Bulletin 001/1

Bulletin
Issue 1 (Volume 1): Sunday 15th April 2012

Internal Announcements

Commencement of broadcasting

Welcome to the Bulletin, Europeia's daily news and entertainment service. Focussing on all areas of public life, and published daily, this service is intended to provide a short summary on activity in each area of the Government so as to aid citizens and members of the Government in keeping themselves abreast of everything that's happening around them.

The entertainment side of this broadcast will feature an Interests section and a Song section.

This broadcast will run for a trial period of five days before it is re-evaluated by the Director. Providing that there is sufficient interest in the project, it will continue indefinitely from that point, with any minor amendments being made to its structure as necessary.

Executive

1. Directorship of Foreign Aid

President Skizzy Grey appointed Cormac two days ago to serve as the inaugural Director of Foreign Aid within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The President forecast that this role would include outreach to other regions to help them improve in various ways while simultaneously improving our public profile and building connections.

2. Mandatory Services

President Skizzy Grey issued a blanket waiver for all Cabinet members under the Mandatory Services Act for the week ending yesterday, determining instead that all points from that week will be rolled over into this week's calculations.

Judiciary

3. Appointment of Justices

Justices Swakistek and Jakha recently took their places on the Bench, replacing outgoing Justice Hyanygo, who resigned to take up a position as Attorney General, and Notolecta, who is now serving as a Senator.

4. Forum Administration law

Chief Justice OnderKelkia today delivered an Advisory Opinion relating to Forum Administration law, in response to the question of then Attorney General Peaceful Llamas. He ruled that section 2 of the Forum Administration Amendment, specifying the repeal of the non-existent Forum Administration Act, is to be instead constructed such as to repeal the Forum Administrator Empowerment Act 2010, in line with the intention of the Senate.

Senate

5. Martial Law Act (2012)

The Senate is presently engaged in debate over the Martial Law Act (2012), in preparation for the enactment of the full Law Reforms. Senators are currently working to rectify errors of inconsistency with other legislation and also discussing the level of trust/leeway that should be accorded to the Supreme Chancellery in discretionary matters.

6. Pardons and Commutations Act (2012)

As contentious as it was last time it was discussed, the Pardons and Commutations Act has given rise to several different views on both the merits, deficiencies and roles of a Pardon system, and how such a Pardon system should work. Topics currently under debate include conceptual ideas on whether or not political figures should be able to effectively override the Judiciary, whether High Crimes should be able to be pardoned, what safeguards should be in place and also the question of checks and balances on the decisions of Justices.

The present version allows the President to pardon or commute Felonies and Misdemeanours and the Supreme Chancellor to pardon High Crimes, although the inconsistency here is earmarked to be resolved by the Senate soon. Pardons and commutations may be overriden by the Senate, and also do not absolve the criminal of culpability for the crime, instead either removing or shortening their sentence.

Interests

Deferred to Volume 2.

Song

Deferred to Volume 2.

Swakistek Alexander Anumia
Senior Reporter of the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation
Editor-in-Chief of the Europeian Inquirer

The Bulletin is a publication of the Europeian Inquirer, produced by Swakistek Alexander Anumia under licence for the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation.

Awesome to read and, hopefully, useful for those who don't keep up with the day-to-day activities.

When I get the EBC Nation password, I'll post this on the NS forums

Well done if you manage to keep it going. I did try a daily update (unpublished) but there turned out to be days where I couldn't get to a laptop to write (and similar other things). That's why I chose weekly as I could catch up on missed days without the publication suffering.

Just some friendly advice.

Well done if you manage to keep it going. I did try a daily update (unpublished) but there turned out to be days where I couldn't get to a laptop to write (and similar other things). That's why I chose weekly as I could catch up on missed days without the publication suffering.

Just some friendly advice.
I do see where you're from. I'll probably just wind back to three-times-a-week when I'm busy, and cover missed days in the next edition.

Thanks for the advice, though.

And thanks, Vinage.

:)

Back