ENN First Minister Debate Liveblog

This really just reinforces my priors that DAX and Calvin are the strongest top ticket candidates. I'm more interested to see how the SM debate goes.

I wasn't there for this 4am debate, so looking back I appear to have a different viewpoint than the one expressed.

I feel like all of Calvin's answers were strong. He definitely shined in the debate with some good ideas and, if not the specifics, the general attitude I'd like to see from an FM candidate.

I feel DAX was going plenty strong until the Deputy question. She definitely had a valuable and unique idea, which would've set her apart, but the presentation of said idea was perhaps the wrong way. Of course, with only 1:30 minutes to prepare, I can't blame her.

OD's points were powerful and I enjoyed reading them. But he pushed a little too far in his rebuttals in my view. He definitely got some good ones like sniping out a few botchy arguments, but then pushed and pushed. Perhaps that's not a bad strat at all -- I'd rather a braver and stronger FM than a timid one - but he could've capitalised on his rebuttals a lot better than he actually did.

And Cuddles was just enjoyable to read. While surely there were some good points there, I disagree heavily with the Integ/Rec split so that might've clouded my judgement. Yet yeah, it was amusing and I wonder if that helped his campaign. The FM spot is a whole lot less formal than like a Senate or CoS spot.

this was real fun to read again. im fairly certain I went crazy second half.

Back