former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
E-News Network - "Elections = Wtf?"
Written by HEM Tiberius

If you haven't been active the last 48 hours, you have quite a bit of catching up to do. the recent ENN debate has sparked enormous controversy, which tapped into deep anger and political steam which has been boiling under the surface for some time.

"Absolutely uncalled for," Princeton Professor Paul Krugman says, "The behavior of Earth22 in banning Seymour from a debate he was a participant in made me...uneasy at best."

However, the attacks and pettiness are not monopolized by any side of the debate. The fighting and anger consumed the forum for hours, as people decided who was the best to blame.

In this time however, Presidential tickets sprang together, and apart, and together again. Only a few hours after the mess, Crist Seymour announced his intentions of stepping out of the race -- effectively handing it to incumbent Sopo. This lead to the standing of former Grand Admiral Griff and current City Councilor Switzlanzia.

Things get stranger though.

Seymour jumps back into the race, but then decides to bow out a second time and endorse his original opponent -- Sopo. All the meanwhile, Sopo has been trying to proceed the affairs of state.

"He has to be very frustrated," Former United Kingdom Prime Minister John Major says, "Division has been ripe this entire term. Here it has reared his head, and he lost a Vice President out of it. A damn shame people couldn't keep it together."

ENN's opinions on the race are mixed. Sopo is the projected frontrunner, due to his semi-sane and stable status. However with Stamosian also entering the mix, anything is possible. Sopo may win the race outright, or it could continue for another round.

"Interesting enough," Jay Leno says, "Seymour is still on the ballot. He didn't remove his name formally via the Standing for President thread. That could make this an even larger...interesting affair."

Polls will open 6:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. Be prepared to vote in an...interesting election...

I edited two of my posts in the standing thread to reflect me dropping out. :p

"Absolutely uncalled for," Princeton Professor Paul Krugman says, "The behavior of Earth22 in banning Seymour from a debate he was a participant in made me...uneasy at best."
Also factually incorrect. The debate was happening in a different channel, which Seymour was not even temporarily banned from. If you're going to make waves against her, at least get the facts right.

Also factually incorrect. The debate was happening in a different channel, which Seymour was not even temporarily banned from. If you're going to make waves against her, at least get the facts right.
Was it part of the debate conversation/dialogue/feedback or not? I apologize the information isn't spot on, but I think the core of the sentiment is.

If the other conversation had nothing to do with the debate, I will of course issue another apology. Such would only be appropriate.

Was it part of the debate conversation/dialogue/feedback or not? I apologize the information isn't spot on, but I think the core of the sentiment is.

If the other conversation had nothing to do with the debate, I will of course issue another apology. Such would only be appropriate.
The other conversation was directly related to the debate, NES dubbed it the feedback channel.

Yeah, I mean that channel was a crucial part of the Debate. There is no way we could have continued with one of the candidate's locked out of the Feedback section of the Debate.

If you're going to make waves against her, at least get the facts right.

Get a grip Ollie. Waves against "her". lmao. SAVE THE SACRED EARTH FROM FACTUAL CRITICISM!

Yeah, I mean that channel was a crucial part of the Debate. There is no way we could have continued with one of the candidate's locked out of the Feedback section of the Debate.
Conversation in the channel swung to and fro, from the debate to other topics at various times. I'll shut up now, though.

I honestly wanted to make this balanced. Obviously anyone is welcome to submit opinion pieces.

I didn't want this to become this kind of debate. Had I known I would make an unfortunate error, I wouldn't have posted. :gentleman:

I didn't want this to become this kind of debate. Had I known I would make an unfortunate error, I wouldn't have posted. :gentleman:
I apologize for assuming you were attempting to spin it. Obviously opinion is mixed as to the nature of the #europeia thread at the time of the banning, and giving my opinion will result in NES, McEntire, and Seymour shouting at me until I shut up, so I'll leave it with what I've said.

I apologize for assuming you were attempting to spin it. Obviously opinion is mixed as to the nature of the #europeia thread at the time of the banning, and giving my opinion will result in NES, McEntire, and Seymour shouting at me until I shut up, so I'll leave it with what I've said.
But it was okay for you to shout at me then? :p

Obviously opinion is mixed as to the nature of the #europeia thread at the time of the banning

I was running the damn debate. You weren't even around for the Intro were I explained how it would work. This is yet another attempt to wriggle Earth out of responsibility, or lesson the seriousness of the incident, which was nothing less than an assault on democracy.

Back