Executive Poll Shows Trust in Ambitious Vision

Executive Poll Shows Trust in Ambitious Vision
By Punchwood and Le Libertie

With the midpoint of the presidential term reached, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) conducted a poll from May 14 to May 15. A total of 29 respondents gave their opinions regarding the state of the region, their approval of their executive officials, and a glimpse of potential candidates for the next presidential election.

Overall Executive Approval:

Average: 75.7%*
Discord moderation needs to be improved; quality over quantity.
Not sure this term will be remembered for anything but they're fine overall
The executive overall cruises at an approval rating of 75.7 percent, one of the highest ratings of recent terms. This compares to the average approval rating of 60.7* percent in the previous executive under Malashaan and an approval rating of 63.3 percent under the Rach executive, showing a clear increase in the satisfaction of respondents. What many saw as President HEM’s risky gamble to lessen the president’s control over ministers appears to have paid off, in the most part. This may be due to the influence of increased accountability given for ministers, which was a result of HEM management changes. Of the little notable comments given, one expressed approval but also a sense of doubt that the term would be memorable. Nonetheless, these results are a clear sign that the executive has earned the approbation of the majority of the citizenry.

*Under the Malashaan executive, the approval rating was calculated to a percentage by assigning ‘highly approve’ a value of 10, ‘somewhat approve’ a value of 8, and so on. Overall Executive rating was attained by averaging the ratings of all of the officials.

President HEM:

Average: 81.7%
Better than average but nothing truly outstanding that'd warrant a 7+ rating
A solid enough performance. Should have removed things like the 2 Ministries rule when it was clear it was not working. I'm sure if you were to look at campaign promises he probably under delivered slightly but overall still a good enough term.
HEM has tried a lot of things this past term to boost activity. I think some things like the larger senate, were at least marginally successful. Other things like the junior minister program have been in my view a failure and may have decreased activity in the region. That’s why I give him a 5.
HEM has done a fantastic job as President.
Refreshing
President HEM has an approval rating of 81.7 percent: higher that previous president Malashaan’s approval rating of 72 percent, while lower than Rach’s approval rating of 87.5 percent. One recurring theme which has defined HEM’s presidency is experimentation. Whether through the Regional Service program or changing the typical executive structure, HEM has been attempting to try new things, something that appears to be bringing success. Still, it is debated whether some HEM’s efforts have actually accomplished their goals of improving activity in the region. One commenter noted the senate expansion as “at least marginally successful.” It is acknowledged that time may be the only way to determine whether some of these efforts will bear true success. Still, a vocal minority express disapproval regarding the Junior Minister program, particularly the restriction of JMs to only two ministries. But overall it seems that Europeians approve of his ambitious efforts so far in his term.

Vice President Sopo:

Average: 83.1%
Sopo looked like a very positive influence this term and was an unusually active VP
Not as active as some have made him out to be, but overall a good term especially for a VP.
Solo seems to fall under the plague of most vps.
Sopo has been a highly visible and invested Vice President.
Good stuff. Guiding voice. Leading from the top.
Sopo rests at an approval rating of 83.1 percent, slightly higher than that of the President. This is comparable to the previous VP Writinglend, who had an approval rating of 84 percent, while much higher than that of Darcness (62.5 percent) under Rach’s term. Praise has mostly been directed towards Sopo’s ability to to stay active and visible as this term has progressed, a problem of vice presidents often observed by the citizenry.

Average: 76.6%

Didn't hear any bad news
Had a bit of a slowdown recently but seemed active enough before that.
I give a 6 because I haven’t been paying much attention this term.
Good.
Grand Admiral Drexlore has an approval rating of 76.6 percent, which is very close to the average rating of the executive. Having completed goal implementation rate of 60 percent, it is clear that while Drexlore has been accomplishing a majority of his goals, significant improvements are possible. It is important to note that half of his unaccomplished goals occurred in the last week, a sharp contrast from the earlier portion of his term and an indication of a recent slump in activity.

Average: 74.8%

He tried well enough
Can't say he's really done much. The Handbook seemed to have been rushed at the end by himself and not much else happening in terms of Integration. Recruitment is better but I'm not sure how much of that increase is due to him.
He’s certainly been trying hard to keep things going and while the response hasn’t been amazing I think the effort is what counts.
Prim's been working incredibly hard in Interior, even if it doesn't show outwardly, I think he needs to be given props.
Minister of Interior Comrade Prime has an approval rating of 74.8 percent, also very close to the executive average. He has also attained an goal implementation rate of 60 percent, which primarily is due to a lack of success in encouraging manual recruitment. Most have applauded the amount of effort that Prim has been bringing, despite these actions producing mixed results. It may be important for Prim to put more effort into being visible with the work that he has been doing, as the critical minority may be a result in the division of perception towards his accomplishments and action.

Average: 77.6%

There's still a lot to be done but she looks to know that and steer towards the right direction
Has turned the ship in the right direction and has been getting articles out on a very good turnover. She's also made good deputy appointments.
She’s been trying as well. Because of the infernal 2 ministry limit it is hard to determine this but her articles have been well written and excellent.
Kuramia's done a great job since taking over.
Minister of Communications Kuramia has an approval rating of 77.6 percent, above the executive average. In her short time as minister, she has completed 83 percent of her goals. Respondents appear to have confidence in her ability, with one respondent believing that she will “steer [the ministry] towards the right direction.”

Average: 80%

No blunders
Does anyone pay attention to this Ministry? Seems to be working fine and no catastrophe has happened so that's good.
Not enough info
Ervald has outperformed expectations for him, he's done a great job.
Minister of World Assembly Affairs Ervald has an excellent approval rating of 80 percent, the highest of the ministers and one of the highest in the executive. This may be due to the fact that Ervald has the highest goal accomplishment rate, which is at 86.6 percent. While commenters may have given Ervald a natural review, with two essentially saying they do not pay attention to his Ministry, it seems the silent majority strongly approves of Ervald's performance and this will no doubt benefit him in any future move.

Average: 80%

Nothing bad but I can't say whether he is active and I feel like he should be more visible
Pretty good. He's used his Deputies very well and has been allowing them to gain leadership experience.
Not enough info
Aex has done a good job as mofa. I am sure some people will claim there needs to be more "done in the ministry" but given that we've managed to largely avoid any international incidents and we haven't rocked the boat much I'm satisfied. He's outperformed my expectations.
Weakest member of a strong cabinet.
Foreign Affairs Minister Aexnidaral has an approval rating of 76.6 percent, which roughly fits in with the average despite the second highest goal accomplishment rate, at 85.7 percent. One would expect that an extremely high goal accomplishment rate would produce a very high approval rating, the gap may be due to a visibility problem. Two commenters suggest that Aexnidaral is not visible enough which could mean people are unaware of his achievements thus helping to explain the gap between approval rating and goal accomplishment rate.

Average: 65.2%

Disappointing, I would give him even less points if he wasn't a replacement
Has done some things very well, others however less well leading to an above average performance but only just.
He’s trying it seems
UV hasn't done bad, but he also hasn't done good.
Tries hard. Still need polish but definitely a positive.
Culture Minister United Vietussia has an approval rating of 65.2 percent. While it is one of the lowest ratings in the Executive, he has still obtained a substantial amount of satisfaction from respondents. His goal implementation rate of 58.3 percent is below average, which some see as concerning due to the fact that the goals stated by the ministry are seen as relatively simple and accomplishable. This may be an important factor explaining why his approval rating is much lower than other ministers with similar goal implementation rates.

Average: 76.9%

He's trying hard. Commendable effort.
Pretty disappointing but there has been an uptick lately
The social shows have been good fun but it would have been nice to have some more serious/political shows. Calvin's been good in the past at creating political shows so it was a shame not to see any this term bar a Senate discussion.
Also trying.
Radio has been great this term. I hope Calvin is able to get back in the game and reinvest when he is back home and settled. If anyone knocks some points off of Calvin for not being active and taking care of his grandmother shame on them.
Always awesome
Calvin Coolidge has an approval rating of 76.9 percent, very similar to his peers in the Executive. This can be seen as surprising, given his goal implementation is at 46.7 percent: one of the lowest of all ministries. This low rate is likely a direct result of his RL problems that he has been facing recently. The contrast between the approval and goal implementation rates is likely a result of sympathy and understanding regarding Calvin’s unforeseen situation. Nonetheless, it is clear Calvin will need to accomplish more of his goals in order to prevent his approval rating from potentially dropping.

Average: 63.4%

The Attorney General isn't usually all that visible but what he did seemed fairly fine
Never heard of him
Difficult to rate the performance of an AG. Not sure if he's been the most active so far.
A surprising amount of activity
kraken has done an adequate job. I dont think that the AG needs to do the busywork legislative recommendations.
Who is he?
Attorney General Kraketopia has the lowest approval rating of the Executive, at 63.4 percent. His goal implementation rate is at 60 percent, which spans over the sole two weeks they were reported to the Office of the Chief of Staff. This very low goal implementation rate could be one reason why his approval rating is far lower than the rest of his peers. A far more likely reason however, appears to be a visibility problem with most commenters not knowing what work the Attorney General has done, with some even saying they had never heard of Kraketopia. Kraketopia will have to either make his work more visible or release updates of the work he has done to boost his approval rating, otherwise his rating could fall even lower.

Average: 76.6%

His own initiatives are alright but maybe he could get some of his Cabinet friends working more (see: Culture and Radio)
This is very much a behind the scenes job so very difficult to rate. Jugging by the reports he's keeping up to date with each Minister but is he helping them reach their goals?
He’s doing his job I suppose
Good whip.
At 76.6 percent, Deepest House is at the same approval rating as 3 other Executive officials. The Chief of Staff position typically does quite poorly in approval ratings due to their job often being behind the scenes however Deepest House has come away with a fairly strong score for a Chief of Staff even if it is about average for the rest of the executive. Part of this may be due to the fact that he has been making weekly updates to the region, telling of it about Cabinet successes and failures, and it may also be due to a fairly high executive goal implementation rate. The reasoning for his lower ratings may be due to people being unaware of what he does to help Cabinet colleagues as well as some Ministries such as Culture's lower implementation rate.

Average: 76.2%

The archive is nice but I don't feel like he holds the government accountable
The job title is misleading as that is certainly not what he does. What he is doing seems reasonable enough and he's doing at good job at it, however I'm not sure if it requires an entire Ministry. This seems like the kind of work you would delegate to a VP or CoS.
Eh not really proving this is necessary with the output.
the shelf thing is really interesting
Is this a real office?
GAO Director Writinglegend has an approval rating of 76.2 percent, very close to the executive official average. His goal implementation rate is quite low, at 53.3 percent. His average approval rating is rather surprising given such a poor implementation rate. The reasoning for this may be due to the large Bookshelves project being received positively by the public but also perhaps an institutional approval of Writtnglegend. Writinglegend has been such a large and positive figure within Europeia for so long that some people may automatically assume he has done a good job or be more willing to forgive poor job performances and then give him a higher approval rating. It's a theory that's been suggested before and it may be showing some truth with such a poor implementation rate not seeming to bother people nearly as much as it did for United Vieatussia or Krakentopia.

Would you re-elect President HEM and Vice President Sopo?
Yes: 18
No: 5
Don't Know: 6

This is a very encouraging figure for President HEM even if he choses not to run for re-election as it helps to confirm his high approval rating. Should HEM seek re-election then he will be glad to know that an overwhelming majority at 62.1% would re-elect him no questions asked. He will also be glad to know that the "Don't Know" figure is higher than the "No" figure as it shows there is a small group who truly disapprove of him and he has an opportunity to win over more voters. This is a worrying figure for any who wish to challenge HEM as there is a small minority who are firmly set against voting for HEM and the "Don't Know" figure is too small to swing an election. Anyone wishing to challenge HEM will have a tough break with them having to secure all the "No" voters, win over all or most of the "Don't Know" voters and convince some "Yes" voters to abandon HEM.

Who would you like to see run in the upcoming Presidential election?

Ervald
Prim, Ervald, Kuramia
Prim
Kuramia
Cat
Sopo/Prim or the other way around maybe
Izzy
Writing Legend
Gleg
Izzy, Kuramia, Punchwood.
GraVandius, Prim
Kuramia, DH, Sopo
HEM or Sopo
Tony Stark
Whitmark
Writinglegend, Calvin Coolidge, Kuramia, Pyntuma

Europeian's have a number of people they would like to see seek the Presidency but crucially there is no overwhelming frontrunner. Current Minister of Communications Kuramia comes out on top with five mentions. Her high approval rating and previous experience could be reasons why. Newcomer Comrade Prim also comes out very high with four mentions. Many have been impressive by Prim's work even before he entered the Cabinet and work within the Cabinet and now Senate will no doubt improve his chances. After that Vice President Sopo and GAO Director Writinglegend follow with three mentions each. Sopo's high approval rating will have helped him and Writinglegend's work ethic and previous terms as President may be the main contributing factor to his mentions. Minister of World Assembly Affairs Ervald and Senator Izzy are mentioned twice showing that there is an interest in them running. Finally we see a number of people get a single mention, most of whom are currently government officials showing that people may be interested in a competitive election. The main thing to take away from this, is that while there are some favourites, Europeian's don't have a clear idea of who they want as their next President and may want a number of candidates to run. Should HEM not seek re-election then the next election could be very competitive and it could very much be anyone's game.

I would certainly re-elect Sopo, but I'm not too sure on HEM.
If HEM/Sopo don't run then I think this will be a very competitive election with a number of candidates but no clear frontrunner. Even if HEM/Sopo run I think we'll still see at least one other candidate who, if they have a good platform and they and their running mate are good candidates, could produce a competitive election.
You all came too close to electing Festavo

Thank you for conducting this poll and analyzing the results! We got interesting stuff here.

One would expect that an extremely high goal accomplishment rate would produce a very high approval rating, the gap may be due to a visibility problem. Two commenters suggest that Aexnidaral is not visible enough which could mean people are unaware of his achievements thus helping to explain the gap between approval rating and goal accomplishment rate.

I'm regularly in the top 10 posters of the day, and pretty active on Discord. There's not a visibility problem -- there's a "certain group of people who don't like anything I do problem" -- which is absolutely ok! And I haven't done anywhere near a perfect job as MoFA, but to suggest it's visibility is just grasping for straws. There's lots of things to fairly critique about my term as Minister of Foreign Affairs, nebulously whining about "visibility" is lazy. :wub:

Aexnidaral Seymour said:
One would expect that an extremely high goal accomplishment rate would produce a very high approval rating, the gap may be due to a visibility problem. Two commenters suggest that Aexnidaral is not visible enough which could mean people are unaware of his achievements thus helping to explain the gap between approval rating and goal accomplishment rate.

I'm regularly in the top 10 posters of the day, and pretty active on Discord. There's not a visibility problem -- there's a "certain group of people who don't like anything I do problem" -- which is absolutely ok! And I haven't done anywhere near a perfect job as MoFA, but to suggest it's visibility is just grasping for straws. There's lots of things to fairly critique about my term as Minister of Foreign Affairs, nebulously whining about "visibility" is lazy. :wub:
Yeah I totally disagree. I gave you a 9 Aex, I thought you did a fantastic job, but if I had to give a reason as to why some people gave you a lower score I would have to say it was to do with visability. Which is what I did.

Firstly being a regular poster and being sociable has nothing to do with visability regarding a Ministry. As you know by "visability" I was referring to Ministry visability not your personal visability. Did you give updates regarding FA? No. There was not very much public visability regarding FA. (I'd say that's just part of FA rather than something you did).

Secondly what is the problem nearly every MoFA suffers from? Visability or the apparent lack of it. What did the commenters say? There was a visability problem. To suggest that visability was a reason for some lower rating is a perfectly reasonable one, I disagree with it but it's perfectly reasonable.

I hope you were mainly addressing the commenters but if you were seriously suggesting that
legitimate analysis is "grasping at straws" then I'm very confused.

Firstly being a regular poster and being sociable has nothing to do with visability regarding a Ministry.

Well maybe they should make that point clearly in the comments!

As you know by "visability" I was referring to Ministry visability not your personal visability.

Then you should've made that point clearly, instead of lazily and generically saying "visibility " -- what kind of visibility?

Did you give updates regarding FA? No. There was not very much public visability regarding FA. (I'd say that's just part of FA rather than something you did).

Secondly what is the problem nearly every MoFA suffers from? Visability or the apparent lack of it. What did the commenters say? There was a visability problem. To suggest that visability was a reason for some lower rating is a perfectly reasonable one, I disagree with it but it's perfectly reasonable.

These are absolutely fair criticisms! And that's the highlighting you should've done in your original comment. ^_^

I'm surprised by the fact that there are people who acknowledge they don't know the ministry progress, and still give a bad rating or comment

Whitmark said:
I'm surprised by the fact that there are people who acknowledge they don't know the ministry progress, and still give a bad rating or comment
I mean, that is on brand for Europeia. :p

This is probably kinder then I deserve, but I do appreciate the confidence expressed here.

I do want to say that Aexnidaral has been one of my most invaluable Cabinet Ministers this term. Not a day goes by where we don't talk about important matters of state, and he's been assisting me on a very large project that I hope wraps up before the term ends.

I understand people don't always see this, but I do want to say it publicly.

Back