Breaking: NPO Withdraws From Treaty of Sericum

Breaking: NPO Withdraws From Treaty of Sericum
Syberis? More like Si-bye-ris

Written by upc

On January 18th, the New Pacific Order (NPO) announced their withdrawal from the Treaty of Sericum. The treaty, a bilateral agreement ratified in 2022, marked the zenith of a years-long process of detente between the two regions. Only four years before the signing of the treaty, Europeia was part of a coalition of regions that declared war on the NPO due to their attempted subversion of a number of prominent GCRs and UCRs.

The announcement of the NPO’s intent to withdraw from the treaty was posted on the Europeian forum by Syberis. Syberis, a former Pharaoh of Osiris and now Senator of Diplomatic Affairs in The Pacific, said that “we are simply better for each other when working at slightly greater distance.”

The announcement cited concerns over President JayDee’s response to Syberis’ inquiries regarding the Festavo/Dionysus incident. The NPO’s position is that JayDee’s failure to inform the NPO of Dionysus’ identity constituted a violation of Section 5(b) of the Treaty of Sericum. Syberis claimed that JayDee failed to respond to the NPO’s concerns, only to request appropriate masking for Vice President Vorhollah in the MGC server “in a single sentence” later that day. Syberis noted that after this interaction, JayDee continued to avoid his concerns, but did post several times in public areas of the Europeian Discord server. This was all the impetus that the Senate of the NPO needed to unanimously repeal the treaty. The span of time between first communication and the NPO’s announcement of their withdrawal was just over 48 hours.

President JayDee’s administration has put out a statement responding to these claims. JayDee described the announcement as an “unfortunate but unsurprising turn of events,” and argued that information sharing regarding Festavo/Dionysus was the responsibility of the Europeian admin team, not the In-Character government. He also added that he had only been made aware of Dionysus’ identity approximately two hours before the announcement was made to the region.

In his statement, Syberis suggested that the NPO would be interested in honoring their previous bilateral agreement with Europeia, a Non-Aggression Pact signed in 2021. JayDee rejected this premise in his response however, saying that the previous agreement ceased to hold effect with the passage of the Treaty of Sericum. Europeia and the NPO will continue to maintain diplomatic relations through their shared ties in the Modern Gameplay Compact.

Seems that Syberis too was bothered that you didnt use at least a couple sentences to talk about how great I am
Listen man, I'm the Press Secretary and even I'm not sure that I could stretch the truth to that extent...

Reactions: Vor
Seems that Syberis too was bothered that you didnt use at least a couple sentences to talk about how great I am
Listen man, I'm the Press Secretary and even I'm not sure that I could stretch the truth to that extent...
and here I thought your talents for stretching were universal

Reactions: upc
and here I thought your talents for stretching were universal
upc can only make one of us look good at a time

Syberis, a former Pharaoh of Osiris
1705630584244.png

Read: Floundering government uses excuse to gang up on Euro and appear relevant. We don't need fair-weather friends like that anyway.

Back