EBC Mid-Term Poll

I'm sorry but anyone who is bagging on the Navy needs to wake up. Noto and I are the only two people who have tried to raid every single week. NO ONE ELSE (except JGlenn, sometimes) comes to help. So, if you want to be mad at someone for the Navy's past failures blame yourself for not joining and actually doing something about it.
The thing is that when you are GA, your goal should be to successfully raid regions and hold them. This is an extremely difficult goal to achieve, and even when it is not achieved, than it is still alright as long as there are good attempts and participation from the military. But when the same two people raid every week in a military of 8-10 people, then we have a problem. There is no leadership influencing the soldiers to assist in raids. There is a lack of leadership in this term's Navy, and this has caused several rejected attempts at a good raid.

Because of these attempts and the lack of leadership, it is only plausible that the Navy is doing poorly, in my opinion.

There is no leadership influencing the soldiers to assist in raids. There is a lack of leadership in this term's Navy, and this has caused several rejected attempts at a good raid.

Because of these attempts and the lack of leadership, it is only plausible that the Navy is doing poorly, in my opinion.
I think Noto has shown good leadership this term; he announces a weekly raid pretty much every week and he recently said even if you're not going to be there post and tell me. And if you are you better show up, because that's happend before. Noto and I waiting on someone else and he didn't show up. Noto had to switch raids that day because without another man we only had one endorsement. With two men, like promised, we would've raided the region that he was actually prepared for. We probably would've been successful.

You can't make someone come on MSN and raid, but if they don't I think it's time to dismiss people from the Navy. Even if they have a lot of military expierence and/or hold the rank of Admiral. To be in the Navy you have to actually particpate; and we haven't seen much of that this Term and it isn't Noto's fault.

You can't make someone come on MSN and raid, but if they don't I think it's time to dismiss people from the Navy. Even if they have a lot of military expierence and/or hold the rank of Admiral.
If you're implying that I should be discharged from the Navy, you can leave now. :p

You can't make someone come on MSN and raid, but if they don't I think it's time to dismiss people from the Navy. Even if they have a lot of military expierence and/or hold the rank of Admiral.
If you're implying that I should be discharged from the Navy, you can leave now. :p
I was just saying you need to participate more in the Navy, young man, I was just hyperbolizing :p Just try to make the next one? We need some veterans going with us. :) I'd like to somehow get together 5 members willing to raid this next time (Noto and I +3)

The criticism is well deserved even if it's really hard to take. The truth is my life has pretty much fallen apart over the past few weeks. I'm here now and we'll be turning things around.

-- Notolecta took a drubbing in the by-election, so I'm actually surprised his ratings aren't worse. I'm not sure what's behind his lack of popularity -- seems like a bad rap to me.
I don't think this is anything new, for I never really have been popular among Europeians and tend to piss people off, but I never tried to be popular in the first place that just isn't important to me. I do a lot of things I know won't go over so well because I frankly could care less about some numbers; I only want to do the best I can. As for my ratings, I think that the Navy is likely misunderstood by many of those who participate in these polls, so GAs often get the short end of the stick because of this. Plus it is largely a popularity contest like others have said.

Two thoughts:

-- If Apollo is right that a house-cleaning is in order, your indifference to criticism may make you exactly the right man for the job at this moment in Europeia's history.

-- There's a difference between an unwillingness to bend on what is right for the sake of what is popular, and a unwillingness to give due consideration to the opinions of others. The former is unreservedly a good thing. The latter may be a virtue in some vocations, but when you're trying to recruit, retain and motivate a group of volunteers, you need them to buy into your vision for the endeavor. It's a fine line; make sure you stay on the correct side of it.

And Apollo, you need to stop discussing specific naval matters in public. Way, way, way too much.

I'd consider that a gag order.

Back