FM Standing Poll Results - This Race Is Far From Over

United Vietussia

Allegedly Did Some Stuff
Citizen
1573880158241.png

FM Standing Poll Results - This Race Is Far From Over
poll conducted and analyzed by United Vietussia
The Arnhelm Review recently conducted a poll now that the candidate field is set for the upcoming First Minister election on November 18th. What follows is the results of this poll and some analysis to better contextualize the state of this race.

Forms response chart. Question title: Who are you CONSIDERING voting for in the upcoming First Minister election?. Number of responses: 22 responses.

We first asked respondents who they were considering voting for in the upcoming election. Leading the way was DAX and Istillian, garnering the consideration of roughly 3 out of every 4 respondents (72.7%). Tied and getting the consideration of about half of our respondents was Calvin/Rachael and Olde Delaware/Kuramia, each with 54.5%. Rounding us out was cuddles/Bowzin, who still managed to earn the consideration of about 40% of respondents. A majority of respondents indicated that they were considering multiple candidates, so there are still a lot of votes to be earned in the coming days.

Forms response chart. Question title: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?. Number of responses: 22 responses.

Author's note: Upon review of the responses, one respondent indicated that they would support DAX in the question including the "Unsure" option, but indicated that they would support cuddles in the question without the "Unsure" option. This resulted in a drop for DAX's percentage in the latter question, but we believed it would be better to include this response rather than omit it.

What we see here is that nearly 2 in 5 respondents are still unsure as to who they will vote for, but for those who have made up their mind, many have landed squarely with DAX. Among the unsures, the vast majority ended up breaking for Calvin Coolidge, indicating that the race may seem like a two person frontrunner race, with DAX having a solid base set and Calvin in the process of trying to earn one. However, cuddles performed extremely well in the question without the "Unsure" option. Upon review of responses, among the "Unsure"s, of those who didn't break for Calvin, many broke for cuddles. This could also indicate a potential willingness to try out something completely new. Olde Delaware's campaign has a solid base, but that base needs to see some growth before election day in order to contend.

Forms response chart. Question title: How committed are you to stick with your current choice, if forced to vote for a candidate?. Number of responses: 22 responses.

Of our "very committed"s, their choices were spread almost evenly across the campaigns, so it's reasonable to assume that many minds can still be changed in the days still remaining in the campaign process. While the race is starting to see a bit of separation, there is no campaign that truly seems to be out of it just yet.

What are your thoughts on the results? The Arnhelm Review will be conducting two debates tomorrow: one between Second Minister candidates (7:30 PM EST) and another between First Minister candidates (midnight EST). We hope these debates will provide crucial insight into helping voters formulate the most informed decision they can make come election day, so we hope you'll tune in if you can.

The raw data of this poll can be made available upon request via DM @United Vietussia#9873.

I'd love to see a cross-section within the various levels of commitment.

Interesting results, thanks!

It'll be interesting to see how the ENN results from them differ or complement them.

I'd love to see a cross-section within the various levels of commitment.

I have an 8-3 rehearsal today for the musical I’m in (which is partially why I got the results out quick), but when I get back and have some more time I’ll try to see what I can do to get you those precise numbers. I know GraV helped measure that when we put it into our election tracker, so getting those numbers shouldn’t be too hard. If you’d like to know right now and don’t want to wait, shoot me a DM and I can link you to the raw data spreadsheet in the interim.

Back