Deceit of Defenderism

Rather nonsensically so, because a reasonable person having read this thread, as you have just provided a demonstration of, does not have cause to, at first glance, object to my remarks on the grounds she has, certainly not compared to those of others (although there are of course other legitimate lines of argument that can be used against them).

I presume the President referred to Hyanygo, despite the speech being after what he said. Onder has done nothing but honourably (and determinedly) argue his point of view, and the views of many others besides.

Please don't make me write a third speech from this office about basically being nice and reasonable. Click here.
I think threads like these are pretty much the price you pay for having a region that is open and tolerant to all philosophies on the raider/defender spectrum. People who disagree will meet, and they will argue about it.
Asking to play won't stop it.

Please don't make me write a third speech from this office about basically being nice and reasonable. Click here.
I think threads like these are pretty much the price you pay for having a region that is open and tolerant to all philosophies on the raider/defender spectrum. People who disagree will meet, and they will argue about it.
Ty just made...the most profoundly true statement in this entire thread.

Ty just made...the most profoundly true statement in this entire thread.
It's always tough to strike the right balance between candor and civility. Those who have been here a while know I typically err on the side of the former. :)

That doesn't make civility unimportant, however, and I'm glad the President said what she did. And although I don't normally divulge any details of my private conversations with the President, I can report that I saw a draft of her statement something like 12-24 hours before she posted it in Goldenblock. Therefore, I would encourage everyone to take her statement in the spirit in which it was intended, and not as a riposte to any poster (or group of posters) in particular.

If the statement is general rather than specific, then there was no need for the president to post it in this thread (and not just in this thread, but at a specific moment some time after she originally posted the statment). If the statement is about this thread, then it is undeniably about a specific group of posters, contrary to what you have said.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Look guys, stop being cawks. There we go. And ugh, the overanalysing we could use you in the Senate.

Back