E-Poll: City Council Reform - Results

Ladies and gentlemen,

Here are the results from the very first EuroPoll.

E-Poll: City Council Reform

Number of participants: 24

1. Are you currently a member of the City Council?

Yes: 54.2%

No: 45.8%

2. Do you feel that you are well-informed with regards to the reform current being discussed in the City Council?

Yes: 66.7%

No: 33.3%

3. How do you feel about the prospect of City Council reform?

Very optimistic: 25%

Somewhat optimistic: 41.7%

Neutral: 12.5%

Somewhat pessimistic: 12.5%

Very pessimistic: 8.3%

4. Mayor Swakistek, in discussing reform, had this to say: "The reason I want the City Council to be rebranded with a new name, a seal and lots of high quality work is to basically turn us around from being seen as the red-headed, somewhat slow step-child of the Senate, to be almost on equal footing with them. Ideally, I'd see us even more well-placed than the Senate, so that new and experienced members alike feel proud of just being a part of the City Council." How much do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Strongly agree: 37.5%

Somewhat agree: 29.2%

Neutral: 4.2%

Somewhat disagree: 20.8%

Strongly disagree: 8.3%

5. Common-Sense Politics, in discussing reform, had this to say: "I wouldn't support any terminology which suggests this body is more than it is, an unelected and open lay legislative body. So for me, words like "congress", "parliament", etc are out. ." How much do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Strongly agree: 58.3%

Somewhat agree: 25.0%

Neutral: 8.3%

Somewhat disagree: 4.2%

Strongly disagree: 4.2%

Survey Analysis:

Overall, people feel somewhat optimistic about City Council reform; which show that most people support it. Some people went so far to say that "The City council is the place where ALL citizens are welcome and respected and can express their opinion about legislation unlike the Senate (which has turned into a "Good Ole Boy's club")."

While another seemingly 'neutral' survey participant said this "Changing ascetics will never change the actual function or efficiency of an entity."

There you have it folks, Swakistek seems to be getting a big 'thumbs up' from the people of this region. That should be a sign to the Senate, that it is time to pass the City Assembly Act.

Remsol
Secretary of Media

Any thumbs up for me is just as much a thumbs up to all of the Councillors, particularly the members of my leadership team, so you should all be proud of your work. :)

Cheers for the interesting survey and analysis! It all looks good apart from the slight snipe towards the Senate at the latter end - I still completely disagree that the Senate is a 'Good ol' boys' Club since we've got 2 never-before Senators in this term.

Other than that, pretty much expected results.

Cheers for the interesting survey and analysis! It all looks good apart from the slight snipe towards the Senate at the latter end - I still completely disagree that the Senate is a 'Good ol' boys' Club since we've got 2 never-before Senators in this term.

Also, the Senate can't be an old boys club until I'm back in it. :p

Yeah yeah, ^_^ but it is important that I also show the other side of what was said.

*And just so everyone knows; I did not participate in this poll.

Yeah yeah, ^_^ but it is important that I also show the other side of what was said.

Yeah, pretty much this. Somebody else said it, not Remsol.

There were so many written responses you could have included. :violentgun:

But otherwise good.

I didn't say he did :p

I didn't say he did :p
It sounded like it. :violentgun:

There were so many written responses you could have included. :violentgun:

But otherwise good.
There were - but just because there are many, doesn't mean you should include a bunch.

I showed the ones that had the most substance in them that showed an overall consensus of the topic at hand.

And, Vinage, Gus, I was worried people were going to think that was me!

These responses seem vaguely contradictory. We want CC to be on par with, perhaps more prestigious, than the Senate, yet we also don't want to call it a "parliament" for fear it begins to look like a lay legislature. Fascinating insights.

While a lot of the responses that were written were utter crap (trolls :p), there were a good variety that illustrated the contrast of views. I would have included them.

Bam. :ph43r: I'm too lazy to actually copy and paste them.

While a lot of the responses that were written were utter crap (trolls :p), there were a good variety that illustrated the contrast of views. I would have included them.

Bam. :ph43r: I'm too lazy to actually copy and paste them.
Sure, those few were nice and all, but my idea of running a media outlet is that I refuse to use substance 'fillers'.

It is better to keep things short and concise, rather than long, boring, repetitive, and broad. ^_^

Filler? I hardly think that interweaving commentary with analysis is filler. If anything, its more interesting for the reader and provides more clarity. If I'm reading an analysis article, I prefer actual analysis and interesting things. Not the copy/paste voting results and a paragraph long analysis. :p

Back