HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
*que intro music*

HEM: Welcome everyone, to the today show! Today we have a very special guest! Introduce him, Vanna!

Vanna: He's controversial. He is stubborn. He is True to himself. And now he is the first ever guest of the Today Show! Give a big welcome to...Champagne Jam!

*applauds*

HEM: Hello Champagne Jam! Welcome to the Today Show!

Champagne Jam:Why hello HEM! Glad to know it's not yesterday still.

HEM: Take a seat, Take a seat. Now obviously you have been a pretty controversial subject as of late. If we were back in October, and you could do anything different, would you?

CJ: No, I have no regrets, I only learn from the mistakes that I make and I made no mistake in coming to Europeia.

HEM: What is your party's reason for having a solid vote against me...erm...HEM for the post of culture Minister?

CJ: Well it isn't necessarily my party that has collectively voted against it, nor have I, or to my knowledge, Hyanygo voted specifically against appointing you as Culture Minister. What I did vote against, is my unneccessary removal from office.

HEM: So you would say that the President's reasons for removing you are faulty?

CJ: I believe that President Pope Lexus X's reasons for removing me are purely personal, and from a professional point of view, not acceptable. If I had done some kind of damage to Europeia, I would easily hold myself accountable and Lexus's dismissal would be justified. However, seeing as that I was one of if not the primary contributor to Europeia's recent massive population increase and collective strong activity since the beginning of my term, I see no need whatsoever to remove me from my post as Minister of Culture.

HEM: Getting away from that messy subject, are you willing tonight to officialy annouce whether or not you will be running for President?

CJ: Yes, tonight I will annouce the official Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates for the Europeian Liberal Party. I intend to discuss a few more party-related things with Lmaoofl, Hyanygo and the rest of the party before I make any official decision.

HEM: What kind of chance do you think you have, and what issues will be key to you

CJ: Well simply, HEM, I do not know what my chances of winning are at this point in time. If the election were today, I would almost certainly lose. But a month from now? I can only hope that my fellow Europeians can put this circus act behind them and vote for the right choice this coming election. And if I didn't feel I was the right choice, I wouldn't run.

HEM: What are some key issues you intend to highlight during the campaign?

CJ: Well first of all I wish to address the active forum population. Yes, our population increased by 60 in the last couple of weeks, but that matters for naught if none of them join the forums and get involved, which seems to currently be the case. Now, it is the job of the Minister of Culture to welcome these people but I was under the impression for the last couple weeks that I had been officially fired... but it turns out I haven't been, and there was no replacement, so few of them have joined the forums.

This is extremely important, and I think Minister of Culture will be one of the most important positions to me as President and I will only be considering active, willing candidates who I can trust and rely on to send letters to new nations. This goes along with my plan to continue our strong immigration. My goal as President of Europeia is to guide Europeia to a new era of prosperity, and attain a total of 400 nations by June. The Minister of the Interior must be someone very familiar with the Department of Immigration and I can count on and trust to run the department, so if I was made President, I would more than likely select Asianatic as the Minister of the Interior.

Next, I would address the Navy. Europeia has a history of invading, which is acceptable to me even though I am a defender. What I at least want to see, is an accountable Grand Admiral who can operate independently of our defunctional allies. We have a large army by today's standards; yet we rely on lesser allies such as The New Inquisition for guidance. This is no longer acceptable.

For Foreign Affairs, I would like to primarily see Europeia become closer in two areas; one, in re-establishing embassy and foreign relations with the Founderless Regions Alliance; and to work tighter with the feeders. Most importantly, to maintain constant activity in our embassies but I do not have a personal policy of deleting or cancelling inactive embassies; a region who wishes to have relations with us has a right to an embassy, whether they choose to use it or not.

And finally, the last issue I wish to address is the Constitution itself, and I plan to do a full review of the Constitution and work with the Senate to tie up any loose ends, some of which were quite evident in my trial.

HEM: That. Was a long answer. I officially regret asking that question *laughs*.

CJ: Haha, well you asked a very broad question HEM, and I hope I addressed it fully.

HEM: There are rumors that if elected you would pursue a very defeneristic agenda, and would change the policy of the Europeia from neutral to defender. Is there any truth in such rumors?

CJ: *Chuckles* I can only imagine someone who knows me well as Falconias, such as you yourself HEM or Lexus, would have started that rumour. I don't plan on bringing any such agenda to Europeia, as it would interfere with the interior politics of Europeia that I have come to love and get addicted to. However, it is no secret that I am a defender and don't necessarily support raiding regions. At the

[cut off]

HEM: Ermm...

CJ: very least I will not allow the Navy to colonize any regions or support any imperialistic agendas of our allies. One concern regarding foreign relations and defenderism is the Commonwealth, however the Commonwealth is turning a bit away from raiding and has participated in some defences as well as raids. So in the end it would not harm Europeia at all to abstain from destroying or supporting imperialism.

HEM: Thanks for being on the show CJ, it was a pleasure.

CJ: That's all? No other questions or flowers? What a disappointment. Haha, no worries HEM, that was fun, any time.

HEM: And now to the political desk with Judy Fleck! Judy?

Judy Fleck: Hello HEM, today President Lexus has issued his State of the Republic Speech where he addresses the population boom, and the Falconias conflict. It's a pretty good read.

Mark Bauman: And the first president poll has competed today, which gives Champagne Jam a tiny edge, however there are open and known attempts to get his vote up only for comedical reasons, so I think that has to be taken with a huge dump truck filled with salt.

HEM: And we still don't know who the EUP will nominate...?

Judy Fleck: Still not a clue. They are either keeping it quiet, or they don't have a clue yet.

Mark Bauman: The Unionists aren't the juggernaut they where before, without the Liberal vote they will have a tough time keeping the Goldenblock.

Judy Fleck: They might just sit the whole election out.

HEM: Those in power don't give it up easily.

Mark Bauman: True dat.

Judy Fleck: Now over to Jack Cafferty, with the Cafferty file. Jack?

Jack Cafferty: The question of this hour is, do you think it is good or bad that HEM is stepping aside in the Senate this term? Send all replies to HEM, and they will be posted in the next edition.

HEM: We will be right back, after a word from Anumia.

Anumia: Meh

HEM: Thank you Anumia.

Judy Fleck: And now for some weather! We have a winter weather advisory for northern parts of Europeia.

Sean Glenn: Upper parts of Europeia may be getting up to 3-4 inches of snow tonight, including northern parts of King HEM, Cordova I, and Anumia.

Judy Fleck: Not too much then?

Sean Glenn: Not alot Judy, but being a tropical paradise island, we don't see much snow, and even relatively small amounts are unusual here. It may be a while before it is off the roads.

HEM: Thanks for that Sean.

Judy Fleck: Thats the end of our show folks, thanks for watching.

HEM: From all of us, to Europeia. Good Afternoon, Good night, and safe driving!

However, seeing as that I was one of if not the primary contributor to Europeia's recent massive population increase

*Pope Lexus X must be invisible along with HEM, Aurora, nlhp, Neo, Lethen, Lmaoofl and with everyone else who has recruited the same amount and more*

Damned cheek.. Primary contributor my ass. Do I get no credit?

A good read otherwise HEM, though Anumia's word is such a stolen gimic :p

EDIT: And it was a personal decision, it is my cabinet.

I was one of if not the primary contributor to Europeia's recent massive population increase and collective strong activity since the beginning of my term.

Okay, I held my tongue when you said this during your speech in the Senate, but please!

You- 272
Lex- 2472
Asianatic- 1000
nlhp- 663
HEM- 305

The only thing you get credit for is making the contest, and even that we had to prod you about in various threads for progress reports. Not to mention the fact that some coordination between the Immigration Ministry and the FA ministry would've been nice.

So....seriously? -laughs my head off- Lex has done almost 10 times what you've done, and I've done about 4 times more than what you've done. You don't get to claim anything.

This is extremely important, and I think Minister of Culture will be one of the most important positions to me as President and I will only be considering active, willing candidates who I can trust and rely on to send letters to new nations.
Even before the contest you weren't sending them; Lex was.

one, in re-establishing embassy and foreign relations with the Founderless Regions Alliance
Do you know Europeia's history with the FRA? As I recall, they opposed us in a mission, not to mention that their embassy was majorly inactive.

And finally, the last issue I wish to address is the Constitution itself, and I plan to do a full review of the Constitution and work with the Senate to tie up any loose ends, some of which were quite evident in my trial.
Don't we have a constitutional convention coming up in March?

I guess my biggest contention with this is that you think you recruited a lot. -blinks-

I will applaud you for organizing the contest, but that's about it.

Aurora I think he was more getting at the recruitment results over the contest. But even then I don't know how much he did so I have no idea. :lol:

The convention bill was actually amended so it will only convene if called on.

I guess its just been ignored...Maybe repeal it....

I'm of the feeling that it's the region's cabinet, rather than the President's personal cabinet.

But that's my view on cabinets if I ever get elected to a presidential position.

I am the region's President, so yes technically while I choose the cabinet, it is the regions, however, I am going to choose people I will actually be able to work with, as well as those who will benefit the region.

If I can't work with the people, then how can the cabinet function properly?

Mmm I apologize to Asianatic and Lexus and all the other recruiters I didn't mean for my words to come across like that. ^_^ And I actually didn't realize Lexus and Asian had recruited THAT much so my thanks goes to them, and I am humbled and will keep my mouth shut.

About the Europeian-FRA history, yes the FRA opposed Europeia in at least one mission but the FRA is an apolitical organization who will defend against anyone -- even their allies (some of you may be aware of the recent-ish FRA-TITO conflict over the Marijuana Militia/Green Weed Region.) Not to mention you have embassy with Sapientia, New Liberalia and Jethnea, who are members of the FRA and therefore their troops have likely opposed the Europeian Navy in the past, and The Kodiak Republic I do recall also has opposed the Europeian Navy on the battlefield. It's a game and the FRA does not hold anything against Europeia and Europeia should not hold anything against the FRA.

And the constitutional convention, indeed, and won't I be right there.

There is always the issue of our allies and the FRA, and that not having relations with them brings less hassle than having relations with them..but I still think it's an interesting proposal nonetheless..

Apology accepted about the recruitment (note: the recruitment awards have been given just now, so I'm not too fussed). ^_^

Really interesting read HEM!

As for embassy relations with the FRA, to be honest I don't care, the FRA has more important things to spend its time on than maintaining embassies on the scale it attempts to anyway, and there are plenty of people here who are in the know about FRA matters to some extent and vice versa so its hardly needed for anything.

The point I do agree with is Europeia's foreign policy being dictated to it by allies who believe themselves to be superior. I'm personally yet to see the benefits of some of those relationships (although maybe I'm biased) and I would see strengthening of relations with the Commonwealth as a better choice for us as a region as they seem to hold similar values (maybe the Kodiak Republic as well?).

I completely agree with the President in terms of his views on the Cabinet.

Members of the Cabinet serve at the pleasure of the President. This is why the Cabinet Ministers are not elected, but appointed...by the President, of course.

Therefore, the President has every right to remove members when he loses confidence in them. I don't believe that he even has to give a reason for the removal of members.

Exactly, its not the cabinet that is accountable to the region, its the President that is and it his job to organise a cabinet that serves the region most effectively. If he gets it wrong then it is him (or her ;)) who takes responsibility for it.

*Ahem*

CJ: I believe that President Pope Lexus X's reasons for removing me are purely personal, and from a professional point of view, not acceptable. If I had done some kind of damage to Europeia, I would easily hold myself accountable and Lexus's dismissal would be justified. However, seeing as that I was one of if not the primary contributor to Europeia's recent massive population increase and collective strong activity since the beginning of my term, I see no need whatsoever to remove me from my post as Minister of Culture.

Not acceptable? Its the President's job to make sure the region runs smoothly and efficiently. If Lex feels that your presence is a security risk and would distract more than help, he has every right to remove you. And as has been said before, you were not on of the primary contributors tot he massive population increase, but hey, thats just statistics.

Next, I would address the Navy. Europeia has a history of invading, which is acceptable to me even though I am a defender. What I at least want to see, is an accountable Grand Admiral who can operate independently of our defunctional allies. We have a large army by today's standards; yet we rely on lesser allies such as The New Inquisition for guidance. This is no longer acceptable.

Accountable...meh yes I'll give you that. The position isn't one built around accountability. But funnily enough, as I've told you before, the Grand Admiral can operate independently of our allies. As I've told you before, the only reason we aren't doing so lately is because I personally have been busier than usual. Were you here in the summer, as I've told you, you would notice that we ran many, many operations by ourselves. God forbid we run operations with our allies to strengthen our relations even more. And I resent the implication that we rely on lesser allies for guidance. Since when? When has TNI told us to jump and we've asked how high? Besides SRATO missions, never unless we are returning a favor (which is rare).

I admire that you want to better Europeia, improve the Navy, etc. Champagne Jam/Falconias, but I find it ridiculous that you'd have the audacity to run for President. Its laughable, man.

The trial may have run less-than-smoothly, but the fact of the matter is that 1) you lied to us, 2) you've admitted to us over MSN that you wanted to use Europeia as a springboard to get closer to regions like TNI and Gatesville, and 3) I just can't trust a liar when they tell me they don't plan on letting their views majorly affect our region's own.

So please, get off your pedestal and earn your way back to the top. Europeia doesn't treat liars nicely, especially when they are trying to run for President.

Odd, usually people comment after large rants.

Hey I never denied I wanted to get closer to regions like TNI and Gatesville, where I would have unable to get close as Falconias. But I still never caused anyone harm.

I stated my reasons for coming here as Champagne Jam, Lethen; Falconias would not have been able to gain the respect and political command that Champagne Jam did. I now basically proved to myself that I personally am a strong politician, it's just that "Falconias" comes with a defender stigmatism that slows me down in non-defender regions.

That's really all there is to say about that.

When I say "lesser allies," I refer to TNI at this moment in time; while overall they are a larger and more influential region atm in my opinion, their military has been puny as of late, and ineffective. I have but utmost respect for Gryfynn especially, and her region.

Back