EBC Poll: The Next Term...

Results - What Do People Want Next Term?

Okay in order to try and avoid names, since I feel that kills the excitement of election day if we did a Dave vs. John poll right now, lets see what sort of person that the 13 individuals who have completed the survey. Number 13 huh? Unlucky for some....

Results will be issues in the following format...

Question

Answer - XX% [Number of times selected]

Other

- Analysis made by an anonymous individual -

Which issues do you see as being the most important next term?

Foreign Affairs - 50% [6]
Recruitment - 41.7% [5]
Welcoming - 8.3% [1]

Other responses -
  • Navy!
  • Welcoming along with Culture. We need to get people hooked in ways other than politics.
It seems that the focus for next time has been one of the main focuses of Skizzy Grey's previous term - Foreign Affairs. Closely followed is the worry that we'll see a dip in Europeia's population come next month when script recruited nations start to CTE and we have to return to our old ways to bring in new people. I find the second 'other' comment made interesting as well.

Next terms Senate should primarily focus on....

New Legislation - 30.8% [4]
Perfecting Legislation - 38.5% [5]
Executive Accountability - 7.7% [1]
Communication - 0.0% [0]
General Activity- 23.1% [3]

Interesting that perfecting legislation came above new legislation, I'd have expected that to be the other way around. Guess the comments made by Hy' have certainly made an impact on what people are thinking the Senate needs to work on during the next term. Also interesting that activity was seen as the biggest of this issues by 3 people.

Next terms City Council should primarily focus on....

New Ordnances - 0.0% [0]
New Legislation - 50.0% [6]
Perfecting Existing Legislation - 8.3% [1]
Executive/Legislative Accountability - 0.0% [0]
Communication - 8.3% [1]
General Activity- 33.3% [4]

Other Responses
  • WA Stuff
  • Poop
Don't really need to comment too much on this one as the results speak for themselves. Only thing of possible surprise is new legislation being more important than internal Governance etc via ordnances.

Desired 'history' of the President

Founding Member [E.g. HEM, Lethen]- 25.0% [3]
Long-Term Member [E.g. Sopo, CSP, Swak'] - 50.0% [6]
Experienced Member [E.g. Apollo, Vinage, JGlenn] - 75.0% [9]
Newer Member - 8.3% [1]
New President - 33.3% [4]
Recently Elected President [E.g. Rachel, CSP, Skizzy] - 25.0% [3]

Other Responses
  • Don't care.
Now this is a close! First of all it looks like an 'old guard' type President and a new member aren't too popular with the electorate. So that really leaves the Long-Term and Experienced members to fight it out for the position and, likely, we'll see a team made up of those two winning come the end. It also looks like a Recently Elected and New President aren't that big an issue for people.

Desired Traits of the President

Strong Internal Record - 61.5% [8]
Strong Foreign Affairs Record - 61.5%[8]
General Activity- 53.8% [7]
Positive Outlook- 38.5% [5]
Long-Term Planner - 61.5% [8]
Short-Term Goals - 46.2% [6]
Laid Back Approach - 23.1% [3]
Serious Nature - 30.8% [4]
Strong Communicator - 53.8% [7]

Three of them here have all come out with 8's with Activity and Communications close behind. So, what are people looking for in the President? An all-rounder it looks like... someone who's got a strong internal record, strong foreign affairs record. Is active. Will plan for the long-term and communicate their ideas to others.

Desired 'history' of the Senators

Founding Member - 33.3% [4]
Long-Term Member - 41.7% [5]
Experienced Member- 83.3% [10]
Newer Member- 66.7% [8]
New Senator - 41.7%[5]
Recently Elected Senator - 50.0% [6]

Looks like if you are an experienced member of Europeia you've got a seat waiting for you in the Senate. As well as Newer and even New members - both of which equalling or coming above long-term members. Also it looks like the New/Recently Elected issue well... doesn't exist.

Desired Traits for the Senate

Executive Accountability - 58.3%[7]
Strong Internal Record - 41.7% [5]
General Activity- 83.3% [10]
Positive Outlook- 41.7% [5]
Long-Term Planner - 41.7% [5]
Short-Term Goals - 75.0%[9]
Laid Back Approach - 25.0% [3]
Serious Nature - 33.3% [4]
Strong Communicator - 75.0% [9]

It looks like activity, communications and accountability will be the big things wanted for the next time. Activity being the biggest trait required. Interesting to see short-term goals come up pretty high here - guess a one/two term Senator is desired as well as someone who'll bring fresh ideas and perspective to the whole thing.

Final Analysis

Overall it looks like it'll be a close race with everyone concerned - activity seems to be the running theme throughout these results though and someone who is already active will find it easier than someone who promises activity. Communication as well has come up pretty high so people want active Government officials who'll communicate what they are doing regularly - likely for further accountability. It also looks like a theme is Europeia moving forward and continuing to grow. Well lets see how that goes over the next few weeks.

I suspect I'm not the only person who failed to realize the EBC was running two different polls simultaneously, which might account for the lower-than-normal participation in this one.

I'll probably have a few words to say about the subject in the coming days. For now, I'll say that I'm glad to see it has become conventional wisdom that candidates for high office ought to have a demonstrated record of high activity levels. Of course, the four declared Pres/VP candidates pass this test with flying colors, so other factors will likely decide the election.

Back