former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
HEM Tiberius
Chief Administrator

For the last few months, we have had an internal debate within the administrative team on the composition of...the team. We have had strong disagreements on both sides, but as Chief Administrator, the ability and duty to decide those who have admin lies solely and fully with myself.

A few days ago, an Lethen ignored a direct order for Asianatic to continue as an admin. This is not the first instance of this action, and it dismayed me that it had occurred again.

Asianatic has agreed to step down. Life has grown hectic, and I wish her well. However, as much as I may seek advise and agreement...there should be no doubt -- admin is granted to those who I say so. As root administrator, it is my responsibility to decide who to trust. End of story.

Hence Lethen shall be suspended as an administrator for ninety six hours. The current administrative team is below for reference.

Thank you.

Chief Admin: HEM Tiberius
Technical and Coding Administrator: R3n
Masking and Citizenship Administrator: Lethen
Security Administrator: NES

Huzzah for exercising authority!

It's important to maintain a cohesive admin team, and I hope this all works out for the best. Thanks again for your continued work, guys, and thanks particularly for all of Aurora's work.

This is actually a decision I agree fully with- all parts of it. My retirement from NS has been some time in coming now (if not already arrived), and my presence has been for some time now unfair to other members of the administrator team. I doubly appreciate HEM's steps to rectify the matter, and his statement here.

Thank you, HEM. :)

I imagine he must have decided he didn't have time to be an Admin, or otherwise didn't want to do the job.

Lethen has a propensity for doing what he feels is right, on impulse, and he usually won't take no for an answer. Indeed, whatever the answer is, Leth is usually convinced that it is wrong if it does not agree to his theory on the subject. But thank God he is like that, because without him, these changes (which should have been made at least 3 months ago) probably wouldn't have been done till after Christmas. Our beloved Chief Administrator would much prefer to procrastinate and attempt to please everyone, than actually do something. God forbid, take responsibility for a decision which is not unanimously popular. So they balance each other well. I'm sure, if he notices it, Leth will enjoy his 4 day break from admin duties.

I'd like to make clear that my issue (that I brought forth to HEM) is not with Lethen himself, but with his disregard for either procedure or common courtesy. Lethen has a propensity to assume decisions that aren't his to make, and when he does so, shows a disregard for others. My administrator status was removed twice within the last month- decisions he has no authority to make on his own- without notice to HEM or myself. Both times, not a single kind of notification was given, which is part of the problem. He didn't see it necessary to inform me, either time, of the reasoning or purpose of my administrator status being removed, or even that it was. I fail to see how my administrator status was a 'security' risk or a vital issue that could not wait to be addressed and required unilateral and immediate action by Lethen. Like I said, I have little to no problem with my removal as administrator right now- I understand the decision completely- I just had a problem with Lethen's callous disrespect of me when he does it without a word before or after the fact to me.

Interesting...what happened to Sopo? He was an Admin briefly, I believe...
He asked to be removed because he didn't think we needed the extra chief, essentially. I kept him on-board for an extra week or so for input on citizenship measures, though.

Someone will have to process those...4? 5? citizenship applications in the next few days, too.

He asked to be removed because he didn't think we needed the extra chief, essentially. I kept him on-board for an extra week or so for input on citizenship measures, though.

Someone will have to process those...4? 5? citizenship applications in the next few days, too.
Fair enough. Was merely curious.

Fair enough. Was merely curious.
Indeed. My lack of experience administrating large IF forums was a key factor in my recommendation for NES to replace me. I am not on consistently enough for the citizenship reports, and my usefulness otherwise as an admin is limited.

But I own a real beagle-bassett mix, so a virtual bassett puppy needs to hover around me in the admin office! ^_^

Back