Catching up with Delegate Vinage

I will be running a weekly segment allowing the public to get to know their elected officials better, this week I sat down with the newly elected Delegate, Vinage.

Tell me about your NS History. Where did you get started? When?

Well... I first-first stumbled across NationStates when I was maybe 14? Read the book the game is based on and out this website appears asking me to run a country. I played for a bit but, being a 14 year old, I got bored and stopped playing. Then I came across the website again and thought, hey... I like roleplaying let's give thing a go. So I made Vinage about a year ago now. Recieved a telegram from Europeia telling me to join so I did. First region I ever joined

Alright, Have you been/are you now involved with any other regions? Do you/ had you hold/held any leadership positions?

I left Europeia after about a month or so as I wanted to roleplay a bit more. As my country was 'African Themed' I went over to Africa and roleplayed there. It started out alright but I found the quality was severely lacking. Started talking to the founder of North Africa and he invited me across to be his Delegate so I ran that show for about 3 or 4 months. Eventually, sadly, a few disagreements happened over some real silly things and I saw no point in arguing over nothing really. So I came back to where it all started and just got stuck in.

Tell us a little about your History in Euro!

In Europeia the thing that really sticks out as a thumb mark, and I am glad nobody has found is, is that I said raiding was stupid! I think the current Grand Admiral posted a 'we've taken region XX' thread and I said something like... "Why have we done this when my own sovereignty is being taken by rebels", Obviously discussing the roleplay happening in my nation. I was young and nieve.

We know that you've held a few different positions in government, including Culture Minister, Senator, and now Delegate. Which position did you enjoy the most? Which taught you the most?

Mmm, so far I am enjoying being Delegate so much but *laugs* ask me again in a months time when the telegrams are coming in and I've got Abbey on my back! Being Culture Minister taught me a lot about the inner workings of a Government but, realisticly, the role changes depending on each President. So, with that, I'd say that being a Senator has taught me the most. Again, when I started being a Senator, I was poor. I will hold my hands up and say I was probably one of the WORST Senators. As time came on during that first term I've learnt what Europeia wants and expects. For that I've loved being a Senator and learnt so much from it!

Should we expect to see another run for a Senate seat in this upcoming election?

Oh gosh no! I'd love to do it again but I'm happy as Delegate and I, really, want to put my stamp on that position. I want people to look back in a years time, hopefully me still there, but at least people going 'You know that Vinage. He did a pretty fine job as our Delegate'

And my final question, Tell us about yourself in RL!

Well I'm currently working as an Account Handler for Bournemouth University's printing department. I’ve Got my degree etc under my belt and a fiancée that, hopefully, I'll be marrying when I have the money!

How about a little secret?

At school people called me Sebastian after the Little Britain character who was in love with the Prime Minister. I guess my future in politics started there really!

Here is a sample:Click here!

-----

Interesting article.

You should have asked about his plans as Delegate, though. :ph43r:

Such a better delegate than Lethen :p
Most delegates were better than me. I was more of a placeholder, didn't come close to the excellent standard set by Demataria (or Cord - he was delegate right?).

The ideas about CC-WA overlap that myself, Oliver, Abbey never implemented were quite awesome, though.

Three Eyes: Government Media Lazy; Three Eyes Headers Uncreative

I tell you how you embarrassed myself and you guys debate how much better than Lethen I am? Only 3 days into the job?

I was BORN better than Lethen :p

Oh, screw off. :ph43r: :wub:

We do dress similarly, though.

Back