ENN Election Survey

My amazing, long-ass, platform isn't even up yet! flail.gif
Some people don't need to see the platforms.
... That's the most ridiculous notion I've ever heard.
If you don't think that a good number of people have made up their minds already you are extremely detached from the reality of Europeian politics.
Doesn't change the fact that that kind of thinking is absurd thinking.

If you don't think that a good number of people have made up their minds already you are extremely detached from the reality of Europeian politics.
There are still 8 days, and I doubt even half of the voting populace knows who's even running at this point. Hopefully in the next 8 days people will find the time to read both platforms and come upon a decision.

I can agree a few make up their mind that quickly, unfortunately. But not 'a good number' have already made up their minds. In a few days it will be all Swak, but only a few have been able to go all Swak thus far. :p

It may not be the most informed decision-making process but it's certainly not "absurd". Not everybody in the world trusts Apollo or find their views compatible with Elias. In some cases, those factors are insurmountable. Just playing devil's advocate here.

It may not be the most informed decision-making process but it's certainly not "absurd". Not everybody in the world trusts Apollo or find their views compatible with Elias. In some cases, those factors are insurmountable. Just playing devil's advocate here.
CSP has a point here. Initial information about the candidates as people is a big part of it.

I understand making a 'lean' or even a 'lean strongly' without reading a platform, but I meant more being certain without reading a platform. I mean, if PhDre or Hy ran, I'd lean very strongly against them, but I'd at least read their platform before being certain I'd vote against them - or maybe, somehow, they'll sway me. (unlikely, yes, but stranger things have happened)

Cerian, it might be absurd, but it's a reality - it's the reason why you (if I understand correctly) have stated that you won't run for higher office: your viewpoints and the ideology you put forward are near unelectable in Europeia (at least at the moment). I personally don't find it absurd, but that's your right.

Cerian, it might be absurd, but it's a reality - it's the reason why you (if I understand correctly) have stated that you won't run for higher office: your viewpoints and the ideology you put forward are near unelectable in Europeia (at least at the moment). I personally don't find it absurd, but that's your right.
I said certainty without reading a platform was absurd. Extremely strong inclinations are not. A fine distinction, but one that exists nonetheless.

Not for nothing, but I rarely read entire platforms nowadays. I usually skim-read and vote more on the person and what they have told me both in private and in public (i.e. answers to my questions) than what their platform says or contains. Public perception is everything - I already knew that Swakistek was running and have warmed up to the idea, but I was surprised to see that Apollo stood considering past actions that are still sour in many Europeians' mouths.

I could write the best platform in the world, but I would never vote for me as an outsider. I'm too out of touch with current foreign policy; don't have the requisite global connections; and don't have the vision or ambition that we require for many of our Presidents today. But many of you would vote for me as the lesser of two evils or due to my reputation alone - invalidating all this concern about how someone can be certain only after they've read an entire platform.

I said certainty without reading a platform was absurd. Extremely strong inclinations are not. A fine distinction, but one that exists nonetheless.
I'm certain I wouldn't vote for remsol if he came back and ran for president. I wouldn't even bother to read his platform. I'm sure you can say the same about some people. If unibot became a citizen and ran do you think there is any way in hell you would vote for him? How about is AA ran? Ultimately though I think if you rely on the platform your doing it wrong. The most important thing is past record, and ultimately whether you believe that past record shows the candidate is capable of being an effective and efficient administration. It's really easy to spew rhetoric and write long winded campaigns full of fluff and filler that sounds great, but proving first hand that you can a job is much harder, and with both apollo and swak there are people that would rule them out purely based on their past records, just like there are people who would never vote for me and same for you. I know multiple people never even read my senate platforms when I ran for senate(and would likely do the same if I ran for president); they just looked at the name and knew they were voting for me. Not to mention it's not only about knowing you won't vote for a candidate, some people have votes they will get no matter who their opponent is.

Well if you look at it another way, would someone with strong Liberal views vote Republican even if they agreed with a few of their policies? Would that individual even take the time to read their platform?

Anyway, back on the topic of the survey itself, that was nice and easy. If I was to run again... my hair would be completely grey :p

The missus would really want to know what stressed you out so much on the Internet to turn your hair grey.

She knows - what else am I to talk to her around the dinner table about? Cleaning? Pffft

Back