vs.
Assemblyman Writinglegend48
vs.
Former Vice President Apollo
vs.
Former Senator Charlotte
vs.
Assemblyman Seladuir

A four way contest for one open seat with over half the term to go. The candidates are as varied as they come, but only one of them will walk away as a victor. Will it be an old face, such as former Vice President Apollo? Can Apollo convince Europeia that he is back for good, and eager to help the region?

Or will it be PhDre's substitute -- Imperium. He arguably is the second most experienced, and almost snagged a seat in the last General Election. Is Europeia ready to give him a full time job in the legislature? Is he ready?

Or will it be the savvy new journalist Calvin Coolidge? He has wowed the region with his intelligent articles covering events in the Senate and the region, but is he ready to participate on these issues? Is Europeia willing to give him that chance?

Or will it be the active and idealistic Writinglegend48? Can he seize the day and start building his own legacy?

Or will it be someone else entirely?

No matter who it is, ENN will be covering the entire race from today until the finish! We are joined by top political experts, governmental gurus, and Europeians from all around the globe! Happening Now.

Charlotte said:
Councilors of what council?
Sorry, I still tend to refer to Assembly Members as "Councilors". And old holdover from the City Council days :p

HEM Tiberius: "Welcome viewers from Europeia and around the globe, I'm HEM Tiberius."

Paul Krugman: "I'm Professor Paul Krugman."

John Major: "I'm former UK Prime Minister, John Major."

Jay Leno: "I'm Jay Leno."

Paul Krugman: "Reports from the Chancellery have confirmed that polls will not open for at least another 8 hours, waiting until later in the day Monday to allow for as close to 48 hours as possible."

John Major: "What is most incredible is how this race has grown since even earlier today. We now have six candidates vying for a single seat in the Europeian Senate. Incredible."

HEM Tiberius: "What are your thoughts on the likely outcomes?"

Jay Leno: "Imperium is the clear favorite. He is someone that members can vote for who is both new, but also has some Senate experience under his belt. He is the best of both worlds. Apollo stands as the experienced hand, if voters decide they want that, and there's also three totally green members for them to choose from that have all distinguished themselves in differing ways."

Paul Krugman: "I agree with Jay. I think all members running have a bright future in Europeia. Calvin Coolidge has written some phenomenal columns that would probably make him many peoples' potential second vote. But alas, there's only one seat to be had."

HEM Tiberius: "I want to welcome former President Sopo to the show. Sopo, what are your initial thoughts?"

Sopo: "Imperium seems to have the support not only of the DAF but also of a number of prominent Europeians. With the vote split between so many candidates and Imperium having a clear support base, it seems likely that he will win. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes more than 50% of the vote."

HEM Tiberius: "Sopo, I think many people are curious, do you have any active plans to return to politics?"

Sopo: "I was elected by the people of New Jersey to serve as their governor for the next three years, and that's what I plan to do."

HEM Tiberius: [laughs] "Thank you Sopo! It's great to have you back to the region, and on an ENN panel. Now to Citizens' Assembly Chair Ogastein. Chair Ogastein, what are your thoughts?"

Ogastein: "Well, first and foremost, there's a lot of activity with this by-election which is never a bad thing for the region. I think we're seeing this recent wave of newcomers dip their feet in the political waters. It's a shame that this happening for a by-election, though, because if I had these options for the general, I know my vote would have been quite different."

HEM Tiberius: "What do you make of all these new members appearing to run for office! After years of low participation in Senate elections, its almost out of nowhere! Did you see this coming?"

Ogastein: "Well, it was totally all my guidance and mentorship as Chairman within the Citizen's Assembly"

HEM Tiberius: [laughs]

Ogastein: "But in all seriousness, I think this is a pretty open seat and a "big name" hasn't stepped forward to essentially "claim" it; that happens sometimes with by-elections. I wouldn't label it as surprising, necessarily, I think it's very encouraging. It shows that we still have it in us to produce new members who are intelligent and energetic."

HEM Tiberius: "I'm excited, I think it is a very good thing. Very thrilling time to be Europeian."

Ogastein: "Oh it's very exciting! I'm just disappointed that only one of them will make it through to the Senate."

HEM Tiberius: "I think that is true for all of us at ENN too! Thank you very much Ogastein, I'm sure we'll come back to you before the day is done!"

John Major: "HEM, is there any word on the poll commissioned a few hours ago? Our entrance poll, so to say."

HEM Tiberius: "Indeed there is. In our very next segment posted, CNN's Anderson Cooper will be breaking down the numbers and giving us a preview into what could be a very interesting race. All that and more to come, right after this."

HEM Tiberius: "And we are back. Let's take a look at some entrance poll results with Anderson Cooper. Anderson?"

Anderson Cooper: "Thanks HEM. We have some very exciting results to show! We are actually going to be starting with the second question on the survey, asking Europeians to check each candidate that they thought would make a good Senator, irregardless of whether they were planning to vote for that particular candidate."

Paul Krugman: "The point of this question to see if Europeians actually like multiple candidates even though they can only vote for one, right?"

Anderson Cooper: "Spot on, and the answer seems to be a tentative yes."

Anderson Cooper: "Now, this poll was commissioned before the entrance of former Senator Charlotte and Assemblyman Seladuir, so they obviously are not included, but there seems to be alot positivity around this field.

76.5% of survey respondents thought Imperium would be a good Senator. A very strong showing for the apparent frontrunner. However almost 60% thought Calvin Coolidge would make a good Senator, and 53% think Writinglegend48 would be good. These are strong numbers for citizens making their very first run for elected office."

John Major: "Yeah, I certainly wouldn't be discouraged if I were either writinglegend48 or Calvin Coolidge. In a General Election, most Senators only need to snag so much of the vote. I think with a little work over the next term, they would have an excellent shot in a month, if not now."

Sopo: Europeia is very generous with the inexperienced, and one thing you don't usually hear here is "I'll take the devil I know over the devil I don't." Europeians would rather take a risk than place trust in someone that they believe was not up to par in the past.

HEM Tiberius: "How does that relate to Apollo, and what does this mean for him? What do you think PhDre?"

PhDre: "Less than half think Apollo is prepared to be a Senator, and you simply won't win in a general election with those kind of numbers. Indeed he lost this past general election"

Paul Krugman: "I think Apollo is going to have to put some work in at the ground level if he wants to re-enter Europeian politics. He has done alot good for this region, but tons of new members don't know about it, and some older members are uncertain about his commitment levels. These numbers aren't the end of the world for him, but they certainly show that he's not where he could be -- nay, where he needs to be -- in order to win an election."

HEM Tiberius: "Very interesting stuff. We will have more Entrance Poll results and commentary right after this!"

HEM Tiberius: "And we are back. We turn, once more, to CNN's Anderson Cooper to reveal another part of our Entrance Polls. Anderson?"

Anderson Cooper: "Welcome back everybody. We are now going to look at Kraketopia's approval rating. We don't have a cool fancy graphic for this, so I'll just say it: President Kraketopia officially has a 59% approval rating. Historically, this number is fairly good, but in comparison to Presidents over the last year is is certainly a little low. Thoughts on this and anything else?"

HEM Tiberius: "Let's bring in a new panelist, ModernSin. ModernSin, what is your take?"

ModernSin: "I'm not surprised by those modest numbers. We saw a very conservative term from the Kraken administration, with moderate progress being made in some areas, while others were uneven at best. His emphasis on strong communication was ironically marred by, among other things, an unstable Communications Ministry and infrequent public updates from his Ministers. Still, this term was far from a disaster, and the missteps were slightly outweighed by numerous baby steps toward a promising new direction for Europeia."

Sopo: While I agree that 59% is low for a Europeian President, it certainly doesn't mean he couldn't win reelection. It does, however, mean he could be vulnerable. Most people I've spoken to consider this a pretty average term with both good and bad aspects. He's going to have to sell his record to win.

HEM Tiberius: "How does he lose, if he indeed does?"

Sopo: "An experienced challenger who hasn't been deeply connected with the Kraken or Anumia governments could make a strong run from the outside against the status quo. When the GAP, Anumia's hallmark project continued by President Kraken, is under fire, it's a prime opportunity for someone to capture that momentum."

Paul Krugman: "Not to be an apologist for this government, but I think there are a few things we should keep in mind. The Presidencies of the last year, particularly that of Anumia, were filled with lots of political apathy and non confrontationalism. This poll was commissioned seemingly the very second that politics heat up again in the region, so people have all of the sudden risen the bar. I think this is a solid number, and a good approval rating to be going into re-election with."

HEM Tiberius: "I'm sure we will have many more discussions about the upcoming Presidential race as this coverage continues. We'll be taking a short break for a few hours before polls open tomorrow morning! Join us again for that!"

I'm never really sure if you just ask Sopo or MS if you can use their name and make up what they said. In this instance, I'm assuming no. :p

Anyways, great reporting and interesting numbers. Can't wait for the polls to open!

I think this has been a decently productive term. Yes there have been setbacks, but overall the executive is definitely in better shape than when Lex and I walked into the office. I'm looking forward to the upcoming election.

Kraketopia said:
I think this has been a decently productive term. Yes there have been setbacks, but overall the executive is definitely in better shape than when Lex and I walked into the office. I'm looking forward to the upcoming election.
Is this a hint at your plans to run again? :popkorn:

Back