Despite a Victory, ERN Receives Trenchant Remarks

Despite a Victory, ERN Receives Trenchant Remarks
By Writinglegend

(Europeia – September 15, 2017) – Last major, the Europeian Republican Navy (ERN) completed a successful tag of 'Where Are the Other Nerds', a founderless region with one endorsement. In the victory announcement titled The ERNerds are Here, Grand Admiral Calvin Coolidge would note eight ERN Sailors attended the update. Eight updaters for an update operation is a remarkable feat that shows the display of update capabilities from our Independent military. Two Europeians used the victory announcement to lay down trenchant remarks regarding the usage of the ERN during the major update.

"You had 8 people online for this raid and you hit one single region with a delegate that had just one endorsement," Senator Festvao jabbed in response to the victory announcement, ending off his comment with a sarcastic quip to hit home his point. "Okay then."

Such a comment received a harsh response from former Grand Admiral Kylia Quilor, who let her exasperation of the situation show. "We know what you think of the ERN." Kylia is referencing a prior debate on the topic of military update activity that occurred during Senate confirmation hearings of former president Cat's cabinet nominations.

In the thread within Discussion Forum on Senate Matters for the confirmation hearings, long time raider and Optio of The Roman Empire Vac lambasted the state of ERN update operations. "If you go into past raid reports from Euro none of the raids outside of the few large holds this region has led have not been meaningful targets [sic]." Vac was critical of Grand Admiral Calvin Coolidge's update operation philosophy due to the limited "tagging" during the updates.

Kylia Quilor and Senator Skizzy Grey both then came to the defense of Grand Admiral Calvin Coolidge, arguing that tagging dozens of regions held little value for our republic. Senator Festavo would come to the defense of Vac in that previous discussion, arguing that such tagging would enable better training for our sailors.

Due to these previous comments, it was no surprise that Vac jumped into the debate happening on the ERN victory announcement. "If I had 8 people show up for me in a night, we would be raiding all night," Vac stated, referencing his philosophy of "tagging dozens of regions" which he argued for during Cat's cabinet confirmation hearings.

Communications Minister and ERN Active Duty participant JayDee jumped to the defense of the operation, noting that Europeia is not a raider region and asserting that Festavo and Vac were judging the ERN on inoperable metrics. This received push-back from Vac, who said, "I'm well aware Euro isn't a raider region," but would later add that, "Fest and I have our own opinions on how a military should operate."

Vice Chancellor and former presidential candidate Brunhilde then interjected in the discussion, insisting that this operation did not show effectiveness or value as a military partner. "There's not much to be proud of when "showing our skill" consists of hitting a single target with a small number of endorsements by ourselves," she asserted. "I don't see how that shows our effectiveness or makes us a more attractive military partner."

The EBC approached Senator Festavo for comment on the situation, in which we received a reply. "The ERN has been described by our President as the best in the game at taking regions," he stated, pushing his belief that the ERN has failed to live up to the promoted hype. "I want to see a more efficient ERN that hits better regions and more of them. I want an ERN that is truly the best in the game at taking regions."

When the EBC approached Kylia Quilor for comment, she shunned the "false metric" that was being used by Festavo and Vac. "The ERN comes from a different school of thought re: raiding and we aren't concerned with some sort of 'who can hit the most regions in a night' contest."

Calvin Coolidge would, too, provide a quote to our writer who approached him. "Watching the victory announcements is not the whole picture," he stated, providing brief information about the possibility that more targets were stacked. "While we aim for higher endorsement count targets when possible, it's not always practical."

There is primed to be much discussion on the issue in the coming days and weeks ahead. Despite the comments, the ERN will continue to be a major force at the updates in representing the skill and ability of our sailors abroad. Time will tell if there is any alteration to the ERN's update operations.

Snowball said:
"I didn't know that TRE created tag raiding."- sorry what?
Fest, the amount of viable regions with no founder is supprisingly low.
Just sayn
Your attitude seems to imply that you think TRE invented tag raiding and therefore any instance of rag raiding is instantly paying homage to the great roman gods.

Do me a favor and take a look at a spyglass sheet once. You will then realize the inaccuracy of your statement.

I just want to note how this is a great news story.

I really hate that this has been marginalized by banishment into a sub-forum as an “update.” It’s not an update – there is no such thing as an update. There is news, and this is a news article covering regional current events, incorporating multiple points of view. This is actual journalism.

With 20 replies before mine, this news story has generated much greater discussion and engagement than the so-called High Return Media articles posted so far this term. The “A New Face in Goldenblock,” which has been characterized as an “update” as well, resides in the full EBC forum simply because the sub-forum was not yet ready. That article has 19 replies.

The HRM articles posted have received 5 and 2 replies respectively. The recently posted culture article is up to 9, still less than half of the hard news articles posted in the “update” section.

It is time to retire this “update” section and return to “one EBC” that covers news. Hard news articles are journalism and generate engagement and discussion. It is time for them to return to their proper place in the full EBC.

Festavo said:
I am very glad that this has generated so much discussion and debate.
The fact that a single post can create so much is activity is amazing

Siol Alse said:
Snowball said:
Festavo said:
This is nothing compared to when Vert tried to abolish the OSC :p
Or when Rach and Company tried... and unfortunately suceeded at revoking Honored Citizenship Speaking Rights.

Kylia Quilor said:
Siol Alse said:
Snowball said:
Festavo said:
This is nothing compared to when Vert tried to abolish the OSC :p
Or when Rach and Company tried... and unfortunately suceeded at revoking Honored Citizenship Speaking Rights.
Lets not talk about that :p :ph43r:

Back