Bantering With Bryan #1

Positives - like the format of having a panel

Negatives - far too long. needs to be edited down, and there's a lot of white noise. Identify voices more often because it's easy to forget who is who.

Positives - like the format of having a panel

Negatives - far too long. needs to be edited down, and there's a lot of white noise. Identify voices more often because it's easy to forget who is who.
I don't think it was hard to identify the voices. Especially mine. :p

And next time less topics will probably be there.

I didn't edit it because it's not how they usually are. Talk shows are unedited, with the conversation nonstop. I realize that there are awkward pauses, but I can't tell when either of the two are done conversing, as such I didn't know when to move on.

Gus is right, next time there will be less topics, this time, however, there was a lot of topics. Anyways, I like the length, you can't get into any good topics with a 15 minute show, this was the only way in which things could be in depth. If the length causes dislike, then so be it.

I didn't edit it because it's not how they usually are. Talk shows are unedited, with the conversation nonstop. I realize that there are awkward pauses, but I can't tell when either of the two are done conversing, as such I didn't know when to move on.

Gus is right, next time there will be less topics, this time, however, there was a lot of topics. Anyways, I like the length, you can't get into any good topics with a 15 minute show, this was the only way in which things could be in depth. If the length causes dislike, then so be it.
I just don't think anyone will get an hour deep into this. I'm done after 12 minutes, I just have things to do and there needs to be an agenda / theme.

I also don't think that we shouldn't be editing 'because it's not how they usually are.' An hour long podcast / skype conversation that isn't particularly special (I'm thinking the high court's judicial skype conversation here) doesn't meet a strong demand in my mind.

I just don't think anyone will get an hour deep into this. I'm done after 12 minutes, I just have things to do and there needs to be an agenda / theme.

I also don't think that we shouldn't be editing 'because it's not how they usually are.' An hour long podcast / skype conversation that isn't particularly special (I'm thinking the high court's judicial skype conversation here) doesn't meet a strong demand in my mind.
It's two movers and shakers in the region talking about important issues. How is that not interesting? :p

If people don't want to listen because it's too long, or it isn't important, then they can have fun with that. I made this for those who would listen. There is very relevant conversation in the show that some people may like listening to.

Heh. I'm going to listen to all of it. It plays in the background quite nicely while I'm reading topics and replying.

During my absence, I did pick up a headset with a microphone and I plan on re-downloading skype if anyone is interested in chatting. Was just thinking of the appropriate place to announce that but couldn't remember seeing a skype thread. :)

So far, I'm really enjoying hearing your opinions on the matter.

Heh. I'm going to listen to all of it. It plays in the background quite nicely while I'm reading topics and replying.

During my absence, I did pick up a headset with a microphone and I plan on re-downloading skype if anyone is interested in chatting. Was just thinking of the appropriate place to announce that but couldn't remember seeing a skype thread. :)

So far, I'm really enjoying hearing your opinions on the matter.
Glad you like it. Let us know what you think when you're done. And if you want to be interviewed then contact Bryan, and get our Skypes if you want to just chat. ^_^

Even if I cut out the blanks without conversation, it'd still be an hour long. That's just the amount of things we talked about.

Also, Henry feel free to message me about Skype.

No good talk show is short.
I've done fine with 15 minutes - I think one possibility is breaking the podcast into segments so that people can listen to the issues they're more interested in.

No good talk show is short.
I've done fine with 15 minutes - I think one possibility is breaking the podcast into segments so that people can listen to the issues they're more interested in.
An idea that will certainly be taken into consideration.

EDIT: Perhaps we can do what YouTube people do sometimes? Like put in time markers to allow people to skip around to different sections in the podcast by clicking on them? No? Well if that's not workable that's fine.

Back