ENN Special Election Coverage

writinglegend48 said:
Charlotte said:
:violentgun:
It's Matt Smith not David Tennant :violentgun:
I can't tell them apart, plus that was the only Doctor Who image that was available in icon size. :ph43r:

[flash]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwSF1vk_tr0[/flash]

HEM Tiberius: "And we are back. Polls are about to open in under fifteen minutes, and the region is ready to pull the level for the candidate of their choice. This election has been filled with twists and turns, but we are about to find out what will happen, right now."

Anderson Cooper: "Before that fateful moment when the polls are opened, we are now ready to share the final Entrance Poll question: where we directly asked people who they were voting for.

Anderson Cooper: "Imperium is the clear favorite of the region. His support reaches across almost all demographics, and all other candidates are struggling to pick up any significant level of support."

HEM Tiberius: "What does this mean for the election Anderson?"

Anderson Cooper: "It is going to be very hard for anyone to surpass Imperium in the vote today. Now, we have had two additional candidates enter the field since this poll was taken. ENN is not ready to make a projection based on this now incomplete poll, but Imperium is the clear favorite going into the race."

Paul Krugman: "In Europeia was have a mild 'wait your turn' mentality where we rationalize why we vote for someone over someone else. After losing in the General Elections, I suspect the voters have determined that it is Imperium's turn."

John Major: "Very interesting. Listen, we all went into this knowing that Imperium was the favorite. It has been a very fun ride, but I think the night is going to end the way we suspected it would over two days ago. Imperium is going to win."

Jay Leno: "Hey, knock on wood there John."

John Major: [laughs]

Jay Leno: "17 people don't determine the results of elections, nor do our surveys. We encourage everyone to vote for whoever the hell they like, the only poll that matters is about to open in two minutes."

HEM Tiberius: "Alrighty folks, we will be back with preliminary results right after this."

Charlotte said:
No new poll responses with the new candidates? :ph43r:
No time for 11th hour candidates. :p

"the region is ready to pull the level"

What is this level, and how do we pull it? (And where do we pull it?)

:ph43r:

HEM Tiberius: "And we're back. Let's take a look at some initial results."

Imperium 4 (30.8%) ***CURRENTLY LEADING***
Calvin Coolidge 3 (23.1%)
Writinglegend48 1 (7.7%)
Apollo1 (7.7%)
Seladuir 1 (7.7%)
Charlotte 3 (23.1%)

Paul Krugman: "It seems like the last few election cycles, the conventional wisdom of ENN has been wrong. This is shaping up to be a much closer race than initially anticipated."

John Major: "Maybe. It's possible that Charlotte has more popularity and appeal than we initially thought, but it is also possible that only certain groups have voted so far. Anything could happen."

Jay Leno: "Let's not forget about Calvin Coolidge, who polled extremely poorly but is now only a single vote behind Imperium. This is a very close three-way race, and it's not too late for either of the other three candidates to catch up either."

John Major: "It's also possible that since so many people think that Imperium winning is a foregone conclusion that they are voting for their second choices just for the lulz."

HEM Tiberius: "Certainly a possibility."

Paul Krugman: "I think the smart money is still on Imperium, and maybe even a decisive Imperium victory, but this race suddenly got a whole heck of a lot closer. Maybe only a third of the vote is in at the moment, so really, the race remains up for grabs."

HEM Tiberius: "Charlotte lost her Senate Seat a few elections ago after being chronically inactive. Why the sudden revival for her, and not Apollo?"

Jay Leno: "But she's also maintained a presence on EuroChat, getting to know people and be sociable. I think people feel more of a connection with her than with Apollo. She is also quite a but more active on the forum, and a member of the Citizens' Assembly."

HEM Tiberius: "Interesting stuff! We will be back with more, right after the break!"

:popkorn: :popkorn:

These are great. I seem to have my page on refresh waiting for more coverage of the election.

It makes sense if we're talking about political activity. Apollo's been posting occasionally but not in any political context. You've made a few posts in the CA but not much else besides. In fact, you've made your political disengagement a point of pride lately, with "I don't read shit" being a common response to political issues around here. So yeah, I can see why HEM would label your interest in the Senate as "sudden."

modernsin said:
you've made your political disengagement a point of pride lately, with "I don't read shit" being a common response
I can remember saying it once as a joke. I do follow politics even if I don't post every time.

Back