EBC Audio/Visual Contest

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the first ever EBC Audio/Visual Contest! On this thread you can submit anything artistic you create yourself. It could be a comic strip, a video, an audio clip, anything you would like to share with your fellow Europeians that is creative.

The Contest Closes December 20, 2013.

-Rules-

1.No more than three entries per entrant.

2. No material that violates forum rules.

3. Group entries are allowed.

4. More than 75% of work completed must be done by the official entrants, and those entrants must be registered on the Europeian forums(diplomats from other regions are welcome to compete). If any work is done by outside sources, it must be noted.

5. The submission does not have to be made from the start of the contest until the deadline, it can be something that has been done in the past.

Good luck to all participants. The prize is a tour of Anumia's personal statue garden. There are some real beauties in there, you don't want to miss out.

Submissions:

Zenny - The Story of Anumia....Retold by MsZennyPenny(Video)

What does this mean?

4. More than 75% of work completed must be done by the official entrants, and those entrants must be registered on the Europeian forums(diplomats from other regions are welcome to compete). If any work is done by outside sources, it must be noted.

Well I assume most entries will be 100% done by the entrant. The 75% clause is in case you get someone from the real world to help you with something small, or if you were to include a clip from an outside source inside your own material, or something of that nature. I'm trying to set a standard that most, if not all, work is to be done by the entrant, but I want to be lenient for special circumstances. Does that make more sense SD?

Kraketopia said:
Well I assume most entries will be 100% done by the entrant. The 75% clause is in case you get someone from the real world to help you with something small, or if you were to include a clip from an outside source inside your own material, or something of that nature. I'm trying to set a standard that most, if not all, work is to be done by the entrant, but I want to be lenient for special circumstances. Does that make more sense SD?
So if a new work is a derivative of existing work, it's disqualified? Or is it 25% unedited?

Well that's where you're starting to cross a grey line. I'm fine with work that's derivative, as long as the editing plays a key role in the presentation of the work. For example if you're making a comedic video and you're using clips from tv shows to make something humorous, and the humour is in how they're compiled, then that's fine. If you're just showing me a bunch of funny clips, that's not. Does that make sense? The main part of the work, the part you do, is the part that should make the work shine. If you have a specific example you need clarified, don't be afraid to ask.

Okay, so... What if I were taking a script from an existing show and reenacting it with someone else and recording it. Would that not meet the criteria?

Nobody's even making hints about entering the contest? Not even to boast, or encourage others? You guys suck :p

Kraketopia said:
Nobody's even making hints about entering the contest? Not even to boast, or encourage others? You guys suck :p
I want to, but I'll wait until later and see if I can make something better.

If that's the only entry you might just win. Think of what all you'll be able to do in Anumia's garden. He keeps some hot statues in there, hotter than the girls of Chive.

Kraketopia said:
If that's the only entry you might just win. Think of what all you'll be able to do in Anumia's garden. He keeps some hot statues in there, hotter than the girls of Chive.
Ha.......
Now Im actually going to xD

Note from the admins, embedding flash is disabled, and for security reasons we are not inclined to enable it. So, for the purposes of this competition, you will need to present your work in the form of links to the external website you host it (e.g., youtube or vimeo). Apologies for the inconvenience.

No worries, setting up a youtube account is easy enough. Great video Zenny, it's so far the contender for the no. 1 spot. Everything about it seemed fairly factual, although I'm surprised Anumia waited twenty years to buy a barbee.

Back