Speaker Swakistek: 68.9%
Senator Asperta: 58.9%
Senator Vinage: 68.3%
Senator Malashaan: 59.4%
Senator Peaceful Llamas: 58.3%

Judiciary: 72.8%

Private Comments

Presidency

CSP has done terrible this term... I won't be voting for him next time.

Everything has been done, but some things have certainly taken longer than they should have.

Foreign Affairs

Should've taken tougher stance against Unknown

Ministers

OMG I JUST LOVE MINISTER VINAGE!!!!!!!

Activity problems with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and interior.

Senate & City Council

Some of our Senators need to make more of an effort on the law reforms. City council is really lacking anything to do.

Senate is inactive and the CC is doing decently well.

CC needs to pull itself together.

The City Council is dropping yet again. There needs to be a competent Mayor.

City Council has been disappointing. What can you say about a Senate that has been reviewing legislation for the entire term?

Apollo sucked as Mayor.

Judiciary

Onder's recent call on CoR was excellent

Terrible Judicial appointments

Excellent - they are responding with great timing to anything asked, especially since Onder became CJ.

I'm in love with an Onder.

Reaction From Europeia

Viewpoint 1

Overall the separate branches of the Government can look over these with some positivity. Not a single score below 50% approval – not bad for the often fickle population. However, that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement especially from the two newer Ministers – Vinage and Notolecta. Although Culture came out slightly lower as a department, the Minister came out above the Grand Admiral by nearly 10%. Foreign Affairs, while taking a few hits earlier in the term, has come out lower than expected. However the results are consistently strong with Interior and Crist Seymour coming out at the top by some margin. Surprising since Swakistek has done a lot of hard work within Citizen Integration. The President has also been commended for their Cabinet choices and the overall direction of his Administration, however hit hard in the personal opinion polls.

For the Senate, it has received a surprisingly low approval result – especially since its work on the Law Index has been by-and-large commended. However individual Senators have also taken a bit of a hit – the previously promising Malashaan, the returning Peaceful Llamas and the evergreen Asperta. The only two Senators to come out with a respectable result are the Speaker and second-term Senator Vinage. The City Council, while the past Mayor has now been elected to Senator – the approval rating of the Council he led was a poor and the lowest result.

Finally, in light of the recent appointments and impressive work demonstrated by the Chief Justice – the Judiciary has received an impressive score and the highest approval rating from any of the branches of Government within Europeia.

Viewpoint 2

If we look to the past for indication on how this administration is doing, I’m surprised on what we find. If we look at this administration’s approval rating in comparison to the past three administrations – this one is heaps ahead. As a matter of fact, one will notice that CSP’s administration is viewed nearly 9% more favorably than Rachel’s second administration. Perhaps I’m missing something that the region is seeing but I think that things are going worse than what we saw in the past term atleast.

The President, CSP, clocks in the third worst of everyone in his entire cabinet and I am hardly surprised. If you look towards Sopo and Rachel, both seemed more inspired and active than CSP has so far this term. CSP needs to start burning the pavement up and post more if he wants to see his number bounce up. Where’s the inspiration? The motivation? The direction? Oddly enough, he’s outranking both former Presidents.

JGlenn is more active than CSP and his numbers reflect that. Ultimately, the job of the Vice President has not been interestingly utilized in sometime. This is no exception but JGlenn hasn’t done anything wrong so he remains highly regarded. I think he needs to start being just more interesting or he can kiss the Presidential dreams goodbye for the near future.

Staying with internal affairs, we have Swak. He has seen his approval rating modestly rise from last term and that’s good because that’s how we’ve seen Citizen Integration improve – modestly. His ratings, however, should still be higher. I would put Swak’s ratings higher to Crist Seymour’s because I think he’s done better than him. I think Swak needs to focus in on his improvements and just continuing them.

Vinage rates 65%. Still too high, I’ve seen very few culture developments this term. Although, looking to the past, it’s been bleak. It’s still bleak. Another Culture Minister, another failure.

The only person to be doing worse than last term – Notolecta. We were seeing quite a few missions last term; they happened nearly weekly. We haven’t see that really this term. CSP was doing 67% last term. Noto’s doing 56%. You would think the Navy could do better if CSP was so good. What Odds?

Switching gears to the legislative side. Awww. THESE are realistic ratings. It’s so refreshing to know that the region hasn’t totally lost its mind. The ratings for the Senate are pretty spot on. They’re higher than last term and that’s likely because Swak is spearheading some intense discussions. As such, his approval is the highest. Looking at the City Council…I’m sorry…It’s just…laughable. What happened? 45% earned!

The judiciary has been doing wonderfully all around. It’s no surprise they’re scoring a 78%. I think a lot of this can be attributed to Onder’s fantastic work.

I’ll bite…Why is CSP getting a free ride? This administration has been shitty. Rachel did a much better job. No one sees it, apparently. Perhaps I’m alone with my thinking but I think the region was WAY too nice this time out.

Viewpoint 3

At first glance, these numbers mean to me only one thing: popularity for Common-Sense Politics. That much is rather obvious. When we look at all of the numbers, however, we see similarly high numbers everywhere, so this very well could be (and I believe is) a case of the polling public being merciful or a tad too kind. If we look at what CSP has accomplished in the past half of a term, we don't see an amount that would inspire this much confidence. While it could be argued that no news is good news and that the ship is steady, we haven't seen an inspired performance from this administration.

One specific case that may illuminate my point is Culture, where little can be seen to have been done. Yet the Ministry itself has a 63% approval and Vinage has 65% approval. These are robust numbers in any sense. Another illustrative example is FA, which has received high marks as well. However, we have seen many FA controversies in this administration and have yet to see an update to come out of the FA Department half way through the term. The disparity between these two may be simply because they are being led by personally popular Ministers. Some Ministers even eclipse the President himself in popularity, which may be distressing to him come election time (depending on their ambition).

That is not to say that the work that has been done this term is not laudable. In every Ministry, there has been steady work. Clearly CSP is bringing in a wave of stability and general satisfaction with the government, and that is necessarily a good thing. More scrutiny is also a good thing, and that's sort of the asterisk on this poll, at least for the Executive.

In terms of the Senate, there is wide approval, although not as wide as under Oliver's Speakership. This may suggest disapproval at the way the law reforms are being handled, or could just suggest that there's less enthusiasm for the Legislative this term. Either is plausible. Regardless, the Senators have relatively high approval ratings, although it is notable that among the lowest is Asperta, a popular official from times past. This may be indicative of a larger trend. With CSP facing a closer than expected election against Crist Seymour, Asperta among the lower in popularity, and newer members such as JGlenn rating very highly in this poll, there may be a new power center: newer members. Only time will tell if this bears out.

The Judiciary seems to be riding high, and I suspect this is because of the popularity of newly elected Chief Justice OnderKelkia. The recent Skizzy Grey post commending his opinion may have been a contributing factor in the sky-high approval ratings of the Judiciary.

Due to the fact that all of these numbers are somewhat higher than normal, the real story here is for trouble for those who have low approval. While Notolecta's 56% as Grand Admiral is respectable, it is lower than any other Minister and may indicate personal unpopularity (as the Navy itself isn't really suffering the same bad polling). The obvious loser here is the only entity to have received less than 50% approval: the City Council. The disorganization and many fiascos appear to be catching up to Europeia's third lay-legislative body. While it has never been a very popular institution, these numbers are in stark contrast to general optimism about the government, which makes it all the more interesting that the leader of the City Council was just elected to the Senate.

Bottom line: the government is very popular and people seem to be excited about this term. This is good for Europeia, although complacency is always in the discussion whenever satisfaction is this high. We cannot become complacent. Besides causing us to do less work, complacency diminishes any opposition to the President, which may be harmful to the region in the long run. It's only a matter of time before some sort of opposition forms, especially if we're planning on having contested elections in a month. So these numbers are both good and bad for the region, but are mostly good. People are rightfully excited about where we're going, and Europeia is looking to have a fantastic 2012.

Final Comments

Overall, the results appear to show satisfaction with the government, but not excitement. the city council faired worst of all the divisions of government, Getting the only score below 50%. This is hardly surprising given the relatively low activity level of they institution. In fact, perceivable activity appears to have been the driving factor in how both individuals and groups performed

A - huge - thank you to Seymour for running this Poll and collecting all the viewpoints, data & just doing a fantastic job with this.

This is very interesting, although in terms of looking at my own ratings, I find the Viewpoints far more useful than the numbers themselves.

Polls are fun to look at, but don't really have that much of an effect on the way I go about my business. What makes a more significant difference is when individuals give me their own comments- suggestions, criticisms, everything- and I'd love to see more people do that, if they could.

There's some pretty heavy criticism coming down on CSP here in contradiction (virtually in spite, it seems) of his poll numbers. Perhaps the majority of Europeia understands the customary slowness during the holiday period, which the author does not appreciate?

These are always fun, even if you believe (as I do) that the numbers are ultimately meaningless. Some observations:

-- CSP did better in the pre-election polls than in the election itself. Now, he's doing better in the polls than he is among the detailed commenters -- whom I presume Vinage chose with an eye toward representativeness. Perhaps CSP is slightly more popular among citizens who participate in off-site polls than he is among the citizenry as a whole.

-- Notolecta took a drubbing in the by-election, so I'm actually surprised his ratings aren't worse. I'm not sure what's behind his lack of popularity -- seems like a bad rap to me.

-- Leaving aside Seymour, because Interior's performance is readily measurable, the Cabinet's approval rankings look like exactly what you'd get from a popularity contest.

-- EBC might consider moving to the 0-100 scale that Aftermath and others have used for presidential approvals, rather than the binary "approve/disapprove" question that produced these results. We're dealing with small sample sizes here, so we should try (imo) to extract as much nuance from each respondent as the format will allow.

Thanks to Vinage and the EBC team for pulling this together.

CSP - has been fine this Term I don't understand why people rated him so low.

JGlenn - Has been a great VP and I hope to see him there next term as well.

Navy - Has been okay
FA - has been great dealing with Unknown and TKR.

Interior - Great. The first week we gained 80 nations and have been hovering around 1,000 ever since.

Culture - Led by Vinage and he's been doing some great work.

CI - Has done pretty well.

Senate - Has been great this term

CC - "Apollo sucked as Mayor"

I'm going to admit that I did and leave it at that.

Judiciary - Has been great

CSP didn't get that low.

Look at the previous two President's approval %, he's actually pretty high.

Admin. Approval:
Sopo - 44.7
Rachel - 50.0
CSP - 67.1

(too lazy to post entire comparisons

Rachel's Poll
Sopo's Poll

Wow a lot of work goes into this - congratulations to our highly approved-of officeholders! I'm really impressed by the amount of thought put in by the EBC, and the viewpoints you suggested seem to be rather more incisive than those written about RL politics. Congratulations are therefore due to you, as well. Everybody wins, right? :D

-- Notolecta took a drubbing in the by-election, so I'm actually surprised his ratings aren't worse. I'm not sure what's behind his lack of popularity -- seems like a bad rap to me.
I don't think this is anything new, for I never really have been popular among Europeians and tend to piss people off, but I never tried to be popular in the first place that just isn't important to me. I do a lot of things I know won't go over so well because I frankly could care less about some numbers; I only want to do the best I can. As for my ratings, I think that the Navy is likely misunderstood by many of those who participate in these polls, so GAs often get the short end of the stick because of this. Plus it is largely a popularity contest like others have said.

I'm sorry but anyone who is bagging on the Navy needs to wake up. Noto and I are the only two people who have tried to raid every single week. NO ONE ELSE (except JGlenn, sometimes) comes to help. So, if you want to be mad at someone for the Navy's past failures blame yourself for not joining and actually doing something about it.

Now, a bit of Propaganda to lighten the spirit.

:euro: :euro: JOIN THE EUROPEIAN REPUBLICAN NAVY TODAY! :euro: :euro:

:gun::gun: Blow the lame Fendas out of the sky! :violentgun::violentgun:

:euro: DO YOUR PART TO HELP EUROPEIA and Join THE EUROPEIAN REBUPLICAN NAVY TODAY! :euro:

Back