Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
"ENN Exclusive: Race For Chief of State Not Close, but Not Over"
Sopo
Deputy Editor
Poll Analysis

The E-News Network conducted a poll on the Chief of State Election over the past 24 hours. 31 Europeians participated in the poll.

poll1.png
We first asked how participants would vote including an "unsure" option. 16 selected HEM/Pichtonia, 7 selected JayDee/Darcness, and 8 chose unsure. This indicates that about a quarter of the populace hasn't made up their mind yet and may still be won over.

poll2.png
When pressed, HEM picked up 6 votes and JayDee picked up 2, bringing their totals to 22 and 9 respectively. HEM is the clear frontrunner in this election, but JayDee still has time to win over the public. Of course, its ultimately the votes of the senators which matter, which we'll get to shortly.

poll3.png
Most poll participants were satisfied with the choices for chief of state, with 25 choosing very satisfied or somewhat satisfied and only 6 choosing unsatisfied. Most Europeians are excited to have a competitive election for chief of state, even if one candidate has a clear advantage.

poll4.png
Most of our poll participants had already read both platforms at the time of polling, with 23 indicating they read both. 4 had read only HEM's, the first to drop, while 3 read neither and only 1 had read solely JayDee's. Most citizens appear to be highly engaged in this election.

poll5.png
Because the Senate chooses the chief of state, we asked participants to identify whether or not they were a senator. Though we cannot be certain of the accuracy, 6 people polled indicated they currently serve in the Senate (of a possible 9). Of those, 3 chose HEM/Pichtonia, 2 chose JayDee/Darcness, and 1 chose unsure in the first round. When pressed, the unsure senator chose HEM/Pichtonia. It should be noted that JayDee and Darcness are both senators themselves, but they have pledged to abstain on the vote. Senator Rand and Senator Astrellan indicated in #eurochat that they were hesitant to reveal themselves in the poll, and Senator Rand encouraged others to indicate that they were a senator "on his behalf." All these results tell us is that no one has locked down the Senate, and each of the candidates will need to work hard to prove themselves to the 7 senators who will be choosing the next chief of state.

Overall, these results show HEM as a clear frontrunner, though the position of the Senate remains unclear. Time will tell if JayDee is able to win over the public and the Senate or if HEM will hold on to his commanding lead.

Obviously, this is encouraging to see, but there's a great tradition in this Republic of humbling overconfident veterans who think they have it sewn up. I'm under no such delusions. JayDee and Darcness have dropped a strong platform, and I am eager to speak to every citizen and Senator to build support for my manifesto and hopefully win the election!

These are unfortunately expected results, so I can’t call it discouraging. It does, however, reinforce that slacking off is not an option for this campaign and getting the support of the population is just as important as having the support of the Senate.

If anyone’s has any questions my DMs are always open or feel free to drop it in my platform. Elections are best when the whole region is engaged.

one could say HEM's lead is strong but not unassailable

Those Senate numbers make this race much closer than the general numbers would lead one to believe. Could be a very tight race!

Those Senate numbers make this race much closer than the general numbers would lead one to believe. Could be a very tight race!
I wouldn't really trust the Senate numbers too closely, given its self-reported. Plus, if Darc and JayDee voted for themselves and said they were Senators, this is not a good result for them. If they did not take the poll, this is a great result for them. Too many variables to account for...

I wouldn't really trust the Senate numbers too closely, given its self-reported. Plus, if Darc and JayDee voted for themselves and said they were Senators, this is not a good result for them. If they did not take the poll, this is a great result for them. Too many variables to account for...
Yeah, I think that that question, in particular, is a hard one to decipher. I wouldn't trust that result, especially with senators (myself and Rand known) who voted No, and probably therefore some troll that voted Yes.

Senators, don't show us all your cards so soon! Make this an interesting election :p

Back