Europeia In The FRAvision

[centre]
Fun Foreign Affairs
From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.
Keeping Europeians and the world informed since 2009.

Europeia's Progress & Who To Watch[/centre]

Scott Mills will be doing the commentry for Europeia this year

Hi there! I'm Scott Mills, world famous Radio 1 DJ and all round FRAvision fan! I love FRAvision so will be giving you guys in Europeia the low-down during the event. What's FRAvision? Well..... a singing contest! Anyway, the EBC will be covering the event for Europeians, letting them know the progress of their entry and the ones to watch this year.

So, without further ado let's meet this years band for Europeia:

JGlenn, Lethen, Sopo, Vinage, Skizzy & CSP sing for Europeia in the hastily made LT Europeia

A hastily put together rag-tag team of misfits and odd-sods will be entering for Europeia this year. They call themselves LT United and this is their song...

LT Europeia - We Are The Winners (of FRAvision)

An interesting mix of both arrogance, comedy and god awful singing. That said could it be a winner? Is it a dark horse? I mean the fact that those guys have got up there and have given it their all. Hmm.... maybe twelve points from the UDL? Well... I guess we can all hope.

Or will Europeia come away with 0 points all together and be this years 2003 United Kingdom?

Well here's in hoping!

Article By Scott Mills - Well Vinage..... but pretending to be Scott. Posted on the NS Forums

[centre]FRAvision Update[/centre]

Scott Mills loving his time at FRAvision

Right, so we've met the representatives from Europeia but what about our fellow contestants? Well here's a quick run down of the three to watch this year...

Griffin Somerset - Lazarus

The lovely Griffin taking a break from Delegate duties

Griffin Somerset, Lazarus, singing Desperate People

An absolute classic classic! A fantastic singing voice and really someone who should be doing well in this contest. I'd put this up there as a favourite to win! The pitch in the voice.... the lyrics. The only thing that goes against it is the lack of a video like some others but it isn't a requirement of the contest. Expect big things from Griffin and Lazarus.

Odds: 2/1 (Favourite)

Unibot

Unibot.... more to him than being a cow's rear end

Unibot singing I'm Only Sleeping

Not only singing but playing his guitar? Oh swoon! Swoon-swoon-swoon! I mean, really, should I like this one? It's a good song, the Beatles are fantastic, and he gives the song justice. Fair play to the lad and he does it as a solo performer - no region behind him. A possible winner? Well.... depends on how some of the judges take to the man behind the song.

Odds: 6/1

Oliver - Osiris

Oliver pulling the trademark gloomy-and-doom look

Oliver, Osiris, singing....

Okay I'm not going to lie. I don't know the song itself so Oliver, if your reading this, let us know! What are you singing?? But anyway, it's a good song! Very good singer and listen to that guitar. But Oliver, Y U NO SMILE?!? Come on... show us some teeth! But anyway, a good song, good entry and someone who might just pip the others to the post.

Odds: 4/1

Now those are some good bands but what about the ones to avoid. Well I give you...

Wopruthien

Who let the dogs out??

Wopruthien, "singing" The Wop Dance

Look at those booty shake. Oh wait! Umm..... yeah what is this? A shake yah tat-tas contest or a singing contest? Come on you can do better than this! Love you bye!

Odds: 80/1

Europeia's Chances

Check out Lethen on that violin!!

Now then. How do I think Europeia will do? Well it is definetly up there as a dark horse. Some good, positive feedback from others who've seen the funny side of things. The sheer lol-factor could work in its favour! So will Europeia be coming home with the 12 points? Well..... could be our year?

Odds: 6/1

Article By Scott Mills - Well Vinage..... but pretending to be Scott.

I'd rate Gryff and Ollie as co-favorites, with us as a dark horse.

Gryff and Ollie demonstrate obvious talent. Gryff's vocal is, by far, the better of the two, but it's audio-only -- Ollie gets big props for singing on-camera.

Our submission is funny, but I think we lose points for borrowing so heavily from an existing video instead of submitting an original work. (That's not a knock on Vinage, who did a great job on short notice -- it's just that we didn't put ourselves out there like Gryff and Ollie did.)

We didn't borrow from others' work as much as Wop and Unibot. Uni's video sounds like someone singing in the shower while a Beatles CD was playing in the background -- which might be funny if there was at least video, but there isn't. And that's better than Wop did, unless you think he actually produced that video that has been viewed more than 2 million times since it was first posted on YouTube more than a year ago.

So if I'm setting odds, I've got Ollie at even money, Gryff slightly behind at 5-4, Europeia at 10-1, and Unibot and Wop at 100-1.

I'd like to note that there are 21 total entries- I just gave Vinage a small sample of the kinds of things posted. There's some remarkable talent there. I didn't watch all of them, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were more equally as good or better than what we see here.

Fun fact: I actually used to play the violin.

So did I, for eleven years.

Of course, the last time I picked up a violin, you were just an itch in your dad's pants.
I did for only two years...in the 3rd and 4th grade. You haven't played the violin within the last 23 years?

Of course, the last time I picked up a violin, you were just an itch in your dad's pants.
I did for only two years...in the 3rd and 4th grade. You haven't played the violin within the last 23 years?
Pretty close -- stopped taking lessons in 1990, probably last picked it up in 1991. Kind of sad, actually.

Pretty close -- stopped taking lessons in 1990, probably last picked it up in 1991. Kind of sad, actually.
I was born in 1989. :p

You have played the violin since I was born. Lethen 1 Skizzy 0 :ph43r:

[centre]FRAvision Update[/centre]

Hey there! Scott here again giving you a quick low down on how Europeia is doing, how day one of the voting has gone and a profile on one of the other contestants. So let's get this profile sorted!

Abbey Anumia

Cats can play keyboards?

Abbey playing the keyboards to Take On Me

Oh what a tune! Serious tuneage! I mean I proper heart this song and Abbey's playing of it is near faultless. Bit of a shame there isn't a video to go along with it but hey.... she's gone and shown off her skills without anyone else helping her with it. Fair play to the lass! Probably not a winner as there isn't any singing but someone who could do well if she gets some momentum behind her.

Odds: 12/1

Voting So Far

Also, here are current point standings (URLs go to their respective FRAvision pages):

1. Wopruthien - (12) douze point.
1. Lazarus - (12) douze point.
1. Larsland - (12) douze point.
4. Modbusters - (10) dix point.
4. Finn Lee - (10) dix point.
6. Luna Dancing - (8) huit point.
6. Osiris - (8) huit point.
8. Scoochi2 - (4) quatre point.
8. Greggington - (4) quatre point.
10. Little Red Riding Hood - (2) deux point.
10. Chin-Chillas - (2) deux point.

11. Kogvuron - (0) nil point.
11. Eðeltreow - (0) nil point.
11. Marsaries - (0) nil point.
11. Kaleidoscopic Cat - (0) nil point.
11. Abbey Anumia - (0) nil point.
11. Unibot - (0) nil point.
11. Europeia - (0) nil point.
11. James from Rochdale - (0) nil point.

We are waiting for Graham, Chin-Chillas, Norton to tally up the rest of the votes but so far it's looking like there is some support behind early favourite Griffin and Lazarus.

We'll keep you posted later today!

Article By Scott Mills - Well Vinage..... but pretending to be Scott.

[centre]FRAvision Conclusion[/centre]

Hello again! Well here we go... final report from the FRAvision and Europeia has been doing alright. Initially a dark horse it has managed only some modest totals. Unsurprising since much was borrowed music but, hey, they tried hard! Anyway let's get those final scores....

--------
4th. Unibot - (46) quarante-six point.
5th. Luna Dancing - (40) quarante point.
6th. Wopruthien - (38) trente-huit point.
7th. Abbey Anumia - (28) vingt-huit point.
8th. Finn Lee - (20) vingt point.
8th. Chin-Chillas - (20) vingt point.
10th. Eðeltreow - (16) seize point.
11th. Kaleidoscope Cat - (14) quatorze point.
12th. Larsland - (12) douze point.
12th. Little Red Riding Hood - (12) douze point.
14th. Europeia - (10) dix point.
15th. Scoochi2 - (8) huit point.
16th. Greggington - (6) six point.
17th. Kogvuron - (4) quatre point.
17th. Marsaries - (4) quatre point.
19th. Jamie - (0) nil point.
----
3rd. Modbusters with (56) cinquante-six points.

An entry which was heavily pro-FRA since it aimed to be the FRA regional anthem. So, unsurprisingly, it has done well. Fair play though to someone who has come into the competition without the backing of others and worked on their own with it. Congrats!
----
2nd. Osiris with (64) soixante-quatre point.

Hotly tipped by this broadcaster as being one that'll be up there come the end of the competition. Good strong song as well and the typical Oliver singing style. Nice to see that someone who had really put in the time to play and sing to something has done so well.
----
1st. Lazarus with (90) quatre-vingt-dix points.

Now this really is not a surprise as it was tipped by this broadcaster to be the winners of the competition. The singing voice was beautiful and the lack of a music video did not hold this come back from winning quite convincingly. Well done to Lazarus and, especially, to Griffin Somerset!
----
Anyway, that is if from us as the EBC on covering the FRAvision Song Contest. Well done to the winners and we look forward to next year!

Back