EBC Radio News Episode 3

RADIO NEWS
Episode 3

Streaming Link

Download

[HIDE=Transcript]Hello and welcome back to EBC Radio News! I'm your temporary host, Emily. Gustavus Adolphus Rex apologizes for not hosting and for the lateness of this episode. A family of frogs hatched in his throat during the original recording and then a dog ate said recording. If he is not entertaining you all with his inhumanly high pitched voice on EBC Radio News this coming Wednesday, then I will be sure to smack him upside his thick noggin for you. Unless you want me to host, and even then I'm sure I'm going to smack him upside the head anyway just for fun.

Vinage's entire Cabinet has been approved after much debate, mostly centering around his nominee for Foreign Minister, Elias Greyjoy, specifically surrounding comments that he made in the controversial Euro-Whig Picayune article Turkey Bacon Ranch, about The Black Riders and editor McEntire's opinions about ethical raiding. I'm pretty new to the EBC and to this region, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the debate is that Elias said that we can't rule out the possibility of diplomatic relations with Nazi regions because it's just a game, to which many have taken offense. There were many at times heated questions about to what extent Elias's personal opinions would affect his capacity to represent the official anti-Nazi view of Europeia, but ultimately the argument that the President could overrule or fire him if he contravened official doctrine prevailed and he was confirmed.

And Gustavus has asked me to sing this song to celebrate Elias Greyjoy's victory, since he cannot do so:

I’m on a drug called Elias Greyjoy
It’s not available, if you try it once you will die
Your face will melt off
And your children will weep over your exploded body, over your exploded body

You love to be in foreign affairs
What’s not to love?
The experience I have makes SD and Rachel look like
Droopy eyed armless children
That’s how I party
That’s how I party

I was running 7 embassies, that’s how I roll, winning
I have one gear, GO, epic winning
Are you bipolar?
I’m bi-winning
Win here, win there, win win in NationStates

Absolutely victory
I’m on a quest
Right every single wrong
Right every wrong

I’m a total frickin rock star from Mars, winning
C’mon bro, I got Greyjoy blood, winning
You borrow my brain and you’re like DUDE, can’t handle it

I’ve got a list, help me sort this
From the epic win to the desperately winless

VINE-age, WINNING
Foreign Affairs, WINNING
Pretending to text to avoid Unibot, EPIC WINNING
Slow dancing, WINNING
Slow pantsing, WINNING
Breakin the rules of the COPS Treaty, WEAK

Greyjoy blood, WINNING
NS World Fair, WINNING
Givin needy regions Euro foreign updates, EPIC WINNING
Childbirth, WINNING
Colin Firth, WINNING
Ducky's squeaky voice, duh, WINNING, WINNING

I was running 7 embassies, that’s how I roll winning
I have one gear: GO, epic winning
Are you bipolar?
I’m bi-winning

I’m a total frickin rock star from Mars, winning
C’mon bro, I got Greyjoy blood, winning
You borrow my brain and you’re like DUDE, can’t handle it

Well, that was my best attempt at it. I hope it wasn't rubbish.

The link to the song that this is based off of is in the transcript.

Despite that slowdown, the Vinage administration appears to have hit the ground running the minute the Cabinet was confirmed. For instance, ambassadorships are being shuffled around, a Recruitment League has been created by the Interior Ministry, Culture has addressed issues regarding the March 2013 shutdown of MSN, whose users are encouraged to migrate to Skype and share their contact information, and the entire administration is collaborating on preparations for the Europeian venue at the NationStates World Fair. The only event that has been publicly revealed so far is the Europeian Time Capsule, in which citizens submit articles, quotes, short stories, artwork, anything within the last year that is of merit, and then the thread will be displayed at the World Fair and then archived for a year before being opened for public viewing in November 2013.

Speaking of NationStates, as many of you know but I, being a British robot, only learned when I became self-aware yesterday, the tenth anniversary of NationStates is being celebrated on the week November 13th, 2012 on a special forum being created by Unibot, the head of the United Defenders League. And as part of this, the EBC's new podcast talk show, Bantering with Bryan (hooray for sponsorship!), which has already in its first series (seasons for you non Brits) overcome many technical errors to make political waves by having such notable guests as Apollo, Cerian (pronounced Kerian, my apologies), Gustavus, McEntire, and Shadowlurker on the show, will interview Unibot with many topics that I am sure will make for an entertaining programme. (Yes, that is spelled correctly in Britain.)

The Senate, meanwhile, has been a bunch of busy bees as well. Discussions continue over hashing out the finer points of the Midterm Elections Act, specifically discussing the length of time Senatorial vs. Presidential elections will allow for campaigning. The University Charter will most likely have a Board of Regents with only three people, which will be more manageable, many Senators say, than the originally proposed five. Gustavus and Apollo have introduced an amendment to the Judicature Act that is controversial for introducing an Alford plea, where a defendant may claim innocence while not fighting the charges, saying that it is no different than the current no lo contendere. However, Gustavus consulted with his law professor, a retired lawyer, and he assures me that there is a difference, at least in American law. American law is pretty bloody strange if you ask me, but anyway...There's also been discussion about hiring Senate aides through the Citizens' Assembly, repealing the Political Parties Act, adding cloture, which is apparently a way for Senators to vote to get on with it, and more!

Whatever happens this term, it appears that the government has put quite a lot on its plate, and Vinage, energized by a unanimous vote of reelection, seems to have a much more ambitious agenda this time around. This is Emily, signing off for EBC Radio News. See you next week![/HIDE]

lol, I love it. Like a female stephen hawking trying to sing karaoke a capella. Good ole Emily. Hehe, I really love how she calls Unibot 'Unibert'.

Nice and informative and a bit different. I found it be highly humorous in approach.

lol, I love it. Like a female stephen hawking trying to sing karaoke a capella. Good ole Emily. Hehe, I really love how she calls Unibot 'Unibert'.

Nice and informative and a bit different. I found it be highly humorous in approach.
Glad you liked it, and Emily's glad you liked her performance. :p

As much work as I am sure you put into the song, I think that should have been at the end so I could have skipped it after hearing all the real news. :p

Back