EUROPOLL - General Election

I think the debate on Foreign Affairs will be very important. FA is something plaguing Elias (and in some cases redeeming him) because it's a radical departure from the norm of Europeian politics (he's got to be concerned with pitching his ideas better), but the FA debate will also be a referendum on CSP's work as Admiral, meanwhile I think Team McEntire's FA position is a bit convoluted, I'm not sure I understand exactly where he is going with it.

Elections. :popkorn:

There hasn't been an election with three candidates above 20%. At least not in the last several years.

Yes, it will be. Domestic policies won't be close behind though.

Seven Deaths said:
Lethen said:
Yes, it will be. Domestic policies won't be close behind though.
Do you mean far? Won't be "far behind."
I meant far.

McEntire said:
In my interpretation, CSP has some voters on his sheer name power and reputation alone. I think when the three candidates debate, some of those voters who pick him by default may very well go to both Elias and I just because they like what we say. Which should leave the vote even more fragmented. Yay!
Or, you know, the opposite of that. There are also voters who've picked an opposing ticked by default because they think I'm a big meanie. I really don't appreciate the repeated assertion that my support is coming from my name.

Common-Sense Politics said:
McEntire said:
In my interpretation, CSP has some voters on his sheer name power and reputation alone. I think when the three candidates debate, some of those voters who pick him by default may very well go to both Elias and I just because they like what we say. Which should leave the vote even more fragmented. Yay!
Or, you know, the opposite of that. There are also voters who've picked an opposing ticked by default because they think I'm a big meanie. I really don't appreciate the repeated assertion that my support is coming from my name.
But you have to admit that after being so publicly elevated with Presidential ovations, and medals in the recent past that it has given you a big boost, no?

Remsol Greyjoy said:
McEntire said:
But you have to admit that after being so publicly elevated with Presidential ovations, and medals in the recent past that it has given you a big boost, no?
I didn't just pull those out of my ass. It's a false argument.

Remsol Greyjoy said:
McEntire said:
I am saying that you being so publicly visible as GA, and getting lots of (well-deserved) praise for your work from the President has definitely been a contributor to your lead in this poll. I think this could be pretty much un-disputed.

Remsol Greyjoy said:
McEntire said:
I didn't mean to just refer to your name, what I mean is the name you've made for yourself. I guess a better way to say it would be that since there is no undecided option in this poll, people who took it and may have been undecided could've been more likely to vote for someone that's a known quantity as President than support someone new to the Presidential game.

Back