EBC Radio News Episode #1

RADIO NEWS
Episode 1

This is a bold new experiment for the EBC- a weekly news analysis podcast written by me and narrated through Alex, the built-in Text-to-Speech voice for Mac, where we at the EBC take a more in depth look at some of the major breaking news in Europeia and NationStates! All feedback is appreciated.

All episodes of EBC Radio News will be streamed here:

http://gustavusrex2010.podomatic.com

From there you can subscribe to EBC Radio News through iGoogle, iTunes, My Yahoo!, and other RSS feeds.

Here's a direct download link to listen to news on the go:

http://gustavusrex2010.podomatic.com/enclo...36_33-07_00.mp3

[HIDE=And here's the transcript if you want to read it instead! Enjoy!]Hello and welcome to EBC Radio News, a weekly series every Wednesday where we take a more in-depth look at the major breaking news in Euro and NationStates. I'm your host, Gustavus Adolphus Rex, and this is what my voice actually sounds like. Yes, I am being sarcastic. What, did you think I was actually a robot all this time? Or perhaps I am a robot?! The world may never know.

The big news this week, of course, is that election season is in full swing. There have been quite a few twists in the run-up to an election that many thought was going to simply be an easy renomination for Vinage and not much else. Vinage is running unopposed after a very strong term. That much was expected, and so the EBC calls the election for Vinage. Duh. But what has come as somewhat of a surprise is that not all the incumbent Senators are running for reelection.

Drexlore, Gustavus, and McEntire, just half the original Senate from this term, are the three incumbents. Meanwhile, Cerian Quilor, a past Senator with a strong resume, has thrown his hat in the ring, while Remsol is making his fifth attempt at the Senate. And rounding out the racing line are several legislative greenhorns- Bryan von Richtofen, Potchen, and Shadowlurker. This makes eight candidates in total.

The EBC predicts that Drexlore, Gustavus, and McEntire will be re-elected on the strength of their experience in the Senate, and that Cerian Quilor, Remsol, and Shadowlurker will be elected because of (in the case of Cerian) past experience in the Senate and experience elsewhere for the other two. Bryan von Richtofen and Potchen do not appear to have the political capital needed to make a bid for the Senate just yet, nor have they posted substantial platforms.

Meanwhile, in wider NationStates news, NationStates has made a major update- mostly to geeky backend stuff like APIs, speeding up the forums by putting them on new servers, and the like, but also allowing you to download dossiers for instance. But many have wished for changes to the telegramming system and an annexation system that would allow Europeia to create temporary protectorates out of small regions. And the General Assembly is passing an idiotic resolution on beekeeping. That looks like it will pass without much opposition. What a surprise.

This is Gustavus, signing off for EBC Radio News. See you next week![/HIDE]

But many have wished for changes to the telegramming system and an annexation system that would allow Europeia to create temporary protectorates out of small regions.

Everyone here complaining about TG's - you do realize that the 10 year anniversary of NS is coming up, right? I'll bet my left testicle we see something big rolled out for that, on the level of TG reform.

Edit: The 'robot voice' isn't doing it for me... :wacko: I like the general concept though!

That was cool. I look forward to more!

On a side note-what are your predictions for the cabinet, since Vinage released such a teaser? :p Perhaps that will have to wait for the next podcast....

But many have wished for changes to the telegramming system and an annexation system that would allow Europeia to create temporary protectorates out of small regions.

Everyone here complaining about TG's - you do realize that the 10 year anniversary of NS is coming up, right? I'll bet my left testicle we see something big rolled out for that, on the level of TG reform.

Edit: The 'robot voice' isn't doing it for me... :wacko: I like the general concept though!
Sounds like something along those lines, if the latest news update is to be believed.

Well, it's either that or my high pitched monotone sounding human voice. And yeah, they weren't subtle about saying that there were going to be changes to the TG system, but I'll wait and see what those changes are. And Elias, let's wait until after the election to make our predictions. :p

Well, it's either that or my high pitched monotone sounding human voice. And yeah, they weren't subtle about saying that there were going to be changes to the TG system, but I'll wait and see what those changes are. And Elias, let's wait until after the election to make our predictions. :p
Even Anumia and Abbey had their voices recorded for various podcasts or speeches... it can't be too much worse than that :p

Even Anumia and Abbey had their voices recorded for various podcasts or speeches... it can't be too much worse than that :p
I'll try it for next week if I have the time, but you have been warned. :p

Back