[euro538ia] August 2023 Presidential Liveblog

1674191052117.png

EURO538IA August 2023 Presidential Liveblog
A three-way race to the top: who will seize victory?

EBC Television Live -- 09:00 PDT, 2023-08-18
Hello Europeians, welcome to EBC's live coverage of the presidential election! I'm the EBC's Special Correspondent Forilian, and I will be hosting this election liveblog. Polling for this race has been a bit of a roller-coaster -- the Kazaman/Comfed ticket saw their lead vanish after the debate, with JayDee/Pichtonia leading the pack as of the recent Panda's Pen poll after a strong showing in the debate, and an endorsement from the Gem/Sanjurika ticket, who dropped out of the race on Wednesday. We now go to EBC's Special Correspondent Forilian, who has been standing right in front of the Oval Room Voting Booth for the last 10 hours waiting for polls to open.

Oval Room Voting Booth -- 09:05 PDT, 2023-08-18
Thank you. While polls haven't opened yet, I did manage to catch the candidates and get a statement out of each of them. (The statements are in order of when I received them from the candidates):

Kazaman/Comfed:
It looks like a close race, based on our GOTV numbers. In a campaign like this, it's anyone's game. We've had great conversations with our supporters, undecided voters, and non-supporters alike, and we're looking forward to seeing what the people decide.

McEntire/UPC:
While the polls look somewhat dire, we got into this race on the strength of our ideas and our proven record of leadership. We're going to keep up the pressure til the end, and we hope to surprise people! On a personal note, I would say that I have been waiting a long time for my chance to lead this region, and I feel confident in the plan that upc and I put forward. I feel that I do a better job of balancing foreign and domestic platform strength than the other two candidates, and I hope that will be recognized! Either way, we shall see soon.

JayDee/Pichtonia:
Pichto and I are really happy to see the positive responses to our experience and enthusiasm! This has been a very exciting election and I'm grateful to Kazaman, McEntire, and Gem for pushing their ideas and making this a memorable time!

It looks like McEntire, despite pretty low polling numbers, is not giving up just yet. From private conversations with her, it appears that their ticket is aiming for a runoff. Meanwhile, Kazaman and JayDee will both be trying to target each other, as the polls (and their own GOTV numbers) have them pretty close to one another.

We now go to our panel of experts and special guests.

@Gem: having previously run in the race, what do you think will be the most important issue in this race?
@SkyGreen : what do you think the campaigns will be looking for as votes come in?
@Pland Adanna : what do you think the campaigns will be aiming for?

*if you want to join in on the liveblog, please contact me!

EDIT: A previous version of this liveblog erroneously referred to McEntire using he/him pronouns. This has now been rectified, and I (Forilian) would like to sincerely apologise for this oversight.

Last edited:
The presidential race is over!!!

Despite poor results in early election polls, JayDee surged into the lead after a strong debate showing, and has followed up on that momentum with a narrow first-round election victory. The final vote tallies were:

JayDee/Pichtonia - 36
Kazaman/Comfed - 26
McEntire/UPC - 6

Back