both Ministers and Senators are that I love it. I absolutely love the dedication that Vinage and Swakistek have showed this term as both Ministers and Senators. I don't mind about a newly elected Senator being appointed a Minister. If he can do the job better than anyone else, who cares if he's also a Senator? Ministers should be Citizens (or newly elected senators) who the President knows can do the job to the best of his or her ability. A Minister, a Senator, or even both - It should be whatever's the best for Europeia.

Now then, What should we expect from you in the Senate for the remainder of this term?

McEntire Activity and leadership. You can expect for me to be outspoken on the bills and serious about getting progress done on the law reforms.

Notolecta Should I be elected, you'll see me chiming in on every single piece of legislation as it is reviewed, putting out a wide variety of ideas and possible directions for every piece. Should I not get elects, you will still see me giving opinions; however, it will only be on the bills that I have extremely strong opinions on.

Apollo Dedication. You can expect from me dedication to always be commenting, debating refining on a law. I will be incredibly active the next month and would love my time to be spending my time serving the Senate. I would love to contribute to the ongoing law reforms and a chance to serve with this very expierenced and prestigious Senate.

Do you have any legislative ideas you would like to see turned into discussions and an eventual vote?

McEntire Honestly, I think this Senate has its hands full fixing everything that already is, so I'd probably not propose any new ideas until we could get the solid footing of the Law Index back in order.

The only thing I can think of that I'd like to see discussed is the judicial selection process. I believe that it's pretty ineffective and would like to look at a return to elected Justices or some alternate system. That's something I've wanted to discuss with my fellow Senators for several terms now.

Notolecta Right now I don't, actually I think we need to focus on getting the law reforms done, so unless it is something urgent, I would rather spend all the Senates time on the law reforms.

Apollo I do not really have any legislative ideas that I'll contribute this term because of the major law reforms. I would just like a chance to comment, debate, and refine a new law being reformed.

So, there we have it, four questions and four answers from three candidates. It seems that the consensus is that the three candidates will focus on the Law Reforms so the real question here is - who do we trust more to assist this? An experienced member, a returning member or a new member?

With that, I bid you all a good night

*Closing theme before a fade to black with the host and candidates sharing a laugh in the background*

Will you all fulfill your recruitment quotas? :wub:

Back