EBC Doctor Who Review

EBC TV Lounge:
Doctor Who

Part of the EBC Review Lounge Series​

Ah, Westerns. They are one of my favorite genre's right next to sci-fi and action. So many good westerns have been made. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly; Unforgiven, True Grit; Wild, Wild, West; the list goes on and on. So when I heard that this Doctor Who was going to be set in the Old American West, I was excited. It also meant that the Doctor would be wearing a stetson again, and as we all know, Stetsons are cool.

Once again, no spoilers in the review, so that you can watch it for yourself.

So, the episode starts out with some cyborg about to kill some guy. The Cyborg then asks the guy if he is the last one left to which the man says no, and that The Doctor is the only one left. We then see The Doctor, Amy, and Rory outside an old west town that has a little inch high fence of wood and rocks surrounding it. Thinking nothing of it, the gang goes in to see that the town has electric lights. They enter a bar where the patrons learn that he is an alien doctor and that is what the cyborg wants. So the town makes him go outside across the fence but then the sheriff tells The Doctor to come back in. They then head into the jail, where they meet the true alien doctor. So, it's up to The Doctor and crew to try and help this mystery doctor from being killed by the Cyborg and to learn who or what the Cyborg really is.

This episode was pretty good, but not great. In it, we got to see how The Doctor act's when he hasn't been traveling with companions for a while and how Amy really feels about traveling now. Not a bad episode overall, so I will be giving it 4 stars out of 5.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly; Unforgiven, True Grit; Wild, Wild, West; the list goes on and on.
How the hell does Wild, Wild West make it into that list? If you want a fun Western from the same year, go with Maverick starring Mel Brooks.

And the town marshall is played by Ben Browder. Fairly well, too. That guy is an awesome actor.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly; Unforgiven, True Grit; Wild, Wild, West; the list goes on and on.
How the hell does Wild, Wild West make it into that list? If you want a fun Western from the same year, go with Maverick starring Mel Brooks.

And the town marshall is played by Ben Browder. Fairly well, too. That guy is an awesome actor.
It's a joke, that's why it's on the list. ^_^

It's a joke, that's why it's on the list. ^_^
Hey! Despite Wild, Wild West despite its goofiness...:D

Racist jokes...:)

Sexist jokes...:unsure:

And wildly inaccurate history...grrr... flail.gif

Well, I still like it. :p

And we've already established what your flaws are. :p

And we've already established what your flaws are. :p
You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK ^_^
Oh wow, you apparently have taste too. :p

This episode was good but certainly not great. I give it 3 stars. Again, I ask of you, WHERE THE HELL WAS RIVER SONG!? This would have been the best episode for her to be on. The Wild West with guns? This is exactly the problem I have with River. They spend so much time playing up who she is blah blah blah, but she's never consistent and she's never there unless it is to advance a plot that no one understands. I'd like her much more if they left her on for more than 2 episodes in a row...

Back