EUROPOLL - General Election

McEntire said:
Common-Sense Politics said:
Remsol Greyjoy said:
McEntire said:
In my interpretation, CSP has some voters on his sheer name power and reputation alone. I think when the three candidates debate, some of those voters who pick him by default may very well go to both Elias and I just because they like what we say. Which should leave the vote even more fragmented. Yay!
Or, you know, the opposite of that. There are also voters who've picked an opposing ticked by default because they think I'm a big meanie. I really don't appreciate the repeated assertion that my support is coming from my name.
But you have to admit that after being so publicly elevated with Presidential ovations, and medals in the recent past that it has given you a big boost, no?
I didn't just pull those out of my ass. It's a false argument.
I didn't mean to just refer to your name, what I mean is the name you've made for yourself. I guess a better way to say it would be that since there is no undecided option in this poll, people who took it and may have been undecided could've been more likely to vote for someone that's a known quantity as President than support someone new to the Presidential game.
I'd still argue that that decision isn't to be invalidated.

McEntire said:
Remsol Greyjoy said:
McEntire said:
In my interpretation, CSP has some voters on his sheer name power and reputation alone. I think when the three candidates debate, some of those voters who pick him by default may very well go to both Elias and I just because they like what we say. Which should leave the vote even more fragmented. Yay!
Or, you know, the opposite of that. There are also voters who've picked an opposing ticked by default because they think I'm a big meanie. I really don't appreciate the repeated assertion that my support is coming from my name.
But you have to admit that after being so publicly elevated with Presidential ovations, and medals in the recent past that it has given you a big boost, no?
I didn't just pull those out of my ass. It's a false argument.
I didn't mean to just refer to your name, what I mean is the name you've made for yourself. I guess a better way to say it would be that since there is no undecided option in this poll, people who took it and may have been undecided could've been more likely to vote for someone that's a known quantity as President than support someone new to the Presidential game.
I'd still argue that that decision isn't to be invalidated.
I'd agree with that. But you must look at all the factors in play here. Saying that people didn't vote for you just because of name recognition could be just as false as saying people voted for you because they know your name.

unibot said:
Hmm, I wonder if the the McEntire/Alex vote has split from the old Elias/PASD faction's popularity. Interesting elections!
Its possible, but unlikely. McEntire and Elias are on opposite ends of CSP regarding FA - not nessesarily that far from CSP, but they are on different ends. But McEntire may have picked up people who were voting for Elias based on opposition to CSP (or at least, opposing him getting another term as Pres after his number, or maybe opposing yet aother quote unquote "old Guard" president), plus people who may just like McEntire more. But certainly no one moved Elias to McEntire based on FA.

I can't imagine that they would have. anyway.

The distance between Elias and CSP on DA is not as great when compared to McEntire's Domestic ideas, I'd say (there is distance, but they're closer than McEntire)

If McEntire wins, it could be seen as a bit of a repudiation of the previous presidency, since Elias and CSP were both part of Swak's cabinet. What I find interesting is that this is a race, the second in a row, that sees someone who wasn't part of the previous president's team run for office - hopefully, that trend can continue.

Idk if it's just me, but these manifestos seem to have less details and depth than ones created in years past. Even by people who ran then.

Rachel Anumia said:
Idk if it's just me, but these manifestos seem to have less details and depth than ones created in years past. Even by people who ran then.
They are lighter this time around, yes. Not as many concrete plans, specialized programs, etc.

Because we don't have to build the skeleton, or even put that much extra flesh. A lot of niches have been filled already.

Lethen said:
Rachel Anumia said:
They are lighter this time around, yes. Not as many concrete plans, specialized programs, etc.
This election, I think, is highlighting for the first time in a very long time some ideological differences so the emphasis has been been more manifesto than policy brochure. Real life platforms also follow this pattern.

Back