Forum Changes

Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
The VP, MoCI, and I have come up with a plan to reduce the number of forums and make it easier for newbies to find relevant materials. If the Admins approve, this is what we'd like to see:

Introductions
---> LoA
---> Apply for Citizenship
---> Apply for Ambassadorship
The Help Desk
--->Handbooks

So, the current Citizenship forum becomes a subforum of Intros, and the Ambassadorship apps are split to a new subforum (which may at some point include embassy applications... or not). The current Handbooks forum would become a subforum of the new "Help Desk" forum.

In addition to this, I'd also like to change up the Culture forums a bit. I think The Aurora Art Gallery, the Writer's Athenaeum, and the Roleplay Theatre could all become subforums of a larger "Culture Galleria" of sorts.

I'd like input from both the admins and citizens on this. Thoughts?

One immediate problem in combining the culture forums is that some of them have subforums themselves. IF won't allow for a second level of subforums.

Personally I am in favour of consolidation, as I have said multiple times in the past. There is one argument against that, which I believe is valid, that by removing forums from the index you make them less visible/accessible, which has an impact on how active they are. I think this is probably true to an extent for new members, not so much for older ones. One way to ameliorate this would be by adding links to all subforums in the forum description (this is already done, experimentally in the Goldenblock forum; I've been meaning to expand it to all forums for some time now).

Most of the Culture forums, especially Roleplay, are not used much, and those who want to use them will know where they are, and by using them new people will see them. I just think consolidating Culture will make things easier to find, and will be a better designated place for contests and such so the CM's office can be used for prep/business things.

I have implemented the changes to the introduction area. I have also added the links to subforums in the top forum description. Please let me know about what moderators etc. I need to add. Also, please post here about any changes that need to be made to references to the citizenship forum that may now be broken (including header, welcome pm, etc.).

Regarding culture, we need to decide what to do with the already existing subforums before I proceed. A bunch (most/all?) of those can be archived as they are inactive. The rest can either be merged into the respective top forum, or be made into separate sub-forums inside the new general culture forum.

Minister of Citizen Integration (Welfare) should have mod over the Help Desk and subforums. I'll poke around for other things as well. Thanks, r3n.

Do you want me to also move the Employment Office there? You mentioned somewhere that it's going to be moved there but it wasn't on your list.

EDIT: Moderators added.

Do you want me to also move the Employment Office there? You mentioned somewhere that it's going to be moved there but it wasn't on your list.

EDIT: Moderators added.
Ah, yes. I can move it myself. Thanks.

Global mod powerz!

As for the subforums, all the roleplay ones can be archived and the writers' ones can be separate subforums in Culture, Nonfiction Writing and Fiction Writing. How's that sound?

Edit: The Mentor's Lounge subforum can also be archived.

Whoever does the archiving, put them in the right spots. :ph43r:

Done all of these.

The name and forum description I came up with for the culture forum are not strong contestants for the "most imaginative entry" award. Any suggestions are welcome.

Could you dump the Writer's Athaneaum (too lazy to look up real spelling) threads into "Fiction Writing" and archive it? Right now it's an unnecessary extra subforum. Much thanks.

Yes I was also thinking about what to do with it. In the end I went with the lazy option of leaving it there, as I could't be bothered to check whether it's fiction or not.

Most of it is. Everything on the first page, anyway... :ph43r:

"Home to all things cultural in Europeia. If you have any kind of talent, this is the place to show it off!"

Maybe that's a better forum description?

Edit: Also, since there will likely be a World RP subforum (see Admin Task thread) could the "Roleplay Theatre" subforum just be called "General Roleplay?"

Back