Europeia In 2012

Europeia in 2012

For the world outside of NationStates, it has been an unpredictable to say the very least. For us here in Europeia it has been a tough one of mid-year struggles, arguments and key players checking out their books for the last time. It was a year where the same arguments towards developing political figures occurred and a strong term by Rachel who bludgeoned through the competition. With the final few months seeing an undercurrent of discontent on Foreign Affairs, will it be this that will define 2012 for Europeia? Who will be the key players for 2012? Will we see another Pope Lexus X or Anumia Presidency?

Everyone has been discussing what the future holds for JGlenn and smart money would be on seeing him run for Presidency at least once during the next year. For the next election? Unlikely - perhaps as the Vice-President to a Crist Seymour running. Another name to watch will be Skizzy Grey. Never far away from the corridors of power and with recent comments that legislation isn't something that interests them - I know one Office that will. Lastly there is Rachel. If she wasn't recently appointed to Associate Justice then I would say we would see her again in the first half of 2012 yet she has been so.... maybe a late-late President in 2012 but I'd rule that one out as unlikely. What about the Senate? Well we will see the next Senate split into two groups - new members and older members and from here it will continue throughout 2012. I predict a hard year for the Senate while a strong year for the Executive branches of the Government. A dark horse would be North East Somerset, although often quiet you - know - he's got a long-term game in his pocket.

What is there to look forward to for 2012? Weill for one there will be some young, fresh, blood promoted through the ranks of the Navy which will see it become something powerful. Foreign Affairs as well, although recently a bit battered, will easily recover in the new year. Finally Citizen Integration, through its fantastic management by Swakistek, will see a huge increase in achievements. Finally I predict another tough year for the University while a positive one for the EBC.

With that we should say good bye to 2011 and hello to 2012. May the upward trend continue forever more.

I think one thing we have to look at in the next year is how to grow media. We had -- and still have -- some decent potential, but its been floundering.

The activity of members is also a concern. We still have lots of members, but not so much posting. I think this ties in neatly with the media deficit -- as it is harder for members to comment on things within the region.

I think one thing we have to look at in the next year is how to grow media. We had -- and still have -- some decent potential, but its been floundering.

The activity of members is also a concern. We still have lots of members, but not so much posting. I think this ties in neatly with the media deficit -- as it is harder for members to comment on things within the region.
I think, in a way, activity is a self-creating cycle. If I see there's a lot to comment on or do on the forum, I'm going to be more obliged to check in more often and offer my opinion. If I see a dead forum, I'm not going to want to stick around. That's why it's hard to get out of.

Media's almost the same way. In the days of, say, Aftermath News, other outlets were springing up to combat Aftermath or just to ride the wave of media interest. If there's no media, it's harder to be the first one to blaze the trail.

I think, in a way, activity is a self-creating cycle. If I see there's a lot to comment on or do on the forum, I'm going to be more obliged to check in more often and offer my opinion. If I see a dead forum, I'm not going to want to stick around. That's why it's hard to get out of.

Media's almost the same way. In the days of, say, Aftermath News, other outlets were springing up to combat Aftermath or just to ride the wave of media interest. If there's no media, it's harder to be the first one to blaze the trail.
This is true, and how media is part of the solution. Government can be doing great behind the scenes, but we need to bring the community apart of every process -- Lexus was very good at doing this via public polls etc.

I don't think we'd see another Anumian or Lexus Presidency. Both would have to spend a lot of time beforehand, to build up the capital necessary to win a presidential election (no easy feat). However, their legacy lives on and ages like a good wine.

The future is unwritten. I think we'll see a newcomer be President sometime, particularly at the latter half. People like Apollo, JGlenn, Vinage and Malashaan have a ton of potential. How we balance getting those guys involved while also engaging those older members is huge.

But like, look at all the surprises last year! Especially after Earth's terms which had been pre-planned. Skizzy came out of nowhere to become President, which allowed me to rumble. Then... ummm, my poor term allowed for Sopo to win, someone we never thought who'd win. Sopo or Klat were supposed to win next, but then I decided last minute to run after all sorts of drama. CSP returns to the region, following a long hiatus to win the Presidency once more. Anything is possible and you gotta be brave, you gotta be fierce because you never know what can happen. Roll the die.

Three Eyes: Anumia Uses Pregnancy To Keep Political Enemies Out of the Race

Good article, Vinage.

It's interesting to think how this article might have read a year ago. Back then, Ollie, CSP and Anumia were the region's alpha dogs; two of the three left the region in 2012 -- and the one who didn't (CSP) was the one who seemed most likely to go (due to burnout). Rachel was perhaps the region's most unpopular citizen a year ago; she has been elected President twice since then. The judiciary then was seen as a political launching ground; today, it looks more like a political retirement community.

Because the game changes so quickly, predictions are usually nothing more than guesswork -- but they're fun to make, and interesting to read. I will make one quixotic prediction -- given its increasing technological obsolescence and the trend toward publicly posting transcripts of private chats for political gain, I think MSN will play a much smaller role in the game a year from now.

I'll agree on the MSN matter. Finally resolving the EAAC matter helped with that, I feel.

I'd disagree that I was alpha this time a year ago, though. Except of course, in being that and the omega :ph43r: :p

I think 2012 is going to be a banner year for Europeia. I think this year we've gotten to a more stable place and in 2012 we can build on a good foundation.

Back