former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
ENN - "Kraketopia Wins Goldenblock By A Hair"
Written by HEM Tiberius

Europeia's most exciting election in years has ended with the narrowest margin of victory in our region's history.

Kraketopia has seen himself elected as the next President of Europeia with 40 votes, or 50.6% of the total votes cast. The race was a nail-biter from the very start, with Kraketopia taking a brief (but moderate) lead in the overnight, swapped with an afternoon of ties and brief leads by Ninja Kittens. This campaign toyed with themes of "new vs. old" and "fresh ideas vs. the establishment."

Kraketopia was criticized for having a platform light on details, while Ninja Kittens was criticized for having a resume light on experience, and not answering all the questions in her campaign thread. Ninja Kittens was endorsed by the newly rebranded ACE Party, while President-elect Kraketopia ran as an independent. The ACE Party told ENN that:

"Today is an historic day for Europeia. To my knowledge this is the highest voter turnout we've ever seen-- nearly 80 votes, or 60% voter turnout. This record breaking day is something for us all to be proud of; few Regions in NationStates can claim to rival this," and that "while the candidate we endorsed did not win, both tickets hold strong roots within the party; Kraketopia being a former Chairperson, along with his running mate Trinnien, Ninja Kittens, and Sopo all being members..

Tonight, regardless of who you voted for, we all have something to be proud of. Europeia's future is in great hands."

A statement from Senator Ninja Kittens says:

I think Kraken is a great person and a very apt leader, I'm very certain that he'll do a great job leading the region in the coming term. I want to thank everyone who supported me, as well as everyone who turned out to vote. This has been the most exciting election I've ever seen in Euro, and it's raised a level of interest in the region that I've never seen before. Which I think is something to be proud of.

Win or lose there was no way I was going to be disappointed with the outcome of the race. We put up a great fight and ran a good campaign, and I have no regrets.

ENN has reached out to Kraketopia's campaign for comment.

2 votes came in at the last moment...

wow.

ENN is looking for an exclusive with the last two voters.

magical little trolls came in whence we were sleeping and shined our shoes. common occurrence reall-- wait... are you talking about the election? oh, two people got in some of the closest votes to the end. It was an amazingly close race and the trolls are really good at shoeshining!

Fortunado said:
magical little trolls came in whence we were sleeping and shined our shoes. common occurrence reall-- wait... are you talking about the election? oh, two people got in some of the closest votes to the end. It was an amazingly close race and the trolls are really good at shoeshining!
wat r u talking about?

Either way, we should definitely mention this in the next major update we send out to people. This if freaking awesome.

What other region gets almost 80 f*cking votes??

HEM said:
What other region gets almost 80 f*cking votes??
TNP?

Seriously, I asked Asta earlier today. They had 90-some in May of this year. There were only 54 in the most recent election, though.

Some records I'm pretty sure this broke:
- Most votes: 79
- Narrowest margin of victory: 0.6%
- NK I'm guessing is the only person ever to blow a final-minute lead and lose the election.
- Latest winning vote ever cast: one minute left

I am sure it wasn't your intent, but I think it's unfair to say that NK blew the last minute lead. We both had our strategies and we saw record turnout. If either ticket had had a massive lead and still lost, that would be different but we were neck and neck all day. There's no need to turn this into some kind of scorned lover/political conspiracy scenario and I am concerned that there are a few people that seem to think that way.

[me] stands on a cliff in a white dress, staring out over the ocean while cherry blossoms slowly fall around her, tears glistening in her eyes. As all good scorned lovers do.

Back