Executive Approval Ratings and Presidential Speculation Results

Approval Ratings and Presidential Speculation Poll Results
By Festavo and Monkey

Approval Ratings of the Executive Branch

She is one of the sharpest, most dynamic presidents we've seen.
Did a good job in spite of everything that happened, wish there was a little more activity
She's already Queen of Balder. There should be someone else so they can dedicate their time more
Wonderful
Keeping the place active, regular awards and speeches are unique but very good. It would be nice to see her helping in Ministies a bit more, but appart from that very good.
Did a great job
Rach has wildly exceeded expectations for her time in office and I think she should get credit for being pretty transformational especially in terms of our Foreign Policy.
She started really really strong and then kind of like faded.
She has done some good work, but her Cabinet has not been a cohesive unit. If she runs for re-election, having her own platform and vision would help that problem.
She lead Europeia in one of it's darkest hours, and was one of many people to restore my faith and security in the region. I would love to see her in office again
She's great!
Very, very quiet term after a rocky start. Did anything happen?
She's done well enough in her position. World Fair was handled quite well. She didn't seem as caustic as usual which was refreshing.
She has done a good job but she seems a bit sleepier as of late. I'm a bit concerned about her stamina for another term.

Overall, the majority of Europeians approved of President Rach’s term, with 87.5% approval, 1 negative response and 2 neutral responses. Most of the comments applauded her success at the beginning of the term, especially with regard to her handling of the Brunhilde scandal, and the continuing into the NSWF situation. However, there was some criticism of her lack of activity especially nearing the end of the term. Despite that, the overall consensus seems to be that she was a good president for Europeia in spite of everything that occurred throughout her tumultuous term.

Didn't seem to do a whole lot this term, but a lot of the VP stuff is behind the scenes so not too surprising.
I barely see him anywhere
Also wonderful. :)
Not seen him, but done nothing bad.
Did a great job
He seems to have gotten busy with other things.
Not very visible, but I see him working behind the scenes.
Darc does a great job of reaching out to new members, like me, and provides encouragement and valuable feedback.
Needs to increase his visibility. And since this message has previously been given to him by the public, he now can be held responsible for not addressing them or taking action.
He's a good VP!
Didn't really see him.
Haven't seen him do too much

Vice President Darcness received a 62.5% approval rating, and 8.3% disapproval rating, with the remaining 29.2% having a neutral opinion towards his term. The dip in approval rates seem to be attributed to the traditional ‘behind the scenes’ work that characterizes the Vice President, which can also be seen in the comments. Many of the comments urge the Vice President to be more visible in his actions and leadership throughout the term.

One major operation, but not sure what's happened besides that.
Overall had a good term, slowed down a little near the end
Taylor swift is great he needs to stay Grand Admiral forever
Dormant last half of term
Fine, but perhaps time for new blood to take the reigns.
As a raider, I'm always happy to see more raids!
He's a great leader!

Grand Admiral Calvin Coolidge received an overall 58.4% approval rating, 8.3% disapproval rating, and 33.3% had neutral opinions towards his term. Most of the neutral and disapprove votes seem to stem from the fact that the Navy appeared to slow down at the end of the term. A comment also advocated for newer faces in the role of GA.

Haven't heard from him/her.
Tried introducing new programs, not sure if anything new was really implemented. Would have liked to see more activity or at least delegation of tasks
Helping to keep the place remain active, train future leaders and looking at what the Ministry needs to do in the future.
Who? Where?
Yea... was not the best pick, interior has continued its slide
Pretty inactive and doesn't recruit. Would not Minister again.
Not seeing much from him.

Interior Minister Le Libertie gained an overall approval rating of 54.1%, disapproval rating of 25%, and only 20.8% of respondents had a neutral attitude towards his term, a reduction from previous ministers. Europeians seem to be much more divided on Minister Le Libertie’s term. Many of the comments criticized his lack of inactivity and progress in Interior.

Seemed to be a good pick for comms, did a good job throughout the term
He's great
WL is awesome.
Amazing job.
Comms has been great even if activity has dipped recently
Great, as usual. High output from Comms.
Done a solid job. He is a capable individual in whatever he tries to do.

Communications Minister Writinglegend had an 88.3% approval rate, with only a 4.2% disapproval rate and 12.5% of respondents having no opinion towards his term. Cearly, a majority of Europeians supported his term, with comments applauding the high output from the Communications ministry this term.

Not really sure what happened in the WA. Seems like there wasn't a ton of activity. Quiet term?
They're great but they screwed up on NSWF
Why is he still here? Her clearly does not give a rats about this region or this job.
Sanct is rather abrasive and prickly. Seems like a decent guy tho

World Assembly Minister Sanctaria also had a very divided response to his term, with 45.8% of respondents approving of his term, 12.5% disapproving, and an overwhelming 41.7% of respondents being neutral towards his term. Comments seemed to criticize his activity and dedication to the job, as well as one describing him as ‘abrasive and prickly’. Overall, the majority of Europeians seemed to be very divided on Minister Sanctaria’s term.

Izzy has been a dynamic leader in this position.
Did a good job this term, great pick.
Izzy is energetic but could benefit some from vision and actual policy to promote.

Foreign Affairs Minister Izzy polled a 66.6% approval rating, and a 33.3% neutral. The overall consensus seems to be that Minister Izzy was a good pick for FA Minister. The comments echo this sentiment, describing Izzy as a ‘dynamic leader’ and approve of President’s Rach nomination. Some criticism came from the fact that there seemed to be a lack of vision or policy, but Foreign Affairs Minister Izzy seemed to have still gained the approval of the majority of Europeians.

Did a good job with the NS World Fair, not sure what else happened during the term. Would have liked to see more changes/activity in Culture.
World fair was the big culture thing and them that went to shit. Clearly not drexs fault though
Aside from the World Fair (which fell apart due to no fault of Drex's), MinCult has been quiet. I can't recall any initiatives from that Ministry this term.

Culture Minister Drexlore received a 62.5% approval rate, 8.3% disapproval, and the remaining 29.2% of respondents had no opinion towards the term. The comments praised Minister Drexlore’s efforts and dedication to the NSWF, but many of them would have liked to see more from the Culture Ministry.

Seemed to be a good pick for radio, got a lot accomplished. Shame that she resigned.
She was clearly struggling to generate content and wasn't leading by example. The midterm changes to the Ministry were welcome, but not much has been going on there as of late.
Cat was great, sad to see her vacate the office
Didn't see a lot from Radio this term.

58.3% of respondents approved of Radio Minister Cat’s term, while 25% of respondents had no opinion and 16.7% of respondents disapproved of the term. Many of the comments wished for more activity during her term, while other comments agreed on the fact that she seemed to do a decent job as Minister.

He has been active and his legal arguments have been sound.
Not sure what happened in Justice, seems a little dead and inactive. Should have done more things imo
Get off your high horse.
He does his job but it may be time for somebody else.

Attorney General Rand received a 41.6% approval rating, 29.1% disapproval rating, and the remaining 29.2% had a neutral opinion towards his term. Many of the comments are divided, with some claiming Justice has been inactive, with one comment even calling for him to “Get off [his] high horse”. On the other hand, other comments describe Attorney General Rand as someone who is active and experienced in the role. It seems that many Europeians are divided over Attorney General Rand’s term.

Did a good job maintaining and overseeing the internship program, probably needs changes overall but I have confidence he will do a good job if it does continue.
He founded a great region
Trying his best with little help and publicity, done a good job.
He tried, but the internship program has fallen into disrepair and will likely join the ranks of well-meaning but failed integration programs. I appreciate his vision, but I'm glad to hear he'll be putting his efforts elsewhere.
HEM is one of the people I respect most in NationStates.
He did what he could with what he had.
Minister HEM received an overwhelming 70.8% approval rate, with only 29.2% of respondents having a neutral stance towards his term, one of the highest Ministerial approval ratings this term. Many of the comments applaud his leadership in the internship program. Most of the criticism directed towards Minister HEM is due to the structure and organization of the internship program itself, rather than Minister HEM’s involvement or management of the program.

Internship Program

Note: I forgot to add a comments section to this. My apologies.

54.1% of respondents wanted the internship program to continue, with 33.3% of those believing that it should be reformed. 29.2% of respondents voiced their uncertainty with the program, while the remaining 16.7% believed that it should be axed. The majority consensus appears to be that the internship program should continue to be tested, as long as modifications are made.

Presidential and Future Cabinet Polling

Rach: 13
Darcness: 7
Aex: 3
Festavo: 3
Sopo: 2
HEM: 2
Drexlore: 2
Calvin Coolidge: 2
Izzy: 1
Rand: 1
Deepest House: 1
Moronist Decisions: 1
Sackeshi: 1
Oakrugia: 1
Note: Forgot to add a comments section here too. I'll make up for it with the sequel poll.

13 respondents wanted to see President Rach run for another term, with Darcness following close behind with 7 votes. Cabinet members such as HEM, Drexlore, Calvin, Izzy, and Rand also recieved votes. Europeian veterans such as Aex, Festavo, DH, and MD also made the list, as well as newcomers like Sackeshi and Oakrugia.

Who would you like to see in the Cabinet next term and where would you like to see them?
FA
Izzy x 4
Rach x 2

It looks like the current Minister of FA still has the support of many Europeians to be nominated for another term. Several comments also approved of Rach possibly holding the position. As shown by both here and the individual polls, it is apparent that many Europeians want to see another term with him as Minister.

Interior
Grav x 4
LL x 2
Punchwood
Calvin

Several votes supported the re-nomination of Minister Le Libertie, however the majority of responses would rather see Grav hold the position of Interior Minister. People such as Punchwood and Calvin who have experience in Interior also make the list. It looks like many Europeians want a more stable term, as evidenced by the nominations of experienced Interiorers Calvin and Grav.

Culture
Drex

Only one response was received for Culture, in favor of re-nominating current Culture Minister Drexlore. The lack of responses may reflect the recent slowdown in Culture, or perhaps a growing apathy to regional cultural activities.

World Assembly
MD
Aex
Sanct x 2

Despite the negative comments in the individual Minister polling section, current Minister Sanctaria still won the majority of votes, indicating that some Europeians would still approve of him as World Assembly Minister. Long time WA- contributors MD and Aex also recieved one vote each. Many Europeians still support Sanctaria as WA, but there appears to be a small minority wanting a replacement.

Communications
Sopo
WL x 4
JD x 2
Aex

Current Minister WL won the majority of the votes in the Communication Ministry, however citizens such as Sopo, JD, and Aex also recieved votes. Clearly, most Europeians approve of WL’s term and would like to see another term.

Radio
Vlaska
Vac x 4
Carrot
Sopo
Leo
Cat

Vac won most of the votes in Radio, showing that many Europeians would like to see a radio term with a newer Minister. Some Europeians also voiced their approval for more experienced members in radio, such as Vlaska, Carrot, and Sopo. Europeians may be looking for a steadier or stronger future radio term, led by someone who has experience and knowledge in running the Ministry.
Attorney General
Drecq, Mal

Two responses were received for Attorney General, Drecq and Mal, who are known for the experience in the legal field. The low number of submissions and lack of newcomer nominations may be due to Europeia’s hesitation or uneasiness towards the law fields.

General Comments
Sopo - Anywhere
We need new people
Too broad a question
Idk
n/a
We have a ton of qualified people who should stay in Cabinet, and some who should be shuffled into it. Aex, MD, Sanct, Darc, Sopo, GraV, Drex, Calvin, WL too many to name
Pass
Big fan of Cat in Radio. Come to think of it, all of our ministers are performing satisfactory. If anyone has the energy and ambition, though, I wouldn't be opposed to new faces
It should remain the same!
HEM, Everywhere
Aex
Not sure
It'd be nice to see some fresh faces.

To whoever provided the comment for me "get off your high horse," please send me a message. I would love some criticism; I mean it, honestly.

Edit: or, for that matter, I'd like anyone who has criticism to send me a message.

Snowball said:
This promises to be a sort of slow election :p
Between Rach’s strong approval ratings and her hard campaigning, I doubt she has an opponent if she runs for re-election. It’s an almost guaranteed loss for almost anyone. You never know, though.

Well, that bastard "Abstain" might put together a strong campaign, you never know!

I agree with Aex's sentiments, though I think a bit much may have been read into the free response items.

I would guess someone will make a run, but I think it will be very interesting to see how the cabinet turns out

Doesn't look like HEM, Sopo and Calvin will have many names to put on their teams based off this. I think the Cabinet picks will be much more interesting and competitive.

Punchwood said:
Doesn't look like HEM, Sopo and Calvin will have many names to put on their teams based off this. I think the Cabinet picks will be much more interesting and competitive.
In Europeia polls suffer from extreme voluntary selection bias. That is to say, the results reflect who decided to vote in the poll — not necessarily who will vote on election day.

Just two months ago we had polling that strongly indicated that Darcness was essentially unbeatable. The election result? A moderate, if not overwhelming, victory for his opponent.

If anyone here is considering running for President but are spooked by these results, I encourage you to still consider it. Europeia has been the home of a lot of longshot campaigns, and whether Rach runs or not, our region deserves to hear your ideas.

HEM said:
Punchwood said:
In Europeia polls suffer from extreme voluntary selection bias. That is to say, the results reflect who decided to vote in the poll — not necessarily who will vote on election day.

Just two months ago we had polling that strongly indicated that Darcness was essentially unbeatable. The election result? A moderate, if not overwhelming, victory for his opponent.

If anyone here is considering running for President but are spooked by these results, I encourage you to still consider it. Europeia has been the home of a lot of longshot campaigns, and whether Rach runs or not, our region deserves to hear your ideas.
Yes I'd agree with that point, that our polls suffer from voluntary selection bias but I still don't think there will be much competition.

Ultimately Darcness was up against two veteran Europeians, with huge name recognition and experience, and Rach proved to be one hell of a campaign machine getting turnout to huge levels. It was very impressive of them, by winning the election with a respectable margin but it was by no means a David vs. Goliath battle.

If we look at this election, we have a very popular incumbent, who has shown to be a campaign machine in the previous election with no real challenger to face her. The only person I think who could mount a serious challenge is Darcness and I don't think he will run, because now isn't the right time for him to win.

Punchwood said:
HEM said:
Punchwood said:

Yes I'd agree with that point, that our polls suffer from voluntary selection bias but I still don't think there will be much competition.

Ultimately Darcness was up against two veteran Europeians, with huge name recognition and experience, and Rach proved to be one hell of a campaign machine getting turnout to huge levels. It was very impressive of them, by winning the election with a respectable margin but it was by no means a David vs. Goliath battle.

If we look at this election, we have a very popular incumbent, who has shown to be a campaign machine in the previous election with no real challenger to face her. The only person I think who could mount a serious challenge is Darcness and I don't think he will run, because now isn't the right time for him to win.
The point of my post was to encourage someone to prove you wrong :wink:

If we're talking odds, the obvious has already been made obvious about who is the favorite. But I'd like to hear some new voices and ideas this election, not see a coronation.

HEM said:
Punchwood said:
HEM said:
Punchwood said:

If we're talking odds, the obvious has already been made obvious about who is the favorite. But I'd like to hear some new voices and ideas this election, not see a coronation.
I agree. I hate seeing somebody run unopposed because that just isn't democracy. Europeia deserves a choice no matter what. Democracy isn't about coronations. Democracy is about the people choosing those who govern. It has to be a choice. There has to be at least 2 candidates for a good election because they need to challenge each other on ideas and records. They have to make each other work for it and put that effort in. It's unfortunate that we aren't likely to see a strong opponent for Rach because of the percieved (and likely) inability to beat her. It's what Europeia deserves and unfortunately the political cost of challenging such a popular incumbent is too much for many.

HEM said:
Punchwood said:
HEM said:
Punchwood said:

See I'm tore, I want someone to challenge Rach for democracy's sake and the fact it'll be more interesting but I don't want to be proved wrong, I like being right. :p

HEM said:

Yes, a very valid point indeed.

It never ceases to amaze me how short term the collective political memory can be.

4 days before the election, they had 3 times as many votes as the other side - they were 48% ahead... a 48% margin;

And on top of that virtually everyone thought they would win;

This wasn't like with Donald Trump irl, where the political pundits thought it wasn't possible, but clearly it was statistically still possible.

This was even statistically virtually impossible if you took the polling at face value!

This wasn't a small poll, this was a poll of 46 members of the electorate, one of the largest polls in Europeian polling history, and nearly double the amount of respondents this poll has. I mean that was 46% of the actual voters, that's like polling 60 million people in America.

But it doesn't matter how many people you poll - polls can still be inaccurate.

Why? Because of a combination of two things:

1) The polling wasn't representative of the actual 101 voters, and was biased (voluntary selection bias as HEM says a likely candidate)
2) A lot of people changed their minds between the poll and the vote.

In this case, it was likely a combination of both of those factors, and I saw plenty of anecdotal evidence of the 2nd factor.

So like HEM says, everything and anything can change. Don't bank your future on a poll.

Nick Powell said:
So, I hate seeing people run unopposed. So if need be, I will run just to challenge people and present some new ideas.
As long as you take it seriously and are up-front about your intentions, I don't think that's a bad idea.

That's actually encouraged in Europeia. Look at past platforms and make a good case and...goodness your running mate matters!

Rand said:
To whoever provided the comment for me "get off your high horse," please send me a message. I would love some criticism; I mean it, honestly.

Edit: or, for that matter, I'd like anyone who has criticism to send me a message.
Wait, I just saw this. Rand, are you honestly not sure *why* you received these criticisms...?

Back