EBC By-Election Debate - Citizen's Comments

[centre]
EBC Debate - Citizen's Comments
From the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation, one of Europeia’s premier Media groups.
Keeping Europeians and the world informed since 2009.

JGlenn-Sopo Debate[/centre]

As can be seen here the two candidates for the open seat for the By-Election to the Senate have been battling it away and debating their views. I ask for citizens of Europeia to either leave their questions for the two candidates here, best ones asked to the candidates under the Debate's rules, or offer their views to the Candidates answers and replies.

So... citizens of Europeia. What do you think about their opening statements?

At this point there's really no excuse for you messing up simple coding, Vinage. :p

I've lightly skimmed them both. So, I'm not qualified for an opinion yet. But I will read them soon... :p

At this point there's really no excuse for you messing up simple coding, Vinage.  :p
Where's the failed coding? :unsure:
It's 'align=center' and then '/align'. Say it with me, mate.
*remains confused*

It's
Code:
[centre] - [/centre]

Or if you mean 'Why was the opening post edited??' - that was for me to be able to stick in the URL to the other topic :p
Well that code doesn't work on my screen.

At this point there's really no excuse for you messing up simple coding, Vinage.  :p
*remains confused*

It's
Code:
[centre] - [/centre]

Or if you mean 'Why was the opening post edited??' - that was for me to be able to stick in the URL to the other topic :p
Fix your computer ASAP :p

*remains confused*

It's
Code:
[centre] - [/centre]

What we can all take away from this is that England sucks.

*remains confused*

It's
Code:
[centre] - [/centre]

While America takes it up the rear? :eek:rly:

*remains confused*

It's
Code:
[centre] - [/centre]

What's wrong with that? :creepy:

*remains confused*

It's
Code:
[centre] - [/centre]

What's wrong with that? :creepy:
I'll be round in twenty.

Though seriously. Apologies for the thread-jack of myself. Blame CSP

As the candidates are currently debating how far the Senate should go as accounting for the Executive - what do you think? Should the Senate be proactive or reactive?

Most definitely proactive. I'm officially on LoA and my stats exam is in less than 4 hours, but I have some time to procrastineuro...:

There is a particular subsection in the new Constitution that allows the President the freedom to give people "copies" of his powers. Notably, this freedom is subject to law. This area should be legislated, yet there is no movement on this front. Secondly, a few Acts were passed (I think) with the promise to look over them post-reform. Now my memory is a little hazy as to whether such passed Acts exist but if they do, they should be discussed.

Fwiw, history has not kindly judged past legislative attempts to interfere with the prerogatives of the executive branch. I'm thinking in particular of the Senates during the administrations of Anumia and Sopo.

Most people here understand that power must go hand-in-hand with responsibility. Therefore, Europeians have historically not taken kindly to people who aren't responsible for delivering results using their power to interfere with those who do have such responsibility. In the case of an abject failure by the executive branch, it is the Senate's responsibility to hold a vote of no confidence and trigger early elections, but thankfully, we have seldom had administrations so inept that such an extreme step was warranted.

Fwiw, history has not kindly judged past legislative attempts to interfere with the prerogatives of the executive branch. I'm thinking in particular of the Senates during the administrations of Anumia and Sopo.

Most people here understand that power must go hand-in-hand with responsibility. Therefore, Europeians have historically not taken kindly to people who aren't responsible for delivering results using their power to interfere with those who do have such responsibility. In the case of an abject failure by the executive branch, it is the Senate's responsibility to hold a vote of no confidence and trigger early elections, but thankfully, we have seldom had administrations so inept that such an extreme step was warranted.
And not all of them were inept. :p

Since the two candidates are debating it.....

Should the Senate re-review some of the unpopular Acts passed via the Law Reforms?

Or should this wait for the next Senate?

I just want to apologize for continuing the 1st question after the second was asked.

Back