Europeia Speaks! #1

Often we use surveys to look at satisfaction with a person or group, or to portend future election results. Instead, let's see what the Europeian public thinks about a major issue of the day!

NES recently said very wisely that our central value isn't raiderism or defenderism, but democracy. That got us here at the EBC thinking, what do people really think of our military? So we put a short survey together, but please take your time in answering. It's important that we get an accurate snapshot of what Europeia wants.

Click here to take the survey!

Done, though I have to say I'm confused as to what Nazi regions have to do with that "military alignment" survey, as there are probably both defender and raider Nazi regions (I have no idea, but probability says it's certainly possible).

Done, though I have to say I'm confused as to what Nazi regions have to do with that "military alignment" survey, as there are probably both defender and raider Nazi regions (I have no idea, but probability says it's certainly possible).

I also included GCRs which have not a terrible amount of relevance to the current debate. I guess it was just that I wanted to see what people thought. I'm really not out to get anyone, I swear.

Raider regions is very broad. I would not include regions like TNI and TBH in the same group, as my response is very different to both.

Raider regions is very broad. I would not include regions like TNI and TBH in the same group, as my response is very different to both.
I know the survey is overly broad, that's why I tried to include as many places as possible where people could write their own thoughts.

I hate to double post, but I just had to say that watching the results come in is fascinating. This survey is a very interesting one...

Get your voice heard!

I agree with Rachel that 'raider regions' is very broad and my interpretation of that would be regions that exist as raider 'organisations' and are loosely political instead of regions such as TNI, LKE etc

I agree with Rachel that 'raider regions' is very broad and my interpretation of that would be regions that exist as raider 'organisations' and are loosely political instead of regions such as TNI, LKE etc
Similarly, whilst two of the largest defender organisations are extra-regional, the other is purely regional based, making it distinct in that category (along with others which are slowly building up, such as Mordor or Spiritus).

And there are people in Mordor who want it to join the FRA. *gag*
Eh, joining the FRA currently would be fairly silly atm. In terms of political relevance, it's been dead and irrelevant for quite some time. Although it has been fairly effective on the battlefield to a degree. So it would be better for individual members to participate rather than join an alliance in which your own stock in the world is diminished.

Eh, joining the FRA currently would be fairly silly atm. In terms of political relevance, it's been dead and irrelevant for quite some time. Although it has been fairly effective on the battlefield to a degree. So it would be better for individual members to participate rather than join an alliance in which your own stock in the world is diminished.
:rolleyes: I'm going to make a needless FRA-bashing tally for Rachel from now on.

:rolleyes: I'm going to make a needless FRA-bashing tally for Rachel from now on.

How is that bashing? It is politically irrelevant but fairly effective on the field, particularly during the minor updates. I think that's fair.

Where's my tally?

FRA? I heard it stands for Fred's Randy Auntie because the group looks just like her. An utter mess :troll:

How is that bashing? It is politically irrelevant but fairly effective on the field, particularly during the minor updates. I think that's fair.
The FRA is a defending organisation and as such defending is the priority. To say we are politically irrelevant is ridiculous, especially considering when the FRA at its peak pales in comparison to the blatantly more politically UDL. The post annoyed me because it was construed in such a way so as to suggest we have NOTHING to offer regions. Of course there is lots we offer and continue to provide; development assistance (recruitment, admin, intel, military etc), a centralised and organised force to maximise effectiveness and a platform from which to introduce your region to the game-play community and Nationstates itself.

The FRA is a defending organisation and as such defending is the priority. To say we are politically irrelevant is ridiculous, especially considering when the FRA at its peak pales in comparison to the blatantly more politically UDL. The post annoyed me because it was construed in such a way so as to suggest we have NOTHING to offer regions. Of course there is lots we offer and continue to provide; development assistance (recruitment, admin, intel, military etc), a centralised and organised force to maximise effectiveness and a platform from which to introduce your region to the game-play community and Nationstates itself.
Oh that's not what I meant at all, I simply meant as a political force worldwide. So what sort of impact does and can it have on large regions foreign policy (ie: does it play a role?) and it wouldn't even come up in conversation, at least in a GCR (Balder, TNP for example).

AND, let's be fair, the UDL wouldn't even give you guys the military relevant portion :p

I'm anxious to see the results-hopefully you get a good number of replies.

*admits that this is in some part a bump*

I know there are some flaws in the survey, but I did try to make it as basic as possible to avoid a lot of the nuance that could cause messy results.

Actually, we have 21 responses in less than 15 hours, which is tied with the first Mid-term survey we ever did for most number of replies. I'll leave it up at least until the 24 hour mark, but I'll tell you right now that the replies are interesting. In some ways exactly what I'd expect, and in some ways not at all.

The issue with joining the FRA, I would say, is that compared to the FRA itself, I never actually hear about the individual member regions, largely speaking. No one, on the world stage, or in military gameplay, talks about Gay, or San Fransisco Bay Area, or Liberty Alliance - and those are the only three FRA member regions I can even name.

That's why Mordor shouldn't join the FRA. :p

Back