Europeia and TNP Celebrate 10 Years of Friendship

`

10 More Years!!

Europeia and TNP Celebrate 10 Years of Friendship

Written by Spagtop

On August 19th, 2013, leaders of The North Pacific and Europeia signed the Treaty of Friendship Between The North Pacific and Europeia, solidifying an allyship between the two regions. This treaty stood the test of time, ten years in fact.

For more information on the treaty and the events that took place following the signing, we interviewed longtime resident Pichtonia, edited for coherency

SPAG: First question: What did you initially think of the treaty when it was first signed/introduced?

PICHTONIA: While I wasn't around when our treaty was first introduced, I feel like it became clear to me very soon after I joined just how significant these relations are. For one, that's because The North Pacific is a very big and influential region. That much is evident.

But then at a maybe deeper level, even when I didn't know much about The North Pacific, an impression I had in my mind of them was "kindred spirits" of sorts. The rich history of double-citizens between our regions is surely no coincidence, in fact I'd say it's probably rooted in a similar set of values that we hold dear as a community. And that's a very solid foundation for relations.

SPAG: Alright, Thank you for the answer!

Next question: In your eyes, how did Europeia and The North Pacific’s relationship develop over the years?

Very well, would be my short answer! To elaborate a bit, while this treaty stands at the center of our relations, we can see that we often find ourselves cooperating in other avenues as well. One only has to look through our Treaty index to see so many examples of it, from the Modern Gameplay Compact to the World Assembly Legislative League, or staying in terms of World Assembly matters also Heroes of Valhalla today. Even the Inter-Regional Chat, while it is not at the forefront of our efforts nowadays, I would say is a very positive example of our relationship, simply because it was daring, and it's a sign of our trust in each other that we dare together.

Now, if you've maintained relations at such a level for such a long time, inevitably there will also be ebbs and flows. What I find inspiring, however, is that there seems to be a deep understanding that this alliance, our relations, are more vital than any temporary difficulties. An example that comes to mind for me is that there were times when The North Pacific oriented itself a little more towards defenders than we did, but rather than letting it be an obstacle, we understood it as an opportunity to maybe also foster relations with defenders, and to hone our military skills in that regard when we wouldn't have that chance much otherwise. I think our relationship with The North Pacific is a very special relationship, and maybe that is again because of how it is rooted.

Today, on Friday September 22nd, the two regions are having a cross-regional celebration of the shared history between both communities, on a separate discord, which can be found here (https://discord.gg/yDGwC28q). The festival, organised by both regions’ Ministries of Culture will feature community activities similar to the previously hosted cultural activities, such as the inclusion of Gartic Phone, spam games such as “Last person to post”, .Io games and such, and will end on Monday September 27th.`

Back