EBC Eurolympics Coverage

Europeian Olympics Coverage
From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.
Keeping Europeians and the world informed since 2009.

Day #1 - Badminton

It's day one here over at HEM Park where the athletes have been pouring in and getting ready for what is expected to be a big event. It's one that has been marked on the calendars for years, athletes, organisers and even fans have been waiting and now that comes to an end. Badminton has been an Olympic sport since '92 and has been dominated by Far-East athletes since that first appearance.

In these games we have two brothers, who've not always had a good relation, and a rising star. We also have a random guy.... brought off the street in order to make up the numbers. Not too sure what his real name is but he says he's a decent player. I'm not sure about that one though. Bookies have made Brad favorite to win this contest with Scott expected to come in second. Experience seeing out youth.

So, let's get over there now and see how its going...

I'm shocked that Random Guy did so well. :emb:

From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.

Day #2 - Individual Target Archery

Day two and might I just say it is a glorious day over in HEM Park. We are expecting a capacity crowd to see what looks like a group of OAPs and one Robin Hood impersonator attempt to win Eurolympic Gold. Where do we find these guys seriously?

Up first we'll have the ranking matches to determine who is against two for the head to heads and, finally, the medal matches. So it is going to be a busy day for our four athletes. Let's head right on over and check out the action....

Well we've got a little breeze coming over the green, nothing too much but I'm worried about that Chester falling over or catching a cold out there.... and check out that wild card entrant! Is that a crossbow I see him bringing over? Dear oh dear.... looks like the umpire has had to go explain that this isn't a renascence fair. Okay we are about to get under way.... just before we do let's grab a few customary shots of random women we pick out of the crowd.

What lovelies we have today! Now then here come our archers ready to get us under way. Bill to fire first and to, hopefully, not cause any injuries.

[hide=Ranking Round]Rank, Name, Points, # of 10s, # of X's
1 Chester Burton 652 20 1
2 Alexander Jameson 648 20 4
3 Reginald "Casanova" Jones 643 15 1
4 Bill Eye 625 8 3[/hide]

A close competition so far with only 9 separating 3rd and 1st. It's looking like this one might come right down to the wire and who blinks first between these guys. Chester will play off against Bill while Alexander has Reginald... first though the routine drugs [and booze in the case of Reginald] testings.
Round #1

Chester Burton 110–106 Bill Eye

Quite an easy win for Chester who, again, was consistent around the bulls eye. His opponent Bill couldn't really fire off a streak and after those two wide 4's it was always going to be a big ask for the wildcard to come back. Bill will face off for the Bronze medal while Chester moves onto the Gold.

Reginald "Casanova" Jones 108–112 Alexander Jameson

And Robin Hood has done it! He's managed to eek out what was a decent scoring match. The crosswind picked up a bit and caused some troubles but these two kept their cool and fired off some impressive 10s. Reginald passed his testings earlier as well so will face Bill for the Bronze. Alexander vs. Chester for the Gold!
Medal Round

Bronze Medal Match
Reginald "Casanova" Jones 109–109 Bill Eye (tiebreak: 10–9)

First up we have our Bronze medal clash between these two old stewards. What a game though! Both archers were off target more than on it and it really could have gone either way. Needing a tiebreak to split these two Reginald has pulled it out of the bag with a beautiful 10 when Bill could only hit a 6. Bronze goes to Reginald!

Gold Medal Match
Chester Burton 108–113 Alexander Jameson

As the sun starts to fall these two have come out to give the crowd a show it won't forget. Attempting to rebuild the sport when you are nearly 60 can't be an easy task and, well, it just didn't go Chester's way. On arrow two his shot went stray and from there things turned south for the old man. Alexander outclassed him from then on and has come away with the gold! Beautiful scenes as this odd man wearing hose collects his medals and the national anthem of Sherwood Forest rings over the stadium.

That's all for today then here as HEM park. Congratulations to Alexander who's come away with the gold and well played to Chester on his silver. Might be the last time we see him at these Eurolympics sadly.

What an upset! Casanova Jones only came away with Bronze?!? flail.gif

Day #3 - Beach Volleyball

What a beautiful day it is today here as HEM Park, we are over on McEntire Beach for the six matches we are going to see today. Back to a league system with each team playing against each other and the best over the course coming up on top. We've got some lovely golden sands on the go so let's get down there and check out how it's going....

Well we've got a right mix here today, two non-humans from some place called Hell. We've got some Random Douches who are, pretty much, pro athletes and some people from Romanistein? -Stak? -tekistan? Oh who cares! Let's just check out those.... Oh what's that? *murmurs can be heard in the commentators ears* We've got no what?!? Great... well we are in for a treat. We've got a Beach Volleyball competition with no women. *sigh* Great.

Day #4 - 200 Meters Freestyle

One day left of the Eurolympics here at HEM Park and we are over at Swakistek Pool to see the crowning achievement for swimmers everywhere.... the 200 meters Freestyle. The pool is set, the crowd roaring and the athletes... awful. What more did we expect really?

Out they come, Shaun Fish.... TE Hughes.... Erick O'Brien and finally Rhonda "The Rotund" Robinson. My... my what do we have here? They've had to reinforce the starting block for Rhonda due to her... umm.... girth. Oh well they are getting set and let's prepare ourselves for the start of this one.

*BANG*

And they are off! What a leap by Fish who's powering right down there. O'Brien is trying something... unique out there and I'm not sure I'd call that a freestyle swim. Rhonda? Well I'm shocked there is water in that pool but she's off... just about. Mmm she might take a while.

So we are coming up to the first touch and it is close between Fish and Hughes, there is less than a second between them but it remains to be seen if Fish has the ability to keep this going. Erick's turning and... still flailing around but he is moving which is more than what can be said for Rhonda!

Okay here we go... final straight we've got Hughes, Fish, Erick then Ronda... though those two can be ruled out. They are powering it down, Hughes does not want to give this up but what's this?!?! Fish is going... he is going.... my watch this guy swim! We knew if he had the power he could bring it out come the end and he's done just that. He's torn a hole... give this guy the gold he's done it! Fish has done it! He took the lead, kept pace and had enough in the tank to come on through.

Hughes has touched in and the two share their delight with each other. O'Brien's finally made it in for a bronze, fair play to him and.... well she's moving at least. Yeah I think we are going to have to cut this to the commercials and come back next time. Hopefully we don't have a fatality here.

Final Results

Shaun Fish (Vinage) 1:44.95
T.E. Hughes (Lethen) 1:45.48
Erick O'Brien (Seven Deaths) 2:07.68
Rhonda "The Rotund" Robinson (Sopo) 3:46.30

Damn, T.E. Hughes must've lost by a man's length.

Day #5 - 100 Meters Running

And we are back again to HEM Park and on the HEM track for the big event. The main piece... the one we've all been waiting for. The 100 Meters. We've got a bet made by a mental institute.... an Office of the law and someone with a name so long I am going to call her Tina Ssssssssssss. Anyway let's get right down trackside for this one.

*Ready.... set....*

*BANG*

And they are off.... and it is over what a race! Wow. That was something special. I... okay I cannot tell you who is the winner of this one by the eye so lets get on with that replay.

Right, so we've got Marlon and Lethen bursting out of the gates. They look gone at this point and Tina is just a bit behind. Insane is off the gate slower but is not far off the leaders. Lethen maintains his pace while Marlon starts to lose a bit and Insane is just tearing it up the middle... with twenty left we see the burners on Insane switch and he's off like a rocket. Lethen's still keeping up but Marlon ends up just behind. Chasing up fourth is Tina, not far off, but enough to tell. We are... yeah! I cannot believe this. I've been doing this job for a week and a bit and I have never seen something like this before. We don't have one but we have two Eurolympic champions! Two fastest men in the world? That is something special...

Though does make me wonder if Insane will still be let free.

Final Results

1 Insane Colt (Vinage) 9.91
- Lethen Anumia (Lethen) 9.91
2 Officer Marlon Brando (Seven Deaths) 9.94
3 Tina Sherwetzergergenboylewiczs (Sopo) 9.97

Shortly thereafter, Lethen was taken hostage. :p

Back