ENN Election Night

Thank Ollie. I guess I was expecting a continuous coverage on the forum, but that format kinda reveals how long I've been here, right? :p

I choose not to get involved in the "rape joke" non-debate.

Thank Ollie. I guess I was expecting a continuous coverage on the forum, but that format kinda reveals how long I've been here, right? :p

I choose not to get involved in the "rape joke" non-debate.
:lol: We have to sleep sometimes...

Earthie is right. I think there's some leeway, and if a woman (or man) can't bear to hear the lightest joke about rape they probably need to get some help (I'm not blaming them or anything; it's a traumatic experience and they got traumatized, that's all there is to it) but I do try to avoid them, especially after I found out a couple years ago that my best friend had been raped when she 12.
Nope, there's no leeway. Rape's not funny. Period.
I've known a rape-victim who laughed at things such as "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you... Said the rapist." She may have just been laughing along, but I don't think so.

And either way, plenty of people do find them funny. If you don't, that's great. But it doesn't mean that's universal.

*shrugs*

As I said, I avoid them.

Earthie is right. I think there's some leeway, and if a woman (or man) can't bear to hear the lightest joke about rape they probably need to get some help (I'm not blaming them or anything; it's a traumatic experience and they got traumatized, that's all there is to it) but I do try to avoid them, especially after I found out a couple years ago that my best friend had been raped when she 12.
I've known a rape-victim who laughed at things such as "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you... Said the rapist." She may have just been laughing along, but I don't think so.

And either way, plenty of people do find them funny. If you don't, that's great. But it doesn't mean that's universal.

*shrugs*

As I said, I avoid them.
Likewise, the best 9/11 jokes are told by New Yorkers and the best Holocaust jokes are told by Jews.

Goes to show you...

*shrugs*

As I said, I avoid them.
Likewise, the best 9/11 jokes are told by New Yorkers and the best Holocaust jokes are told by Jews.

Goes to show you...
I mean if a victim has come to terms with it, they'll probably be ok with such jokes. If they haven't, that's when it becomes an issue.

*shrugs*

As I said, I avoid them.
That's great, but you can't know if you're going to be talking to a person who thinks that's funny or a person who's been raped and reminded of a horrific experience in their life by the joke. The internet's a very public place; for all intents and purposes, in public places, with unknown audiences, rape isn't funny.

I love dark humour as much as the next guy, but seriously, let this one go.

:unsure:

I only raised the rape-victim finding rape jokes funny thing because I found it interesting.

The rest of the post was me being semantic. So I'll gladly let it go -_-

Sopo Slips Out Of First Ballot Win

[Live Update] With another vote for Swakistek, and the joke candidate Blumenwitz doing better than expected, Sopo holds, as of this posting, only 50% of the vote, where the simple majority requirement is 50% of the vote plus one vote.

[Live Update] With another vote for Swakistek, and the joke candidate Blumenwitz doing better than expected, Sopo holds, as of this posting, only 50% of the vote, where the simple majority requirement is 50% of the vote plus one vote.
Aurora casted an absentee ballot in which she voted for the Sopo/HEM ticket, FYI.

Aurora casted an absentee ballot in which she voted for the Sopo/HEM ticket, FYI.
*cough*

The quoted poster is correct. :baghead:

*cough*

Ollie just got told.

:lol:

*cough*

Ollie just got told.

Contrary to popular opinion, I am not infallible. :p

*cough*

Ollie just got told.

What public opinion says that? :p

*cough*

Ollie just got told.

What public opinion says that? :p
Both PL and Jusduckria seemed shocked by the suggestion. :p But it was really just me with my tongue in my cheek.

I was just yanking your chain haha :lol:

Back