EBC Survey Responses and Scheduling Update

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who has responded to the survey.

There were two responding groups - one was EBC staff and senior media personnel in the region, and the rest was Viewers and Citizens Like You.

Respondent 1:
1. How would you describe the EBC?

A Ministry of Culture-operated news agency.

2. Are there any areas or feature/program/piece types that you would like to see the EBC do?

More political analysis and opinion pieces.

3. In order for your contribution to the EBC to be successful, what would you need from myself or the MoC staff or your fellow EBC peeps?

Not too sure.

4. Are there any areas where you think the EBC has dropped the ball or needed to improve?

Well, I'd like to see more coverage of Europeian events and news.

5. How would you describe the state of media in Europeia?

Generally, decent, although there are good phases and bad phases for every media outlet.

6. Are there any questions or concerns you have for me?

No.

7. This space provided for any final statements or thoughts

Respondent 2:

-A government run news org not unlike PBS

2. Are there any areas or feature/program/piece types that you would like to see the EBC do?

More radio shows

3. In order for your contribution to the EBC to be successful, what would you need from myself or the MoC staff or your fellow EBC peeps?

Knowing who could show up for various shows better and when

4. Are there any areas where you think the EBC has dropped the ball or needed to improve?

Regular journalists

Does well in fits and starts

No

N/A

Respondent 3:

I would describe it as a at times vibrant, and educational "hub" here in Europeia.

I personally would like to see more op-eds and articles written.

I do not need anything from my fellow staff, you, or the MoC. All I need is you guys to contribute to EBC content. I need every single one of my fellow staff members to create consistent and interesting content, along with my own work.

The EBC has definitely dropped the ball on the EBC WIRE. This has created a huge decline in interest in the EBC.

Quite minimal, and slightly uninteresting.

No sir.

Let get to work!

Respondent 4:
1. How would you describe the EBC? Pardon my obvious bias, but it's a quality news outlet. :p

2. Are there any areas or feature/program/piece types that you would like to see the EBC do? No, not really.

3. In order for your contribution to the EBC to be successful, what would you need from myself or the MoC staff or your fellow EBC peeps? See Question 2.

4. Are there any areas where you think the EBC has dropped the ball or needed to improve? Perhaps trying to keep the news outlets which have applied active. Other than that, I'm not sure.

5. How would you describe the state of media in Europeia? It's sufficient.

6. Are there any questions or concerns you have for me? Again, no. I'm fine.

Respondent 5:

Hit or miss. It definitely doesn't have the presence of old (panel discussion etc), and has been limited to the platform of individuals (for better or worse). I'd like to see those continue (such as Skizzy's) however they should not be the only material that's of quality from the EBC as they are now.

Yes, panels. Perhaps anonymous opinion pieces, but you know my style :p

Not sure, that's up to me at the moment

Having prime real estate on the front page and not taking advantage of it. Not trying to be in every FA update. Not sending 'newspaper deliver boys' off to ally and friendly regions with the EBC.

Bad. Poorly organized / little effort to put out quality material. Not impressed with most of the recent 'quality' articles.

I know you can do it, Jus! Dream big! Make the EBC part of Euro's vision and Foreign Policy, don't let them deny you :p

Respondent 6:
Q1: How would you describe the EBC?

Public Broadcasting much like PBS

Q2: Are there any areas or feature/program/piece types that you would like to see the EBC do?

More content

Q3: Are there any areas where you think the EBC has dropped the ball or needed to improve?

Journalists

Q4: How would you describe the state of media in Europeia?

Fits and Starts

Q5: What do you think could be done to improve the state of media in Europeia?

More political activity

Q6: Are there any questions or concerns you have about the EBC or the state of the media?

Nope

Q7: Any final thoughts?

Nope

Respondent 7:

Iffy

Q2: Are there any areas or feature/program/piece types that you would like to see the EBC do?

Regular NS news focused on NS forum news

Q3: Are there any areas where you think the EBC has dropped the ball or needed to improve?

News :p

Decent[ish] though the LethoMonarcy centre is a battle ground

Perhaps split the number of papers in the LethoM' centre into 2 groups?

Q6: Are there any questions or concerns you have about the EBC or the state of the media?

Hopefully quality is maintained and news [rather than countless Op-Eds] are done

I like turtles

Respondent 8:

I would describe it as a powerful newspaper that has seen better days. I would also describe it as lacking in actual news instead of simply opinion pieces.

I would love to see Bantering With Bryan make a resurgence.

I think that the overall activity of EBC should improve as well as the quality of it's work. In a region where almost everything is taken seriously, I believe it would be extremely nice to have a news company that tries to lighten the mood.

I would describe it as too serious. What I mean by this is that it lacks in the witty one liners and it doesn't convey the news in a fashion that people can relate to.

I believe that writers who are able to lighten the mood and bring the news to us in a humorous fashion should be brought on.

Nope.

Nope.

It's clear that myself, as well as the EBC in general, has some work to do. Fortunately, I was leaning in the direction that a lot of these comments are already. Right now I'm trying to work on setting up a schedule with the EBC staff, so we can have regular content and commentary.

Also, we're always looking for staff and writers! Feel free to shoot me a PM or apply in the applicable thread.

Finally, I'd like to announce a Very Special Feature - the resurgence of Europeian Question Time! That's right, the panel discussion I kicked off way back when is coming back. This Wednesday, January 30th, at 2:00 P.M. Pacific (5:00 P.M. Europeian/Eastern). And boy, do we have a kickass panel:

-Associate Justice* Skizzy Grey
-Attorney General* PhDre
-World Assembly Delegate* Vinage
-Minister of Culture* Drexlore Greyjoy
-Supreme Chancellor* Lethen

*NB: Positions are current as of January 28th. Obviously everyone on this list has a curriculum vitae longer than a Leonard Cohen song

Moving forward with you,

Jusduckria

As a member of the elite I am shocked and appalled that I was not not questioned.

*Takes ALL the Earl Grey and leaves*

When I looked at the survey I knew I didn't want to take it because I all I wanted to say was "Keep it simple, stupid. Do the job." Nobobdy's wanted to do the job so nobody has. Just...do it.

Back