Rach

Banned
I can't upload a new under 50KB jpeg or jpeg-2000 file as the forums state to me that that type of file is not allowed as an avatar.

or gif...

Our avatar system can be a bit clunky sometimes.

What on earth is a JPEG2000 file? Perhaps that's the issue since it takes JPEGs only.

Typically I just edit the image to the file size requested, save as a 90% quality JPEG, refresh cache and done. If your still stick Rach' ping me and I'll sort out the file for yah

What on earth is a JPEG2000 file? Perhaps that's the issue since it takes JPEGs only.

Typically I just edit the image to the file size requested, save as a 90% quality JPEG, refresh cache and done. If your still stick Rach' ping me and I'll sort out the file for yah
Idk what it is, but I had to try something other than JPEG (I did both). I guess it could be cache and will try to fix that.

EDIT: No luck. I also don't understand why things always have to be made so difficult to use on the forums and why user-friendliness isn't a goal.

I'll chime in here as well. I had the same issues when trying to upload The Governor here. The file was well within the size limit and I tried to upload in three different formats. I ended having to shrink the picture here, download the smaller version, then upload that. So you could try that, I suppose.

Idk what it is, but I had to try something other than JPEG (I did both). I guess it could be cache and will try to fix that.

EDIT: No luck. I also don't understand why things always have to be made so difficult to use on the forums and why user-friendliness isn't a goal.
Most users have no problems with it, and its better for the forum - and by extension users - overall.

I will say, though, that in the past when I had avatar-related issues it was usually because the forums wouldn't shrink them automatically like they claim they do.

Fuck you forums :p

Translation for Lethen and CSP: Over the top explicative meant to elicit a positive and light hearted reaction given my difficulties in uploading an avatar on the forums.

Someone probably already asked, but what browser are you using? It may have something to do with it.

Back