Everybody Wants Influence

Common-Sense Politics

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Deputy Minister
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Unfortunately for you, you're new favorite punching bad has a paper of his own...hold on.

Let's start with IndolentDan and get the light lifting out of the way first. Dan has always hated and attempted to defy any semblance of order in the Navy. I won't go into his rather unimpressive career in other areas of Europeian life, only his naval "accomplishments". ID joined the Navy some four months ago. Since then, he hasn't been promoted once. He's earned two mission ribbons and has contributed next to nothing. Given this information, one must be a bit puzzled to see him with all the answers to the state of our Navy. Let's take a look at the Navy under Ensign IndolentDan...Under a revolving door admission system, the EuroNavy is overflowing with a mixture of do-nothings such as himself and defender spies. But who cares? It's just a game, right? Pass the joint, we're having a good time anyway. Dan, standing orders were issued a few days ago. One of them stated that if you had a problem with the decision of a superior, you had every right to privately and appropriately bring it to their attention. A poorly written, fantastical public news article doesn't fit that description. You are clearly in violation of that order. Congratulations on your dishonorable discharge.

Now onto Sopo, a guy I've always liked but lately seems to have an oddly shaped foreign object in his ass. Do you want to know why you were rejected, Sopo? I keep these things private so as not to embarass the applicants but clearly you want to know. You just joined Axiom, Equinox's defender guild. Should that not throw up a red flag for me as the commander of a raiding force? Am I not doing my job by rejecting applicants I find to be a security risk? You can't be a raider and a defender at the same time, Sopo. Sorry. What would happen if I decided to apply to join the FRA Rangers? Something tells me they wouldn't welcome me with open arms. You need to prove your worth as a raider and then I would be happy to reconsider, as I said I would. Secondly, all this criticism seems to be a new development from you. Is it a coinsidence that after a failed presidential run and joining a new political party, you are trying to score cheap political points by criticizing everyone and everything? I think not. A couple weeks ago you were quitting NationStates and this week we are supposed to trust that you are the Europeian saviour. We're not that stupid.

I know many of you will think this was harsh, uncalled for, or ruthless. I argue that these two individuals made it personal. I have served this region faithfully and consistently since late September when I arrived. I am being crucified for trying to make a difference by two people who can't come close to matching half of my accomplishments in Europeia. My style can be a disagreeable one at times. When I feel attacked I come back full force. I felt attacked by the recent ridiculous "news" media publications so I am fighting back. If that's wrong, I'll be wrong.

In other news, leave me the fuck alone.

Okay, seriously CSP, you need to calm down. IndolentDan's production was just a spoof; everyone else that reads it knows it's just rubbish that some of us find amusing. Bear it no genuine heed. As for Sopo's paper, I thought it was a little obviously personal, but that's no reason to create your own paper just to "fight back" when there's really no need to fight back at all - you're the Grand Admiral, and the people of Europeia trust you to do well with our Navy. Don't let a couple of newspapers (one not even proper) kill your enthusiasm in week...two?

Seriously. *Anumia gives cookie

CSP, this thread is the whole reason I wrote the newspaper in the first place. I wanted somebody to react this way, I actually expected that you would try and sue me; which would have been included in issue two. A dishonorable discharge though, niccccccce.

You are right too, I sure didn't take the navy seriously, probably because it's the internet; but who knows. :lol:

Just as a side note; I don't despise you or hate you at all, I just needed someone to rip on, and my story on Rougiers wasn't lengthy enough so I stole from Sopo's paper. That's how terrible it is! xD

I'm all for good fun but the Navy is not about messing around and not taking things seriously.

It is a funny issue. My opinion of CSP hasn't changed. (i.e. I don't know that much about you so I haven't had time to form a judgement)

Now onto Sopo, a guy I've always liked but lately seems to have an oddly shaped foreign object in his ass. Do you want to know why you were rejected, Sopo? I keep these things private so as not to embarass the applicants but clearly you want to know. You just joined Axiom, Equinox's defender guild. Should that not throw up a red flag for me as the commander of a raiding force? Am I not doing my job by rejecting applicants I find to be a security risk? You can't be a raider and a defender at the same time, Sopo. Sorry. What would happen if I decided to apply to join the FRA Rangers? Something tells me they wouldn't welcome me with open arms. You need to prove your worth as a raider and then I would be happy to reconsider, as I said I would. Secondly, all this criticism seems to be a new development from you. Is it a coinsidence that after a failed presidential run and joining a new political party, you are trying to score cheap political points by criticizing everyone and everything? I think not. A couple weeks ago you were quitting NationStates and this week we are supposed to trust that you are the Europeian saviour. We're not that stupid.
You couldn't have just told me that when I sent you a PM? :blink:

But to address that, I joined Axiom for purely political reasons. I wanted to fight the taxes being brought on by Island, Director of Finance. Since my previous Guild has been wishy-washy in recent weeks over political issues, I headed over to Axiom where I knew I could get something done. You can talk to Hadisthe. In fact, here's some of my pre-joining conversation with him:

4/29/2010  4:23:15 PM  Hadi: what's up, pouty
4/29/2010  4:23:16 PM  -+ Sopo +-: >_>
4/29/2010  4:23:32 PM  -+ Sopo +-: I want to join Axiom and help fight the man (man = taxes)
4/29/2010  4:23:59 PM  -+ Sopo +-: and I have an idea o_o
4/29/2010  4:24:20 PM  Hadi  -+ Sopo +-:  hmm, if you really want to join, we're also boycotting the senate :p
4/29/2010  4:24:26 PM  -+ Sopo +-: ooooh
4/29/2010  4:24:55 PM  Hadi: yes, we're not appointing a senator

4/29/2010  4:27:49 PM  -+ Sopo +-: I want to be a grumpy bitch like you guys in Axiom
4/29/2010  4:27:56 PM  Hadi:  aw
4/29/2010  4:28:01 PM  -+ Sopo +-: but I'm not going to 'fenda :p
4/29/2010  4:28:02 PM  Hadi:  that's the nicest thing i've ver heard
4/29/2010  4:28:08 PM  Hadi:  whatev
4/29/2010  4:28:17 PM  -+ Sopo +-: but I don't really raid anymore either, so, woopeedoo
4/29/2010  4:28:19 PM  Hadi:  long as you don't be a whore about it
4/29/2010  4:35:48 PM  -+ Sopo +-:  applied'd

I'm pretty sure I also mentioned some of this stuff to Falc, if you want to talk to him about it. Unless he's still not trustworthy.

*Hyanygo wonders what all this goading is going to lead up to.

And yes, I am experimenting with Anumia's thing. I don't know whether it works or not ...

I may have overreacted and I apologize for that. However I meant and still mean every word I said. Dan, if your perogative is to run around poking fun and contributing nothing...all the more power to you but leave me out of it.

Dan, if your perogative is to run around poking fun and contributing nothing.

Well thanks, I mean of course I haven't been the Senate clerk for three terms now and I haven't been updating and reformatting the law index for everybody to use easily, Oh.. and I definitely have been trying to miss the raids purposely but still want to attend the MSN conversations, because I'm a stoner I like to do those things.

Dan, if your perogative is to run around poking fun and contributing nothing.

Well thanks, I mean of course I haven't been the Senate clerk for three terms now and I haven't been updating and reformatting the law index for everybody to use easily, Oh.. and I definitely have been trying to miss the raids purposely but still want to attend the MSN conversations, because I'm a stoner I like to do those things.
Posting laws that other people wrote in their special little places on the book shelf doesn't necessarily qualify as landmark contribution.

CSP said:
Posting laws that other people wrote in their special little places on the book shelf doesn't necessarily qualify as landmark contribution.

Well excuse me, but not all of us are looking for groundbreaking landmarks to prove our contribution. I just want to help out, and it's quite obvious that you seem to look down on the smaller duties of the region. Hey, when you tried -and failed- at being a president I was still good at posting the public polls and running the RP's; and when you fail as our grand admiral, I'll still be senate clerk.

CSP, this thread is the whole reason I wrote the newspaper in the first place. I wanted somebody to react this way, I actually expected that you would try and sue me; which would have been included in issue two. A dishonorable discharge though, niccccccce.

You are right too, I sure didn't take the navy seriously, probably because it's the internet; but who knows. :lol:

Just as a side note; I don't despise you or hate you at all, I just needed someone to rip on, and my story on Rougiers wasn't lengthy enough so I stole from Sopo's paper. That's how terrible it is! xD
Kinda reminds me of somefink a few months ago.... gentleman.gif

CSP said:

Well excuse me, but not all of us are looking for groundbreaking landmarks to prove our contribution. I just want to help out, and it's quite obvious that you seem to look down on the smaller duties of the region. Hey, when you tried -and failed- at being a president I was still good at posting the public polls and running the RP's; and when you fail as our grand admiral, I'll still be senate clerk.
When did I fail in the office of president? I believe you have a skewed memory. I was thrust into the position and held down the fort until elections could be held. I have yet to hear such an account from anyone but you...

When did I fail in the office of president? I believe you have a skewed memory.

Yes, I must have. I'm sure everybody thinks your term was terrific. ;)

I was thrust into the position and held down the fort until elections could be held. I have yet to hear such an account from anyone but you...

The way you keep comparing yourself to me is brilliant, I don't care about being serious or having to prove myself. You obviously do, and that's great; keep trying. Just don't start belittling everybody and developing a god-complex. You're not special, you're just like everybody else.

I see you in the navy, acting like it's the real deal; when it isn't. You know how to have successful raids? Have more recruits, you know how you get recruits? You be friendly and fun. Something you seem to lack, regarding your tendency to dishonorably discharge and force resignations.

I only joined the navy to help you out in the first place, what irony.

Back